Vitamins and or supplements to boost metabolism

mrkovacic

Hi I am a 50 year old woman who had a total hysterectomy 2 years ago and the pounds have creeped on and I am obese. I had tried watching what I eat and exercise an hour a day - 30 mins on stationary bike and 30 mins walking about 3 miles however the weight is not coming off. Are there any vitamins or supplements that can help. I am really getting upset that I cant loose weight. Need any suggestions. Thank you!

jfh

perpetual student
I was just watching Dr. Oz. His program reminded me of how important the thyroid is to our systems. If the weight just won't come off, you might want to be more aware of your thyroid. Also a problem with brain fog, constipation, low body temp.

It needs zinc. It also needs iodine. Try kelp tablets for one thing. Also, be aware of the bread that you buy. Make sure the label says definitely "NO BROMATES". Nature's Own is a good brand. Bromine displaces iodine in the thyroid. It is a sister halogen. The thyroid is tricked into believing it has enough iodine, as bromine is so similar.

Mikegws

I would experiment with gluten free or paleo dieting. I know all these different diets work when they introduce a caloric deficit but they are all so hard to stay on.

Paleo has worked well for me. It might work for you -

When I'm eating out I stay gluten free as eating 100% paleo in a restaurant is not easy for me.

Genesis PURE

We did a segment on Dr Oz for weight loss using Green Coffee and recently came out with a ll natural coffee drink that increases the thermogenic process to help increase metabolism and using herbs like Caralluma Fimbriata, which have clinical trials showing the prevention of new fat cells and Garcinia Cambogia. A natural appetite supressant and fat burner.

jbaerbock

I would recommend MyFitnessPal.com, it has helped me loose quite a bit of weight over the years and has educated me on what's in my food nutrition wise. Most people are unable to loose weight due to their eating habbits even if they add exercise into their regimen. If you're looking for more endurance to perform exercises I'd recommend Ginseng, specificaly Korean/Panax/Red/Chinese Ginseng [all different names for essentialy the same thing]. If you try it make sure you take a version that is standardized and start slow with the doses. It took about a month for me to start noticing a difference [effect seemed to build over time for me].

Everyone's body is different and there's a lot to try out there so good luck!

P.S. Probiotics can also help with weight loss if you find yourself "backed up" a lot.

Hwalji

There several supplements that you can take in order to boost the metabolism. There is choline and inostol amino supplements and kelp. These will help increase the metabolism.