surgeon wants to take out my breast lump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML

Original Poster
Sorry for the delayed reply. ;)

Thank you, thank you so much. I'm getting so much info from you guys, I'm still processing it in my mind. And all the links you have given me are so helpful, I haven't got to all of it yet, and will soon. You guys are Godsent, and I'm so grateful from the bottom of my heart, and thanks to this health forums too.

You know what Jim, I think you are right about it's not an allergic reaction, but really a detox reaction. All that shellfish that I ate and had no allergic reaction; that has to be it.

Seems like any detox will show up on my skin. One time I took SunChlorella for a week and started to get itchy, red rash spots in various places on my body--even my face. I stopped and it went away. And another time when I did the colon cleanse and metal detox(amalgam fillings), toward the end of the metal detox my skin started breaking out in acne all over--face and body; it went away a week or so later. And not to mention when my doc put me on oral bio-identical progresterone--a month later I broke out in painful acne all over, except for my arms and below the hip areas.

I told the doctor, and he said it was just stress--I doubt it. Stress had gotten me this sick and I didn't have acne, maybe a few here and there when I go through the cycle. He took me got off of it after 5 months--got pregnant. The acne got so bad when I was pregnant. I wore t-shirts everywhere I went, and let my long hair down the whole scorching, hot, humid summer.

I got put back on it immediately the same day after the delivery of my son; it was supposed to help prevent me from getting post-natal depression. After 7 or 8 more months on it, I got off of it for good because I couldn't endure the severe acne. It turned my life upside down, and got furthur downhill from there. I was a wreck. They had adjusted my dosage--it didn't help. My acne has subsided a bit, but not much--and it's been 3 1/2 years later.

It got to the point where I was hiding from people, UPS delivery, and even children. I couldn't face anybody, and couldn't stand it when people look at me. I barely went out, and when I did, I'd slap a ton of make-up (my mask) on; that even made me feel alot more unattractive. My life had altered dramatically, I had no quality of life--all the health problems, and now acne! I had isolated myself from everyone. All the very little self-esteem, cofidence, pride, etc., that I have left went down the gutter; not to mention acne scars I will have to deal with later.

I'm still on the third doctor there to help me with the same problems. She successfully treated me, and then different consequences/side-effects started. So, everything stopped and started to go downhill again. She had mentioned a saliva test that also shows the hormones levels. I haven't called her back for that yet.

I'm just about to give up on them, but not on my life. See... some positive thinking there Arrow, I'm making some progress aren't I? :D

I almost forgot to mention one thing related to what Jim said about ammonia. Several times I have excercised, I noticed my breath(breathing--nostrils) smelled like ammonia. I thought that was really odd. I don't know if it was during, after or even related to the detox--I forgot; can't hardly remember anything anymore, especially my short-term memmory.

I think I will use the lugols iodine topically on the breast lump first and drink plenty of water to see how that goes. And meanwhile waiting for proper diagnosis.

By the way Arrow, one of the sales reps at the vitamin shop in my doc's facility had mentioned how Vitex had helped her with her acne problem after I had told her my unfortunate acne story. She said it might help me and put a bottle in my bag--at no charge! I didn't take it because it wasn't what the doctor ordered; I didn't want anymore consequences, since they haven't helped me figured out why.

It is to be considered when we piece the pieces of puzzles together--if I need it. Thanks for bringing it up. It's still in my medicine cabinet.

jfh

perpetual student
Keep us informed TML. Good, bad, or neutral. I hope you will seek out a naturopath or homeopath. Under the circumstance, a wholistic doctor would be good. Better than someone who want to perform surgery unless it is absolutely necessary.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
OMG! I just wrote you a lengthy post and lost it. Now Im just too tired to go on...so this will be it for today...the links I had gathered together for you.

So here I go again.

The more I learn about you the more I can see that detox is a main issue for you. Acne may be helped by the vitex, or even something else, but the reason things are amiss is due to sluggish liver and perhaps other organs, and for you certainly, skin. Skin is the largest organ in area that the body has. It is responsible for detoxing much. Do learn about and practice skin brushing. I will make detoxing and healing easier for you.

I worry about overloading you with info. But what else can I do? There are many answers to the many questions.

I have been into detox for over 30 years and I'm going to recommend the book to you that I would have written If I ever got around to it..:D
This book has sound and sensible advise and you can take it to bed with you for an evening read instead of glazing at the computer. I have done this program several times in the past 1.5 years. I like it cause it shows me how to cheat so I can keep up with my fast paced job. Ive done may detox fasts over the years. This book is filled with sound advice. Now don't be misled about the loosing weight thing. I don't know it that is an issue for you or not but it is really irrelevant. If you are detoxed, and if you do moderate exercise you will loose weight . Your hormonal glands will start to detox also, which will start to restore balance on many levels. You WILL learn a lot from this book.

Amazon.com: 21 Pounds in 21 Days: The Martha's Vineyard Diet Detox: Roni Deluz, James Hester: Books

She recommends green products in her fasts. I don't buy her products. I purchase the one below, but I have not used this company before. I ususally purchase directly from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more but couldn't find it today. either way this is a good price. I use it because its pretty high powered in orac value and tastes good too. Even my kids will use the berry flavored with out nagging or even encouragement. Now you know if a 20 year old will reach into a cabinet and scoop it into his drinks it has to be kinda ok.

https://www.fubaohealthstore.com/Pakonen.html

TML

Original Poster
The night before I wrote a really detailed, lengthy post. It took me a few hours, most of the things I wanted to say were time consuming due to sluggish memory. When I click on the submit button, it said that I wasn't allowed to to that task and told me to refreshed the button a start over again. I lost the whole thing, I was so upset--I stayed up til 4 am. So, thank you for doing it over, I appreciate it.

I got started on a detox program by Jon Barron at jonbarron.org since last March. There are 3 phases, I only got to the first phase and never finished the last two. I started over about 2 months ago and still haven't done the last 2 phases yet. I have a reasonal amount of time to finish the last two phases. I'll have to finish this program since I still have the products for the last two phases. I got his products from baselinenutritionals.com. They are pricey, I can barely afford it, but since I really need to get well--can't spend like that anymore. I will look into the detox book and products, since I can cheat and it's affordable.

I don't have much of a weigh issue, just alot of health issues that really need to be resolved. That's one thing I don't have to worry about.:)

Don't worry about overloading me with info. And you are right, there are many anwers to many questions, and I need answers. I will get to all of them.:D

By the way, my acne is not as bad as I have mentioned, but needs to be resolved. I don't want you to think I'm acne-lizard woman.:D

I will go get ready to go for my second ultrasound now. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Arrow

Matrix

Admin
Sorry about losing posts, Arrow and TML. If you are using FireFox, please install this add-on.

This extension will save automatically the content in textarea on pages when user is typing. User can recover the saved texts in the cache window, even the tab or the window is closed unexpectedly.

The user will see an icon in status bar when the text is saved in the cache. Clicking the icon to open the cache window.

jfh

perpetual student
Thanks Kevin. That's a great extension.

I never have problems at your site; but I do have them at others.

Someday Firefox is going to say to me that enough is enough regarding the number of extensions. So far, no difficulties.

TML

Original Poster
Kevin,

I don't have firefox but internet explorer. The problem was I took a few hours too long on the post--I got redirected. I was asked to refresh and start over, obviously that will delete the long post I had written--it did just that.

How much time do we have to write a post anyway?

TML

Original Poster
I still don't have a clear diagnosis! I got the second breast ultrasound today, and the tech and I were trying to track the lump but it just didn't show up on the screen. The more we felt it, the it felt like the dense tissue.

By the way, the "mass" that the other radiologist at the other facility who told my doc about my other lump, was just dense tissue. That was what this new tech told me, she said it wasn't a mass; she was pretty shocked that they had told me that. This same "mass" was just "fullness" told to me by the surgeon. I got curious and wasn't sure, so I asked her what exactly is a mass, and she told me it's usually a tumor or cancer. :eek:mg: If I knew what that was when one of the girls at my doc's office called and told me--I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink! I would have the mother of all panic attacks for days. I had lost alot of sleep for days over that phone call before I saw the surgeon. WOW!

Back to the undetected lump. When we tried and tried, point and rub, rolled and click, and still couldn't see it on the screen. So the tech decided to go get the radiologist to come in and check. He felt the lump, we all felt it, but it didn't show on the screen. The more I tried to feel it, the less lumpy it felt. It felt like it's connected to the dense tissue--the "mass", but irregular; that's what the radiologist and I agreed on.

He said he didn't see anything in the ultrasound results. He's not sure what my surgeon wants to do. He mentioned that the surgeon might want to do a biopsy--yeah right!

I'm beginning to think that it's just a rounder part of the dense tissue. I don't know what to think. I don't know what the surgeon wants to do when I see him this Thursday. If he wants to get it out, then I will have to request a blood test screening for C. I don't want surgery, not if we are not clear of what it is.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Have you started the castor oil packs yet?
Castor Oil Packs

Take a deep breath. Its all starting to sound like smoke and mirrors to me.

You also need to get your vitamin D3 level checked. We have some good threads here on that. The lower the vitamin D level the
higher the risk for cancer.

TML

Original Poster
I finally got everything that I need for the castor oil packs and will start today.

I did have a very low level of vitamin D3 and was taking 2 capsules two times a/day along with cod liver oil, but I wasn't faithful though. Sometimes I forgot and only take it once a day, and sometimes I forgot it altogether. I stop taking cod liver oil of new data that said it's dangerous--something to do with vitamin A and D together.

I know that vitamin D3 is crucial for breast health. There are so many people saying so many different things about the safest dose for vitamin D3 intake. I wasn't sure if my doc had put me on a safe dosage. I took 4/day for awhile and then reduced it to 2/day and with short-term memmory problem--some days I forget. I am taking 2/day now at 1,000 IU each and other supplements that also have D3 in it. I don't know if I should go back to 4/day.

I am very homebound and barely go outside, so I don't get much sunshine at all. Especially with skin problem and all, I'm too self-conscious to go outside without make-up on. We stay in an apartment home, so there's not much privacy here.

The time before last (the first time) I saw my new doc, I asked her to also check for my vitamin D3 and iodine levels in my bloodwork. When I saw her the last time, I forgot to ask her and she didn't tell me.

Well....she never got either one checked. I just called the office awhile ago while writing this post. I think I had told her a little too late that day, after she had finished filling out the prescription and was ready to head out the door, she said okay--maybe she forgot.

I'll see her again in February and get it done.

And by the way Arrow, all those valuable health knowledge that you banked in your head should all come out in a book, don't you think? Trust me, if you'll have one coming out, I'll be the first one to purchase. And I'm sure it'll be phenomenal.:D

But meanwhile, I am very happy and priviledged that I'm getting it for free.
:lol:

You don't mind telling me what skin brushing is? Thanks.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
The Dry Brushing Technique

Here, and this site has a photo of a dry brush also. You can ususaly get one at most healthfood stores, but probably on the net too, somewhere.
The closest thing to a book I have going is www.HealthSalon.org Although I don't write much there, it is more a collection of useful information. With Kevins great
help, it is often on the first page of results for anyone doing a google search on any topic posted there.

Until we know more I would also forget the cod liver oil. I would say that you could start out with 10,000 IU daily for two weeks then reduce to 5,000 IU daily. If you get a test done you should expect to be in the range about 50 if you have done this and been on the 5,000 IU part for at least 2 weeks. If you are around 50 score you can be sure that you were subnormal in Vit D levels without this supplementation. If you are at high risk for cancer or other chronic disease you should be around 90. So after your test you can adjust to try to get there.

https://www.healthsalon.org/448/vitamin-d3-and-cancer-and-auto-immune-diseases-viral-infections-what-you-need-to-know-2/
https://www.healthsalon.org/449/vitamin-d3-test-to-do-at-home-inexpensive/

TML

Original Poster
update

I saw my surgeon yesterday, he re-examined my breasts and told me that he couldn't believe that they couldn't detect the lump through the ultrasound. After he had examined me, he said he had two options for me: one, is to give it two months to see if there is any changes to the lump and get another ultrasound, and two, make a small incision and take it out. I opted for option number 1 of course.

I would have suggested the option 1 if he hadn't offered it to me anyway.

I was so relieved and glad that he had told me "it's really is nothing", I forgot to ask him what exactly is that lump. I'm just glad "it's really is nothing".

I guess he just wanted to take it out for the sake that it is gone; though that's not my cup of tea--getting unnecessary operation, whether it's minor or major.

I got alot of burden off of me yesterday after I saw him. I am still working on the catrol oil packs, hopefully the lump will vanish in thin air--on my fourth day today.

Still waiting for my Lugol's iodine solution to come in. I can't wait to use it. Hopefully, it'll make the lump go away faster.

I still have many health concerns. I'm slowly finding out what is wrong with me thanks to the helpful links that you have given me Arrow!:D
For instance, I know for a fact that my body is very acidic--ammonia breath when excercise at times and considering all the acidic foods that are included in my diet. I found out that feeling lonely, down or stress can cause acid to produce in the body, and a sick body is very acidic, and also diseases thrive on acid.

I really need to test my pH levels. Hopefully, I will find a store that sells the litmus or pH paper around here. If not, I'll have to order online.

Thanks for checking back.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
MOMA MIA!

Did you see that movie? Its a chick movie, guys won't like it and its really funny!

Anyway thats what I thought when I saw your name.

Change your diet and you will change your life.

TML

Original Poster
MOMA MIA!

Did you see that movie? Its a chick movie, guys won't like it and its really funny!

Hey! I was gonna pm you and tell you about that movie. I'm glad you brought it up. I finally saw it last night; it was such a cute and funny movie. I knew and love almost all the songs in it. It was a really delightful movie, I wanted to see it again today. I'm thinking about purchasing it.
My two year old son kept on singing "momma mia" after the movie was done, he was so adorable.:D

You are so right about that--change your diet and you will change your life! I agree with you 100% Arrow. That will also be added to my health revelation list.;)

jfh

perpetual student
MOMA MIA!

I totally love Meryl Streep - my long time favorite. So chick flick or not, I'm going to watch it when it gets to one of my premium movie channels. Problem is that I don't care much for singing movies; nor operas. Funny though, I do like orchestral movies - like "Music of the Heart". Streep was in that also. She has had music and voice training at a young age.

shapshftr

TML,

I'm going to go against pretty much everything that has been said here. To start off, there is way too much to say in one post, so I'm going to be very brief or this would end up being a book.

First off, your breast lump may be nothing serious, just a proliferation of breast tissue. This can come and go, so I wouldn't jump at removal of the lump, unless it continues to grow. It appears you have a great deal of imbalances with your body's biochemistry. That is what you need to address, and once you do, the lump may resolve (go away).

Second, what you describe from the iodoral use is a clear sign of iodism, (iodine excess, not deficiency or allergy). It is not a detox reaction (herxheimer effect). However the same advise to drink lots of water is warranted to remove the excess iodine. Below are two excerpts from and article on iodism:

"An eruption of acne, especially on the face, shoulders, and thighs, is a very common result of the internal use of the iodides; hydroa on the face and forehead is an occasional consequence, but eczema is more frequent, yet less so than acne, which is usual."

"When it is desirable to avoid iodism, large draughts of water should be taken during a course of the iodides. As Rosenthal has shown, large dilution of the salt hastens elimination, and thus prevents the more severe effects of iodism."

https://chestofbooks.com/health/materia-medica-drugs/Roberts-Bartholow/Practical-Treatise/Iodism.html

I would not use the Lugols solution like you plan to do. At the least, you will likely break out in a rash again, and at worst you could get way too much iodine in your system. Iodism can be fatal!!! Also, there is no such thing as iodine-allergy, that is a fallacy. People who are allergic to shellfish are allergic to a substance in shellfish, tropomyosin, not to the iodine. Some people also have a problem with iodine due to errors of the iodine pathways in the body. The reason iodized salt doesn't cause a reaction is because the mount of iodide in it is minescule.

Another clue to this is that you said your other doctor(s) put you on T3 in the past, and you mentioned another doctor seemingly being shocked at that. I would be too, if I were him or her. Whoever has prescribed armour thyroid and the T3 for you may have misdiagnosed you. You are most likely HYPERTHYROID as the one doctor suggested. Either that, or you are simply getting way too much thyroxine from taking the Armour and or T3.

Looking at your blood tests, you say your TSH is very low, but T4 is normal. This is a sign of hyperthyroid, not hypo. TSH is Thyroid Stimulating Hormone. It stimulates the thyroid to produce T4. But you have normal T4, therefore your TSH level will be low. TSH rises only in response to low T4, to stimulate the thyroid to produce more T4. So the higher the T4, the lower the TSH should be. And taking more T4 in the form of Armour, Synthroid or other subsitutes only raises the T4 levels higher, making the TSH go even lower, possibly to the point that no TSH is even detectable. On top of that you have taken T3, which gets recycled back into T4.

You have normal T4, and have taken more T4 and T3, which are both made up of iodine. T4 has one more iodine molecule than T3. My guess is that your thyroid is already saturated with iodine from all this T4 (Armour) and T3 (triiodothyronine), and taking the Iodoral is simply too much. The rash and bumps you mentioned from taking Iodoral are the signs of iodine excess (toxicity).

You also mentioned your hair falling out at an exorbitant rate. This is a symptom of HYPER, not hypothyroid. I thought I saw a mention of you being warm (other than during the summer) in one of your posts, but can't find it now. That is also a sign of hyperthyroid...hypo makes you cold. Often hypers are underweight, but that may not be so in all cases. Read the following explanation of hyperthyroid and see what all symptoms fit:

https://www.endocrineweb.com/hyper1.html

If it were me, I would stop all treatment and just get the thyroid autoimmune tests done that you said your doctor wants to check. That is the correct starting point. If they are negative then you have other imbalances to address, ie. sex hormones, heavy metal/mineral status and certain vitamin deficiencies. Your money would be better spent finding the true causes rather than paying for all sorts of things you don't need, or ones that could do more harm than good. It amazes me that all doctors, conventional as well as alternative, don't bother to prescribe the necessary nutrients the body needs to produce thyroxine, rather they prescribe synthetic hormone or natural thyroid hormone, which does not treat the cause. Also thyroid hormone needs to be produced on demand as the body needs it. So you can never get the right dose from a pill.

shapshftr

Forgot to add this quote regarding the TSH and T4 levels on your blood tests:

"The rate of thyroid hormone production is controlled by the pituitary gland. If there is an insufficient amount of thyroid hormone circulating in the body to allow for normal functioning, the release of TSH is increased by the pituitary in an attempt to stimulate the thyroid to produce more thyroid hormone. In contrast, when there is an excessive amount of circulating thyroid hormone, the release of TSH is reduced as the pituitary attempts to decrease the production of thyroid hormone."

Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland) Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment by MedicineNet.com

This is why your TSH is 0, because of all the thyroid hormone you are making and or taking. The level of TSH is controlled by what's known as a negative feedback system. Read all the pages of that article to understand the thyroid conditions better.

TML

Original Poster
Shapshftr,

Wow! I don't know what to feel or think right after I read your posts. Everything you said made alot of sense, especially why my TSH was zero and T4 is normal. Thanks for explaining that and everything else to me and all the information that you've given. Right after I read your posts I immediately called the doctor's office in Houston(out-of-state) and asked the nurse to send to me all my labworks' records.
I wanted to know what my thyroid hormones were when I first started going there.

I am so furious and overwhelm right now because I don't think that I even have a thyroid problem in the first place. And they apparently misdiagnosed me because all the problems had never went away. I think that my problems was just hormonal imbalances; I don't know what to think. I just pray to God that they did not create this disease in me by putting me on Armour thyroid for almost 4 years!

Darn it! I am a good person, I don't deserve this. Most of my life people had taken advantage of me. I always give and never receive, if I have a little I give a little, and if I have alot then I give alot. I'd give away my last "candy" to a friend and not have one for myself. I believe I'm a good person. When it comes to my health, my life, I don't want to be taken advantage of. I even re-use and recycle!

I just have to try to take one breath at a time for now. I won't see my doctor(the one that said that I could be hyper instead of hypo, she also told me to decrease the Armour to 2/day instead of 3) again until Feb. 9 and hear what she'll say about the blood result for the antibodies. And of course I should ask her to test my vitamin/mineral defiency, hormones etc.. I don't know if she'll send me to an endocrinologist, if not, I'll have to request it.

Thanks again Shapshftr, and I'll keep you guys posted.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
shapshfter made good advice I think. This is why I said I think you need to see an endocrinologist. The docs you have been seeing are questionable. You probably do need to stop all that thryoid supplementation to see what your body is really doing but I would do it with an endocrinologist advising you.

You cannot go wrong with detox, and there are very few people who do not need it but even this will go better when you get your thyroid issues worked out. The best way to start is with diet. Lots of fresh veggies and veggie juices.

TML

Original Poster
Hi Arrow, nice hearing from you again:)

I stopped taking the thyroid med for about 9 days because I forgot to re-order and had to wait for awhile to get it in the mail. I felt fine when I wasn't on it, on it or not on it, it didn't make much of a difference in those 9 days. I started to feel numbness in my right big toe again when I started taking the thyroid med again. Could this be related?

I'm in a process of doing phase 2 and 3 of the detox program. But before I start on phase 2, I have to do a 2-week heavy metal detox, again. I have to do a 2-week heavy metal every 2 months because of the toxic mercury fillings that they put in my mouth!

I stopped the thyroid med today even though she'd told me to just reduce the dosage. What do I do? I don't want to have iodism, or maybe I already have it? :? I won't see my doc until the 9th of next month. I'll ask her to prescribe a thyroid bloodwork again. I think I should just stop it altogether just to see what happens in the bloodwork. My fiance had been telling me to stop taking it months ago and I didn't listen to him. He thought I might get better without it, since it doesn't do anything for me really.

I can't believe those freakin' doctors, they even have a radio show in Houston, TX! What the heck do they preach when they can't do proper practice! And it's cash only! The darn "health and wellness" center is call Hotze Health and Wellness Center, so beware, or maybe I'm just the really unlucky one. Dr. Hotze(didn't "treat" me) even have a book call Hormones, Health, and Happiness...how ironic!

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Generally if people are hypothyroid they feel pretty bad pretty quick, but it can take a couple of weeks for thyroid hormone to clear out.

One thought I had about your T4 being 0. Perhaps there is a pituitary malfunction. If you can stay clear of hormone therapy till you get retested I would try to do so.

I don't know much about Iodism, and I would suspect that it is fairly rare. It sounds to me that it would be the result of a metabolic malfunction of some sort, since the vast numbers of people are iodine deficient, and hypothyroidism is at at an epidemic level in this nation, I always wonder about those to claim not to be iodine deficient who do not eat an iodine rich diet. Smacks of metabolic malfunction to me. Things just don't add up. I hope your doctor can figure it out.

jfh

perpetual student
While you are waiting Mia....

I could not post the entire contents of this important information; so here is the URL.

The Thyroid Gland

I was very interested in the role of mercury with the endocrine system. An evil role indeed. I have not read the entire article. Just too much. I will read a little at a time. I think it is beneficial to detox mercury constantly. The safe way is to do it slowly. The use of something like cilantro, which binds to mercury, is best.

I also don't think you have iodism. I feel that it would have shown up in some of those tests. Remember, the typical Japanese diet contains 12.5MG. The FDA recommendation is 150mcg. Quite a difference. Also, all this fluoride that we get in our water supply and the bromine that we get in our baked goods both displace iodine in our bodies. That is why Americans are so deficient. People in UK are probably deficient for the same reasons. Also, UK people drink a lot of tea (I think). The tea plant has fluoride too. If you are hyperthyroid, you would feel that you are allergic to iodine; because the thyroid does not seem to need it. Or bromide has replace iodine in the thyroid such that the thyroid won't know the difference. I use the Japanese as a model; because they are humans and consist of young, old, infirmed, pregnant, and nursing babies. 12.5MG is a lot more than you get in our diet. I believe that the thyroid medication, you take, may not even have that much if any.

You are a good person. Don't let the mainstream med pull things over on you. Do your own research. Ask them to point you in the direction required to research whatever they are throwing at you. You can do this without showing distrust; even though you may distrust. Just let them know that you are uncomfortable and worry too much about everything (like me).

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
. The use of something like cilantro, which binds to mercury, is best.
My understanding is that cilantro will pull it out of tissues but you need to also take chlorella to pick it up in the gut so it won't be reabsorbed, one of the pitfalls of mercury detox.

jfh

perpetual student
Arrow, I thought that cilantro is able to cross the blood-brain barrier where even EDTA is not. I also thought that cilantro was able to bind with mercury all the way through the digestive system.

I would have said chlorella; but about 30% of people can't tolerate chlorella. This may be due to optimized function of the enzyme cellulase. If you are unable to tolerate this it would be wise to consider adding an enzyme with cellulase in it to help digest the chlorella.

Yoshiaki Omura, MD, director of medical research at the Heart Disease Foundation and president of the International College of Acupuncture in New York, reported that after finding he had been heavily exposed to mercury, he accidentally discovered that when cilantro is taken in a lightly cooked form it causes a massive excretion of mercury via the urine.

Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, Ph.D recommends cilantro as one of the best means to remove mercury from the brain. His clinical research has found that 5 grams (teaspoonful) a day is the minimum dose.

Fresh cilantro can be prepared by finely chopping eight or more heaping teaspoons, steeping in approximately one quart (or one liter) just boiled chicken broth or water, covered for twenty minutes. Be sure to avoid using metalic cookware, since cilantro is a powerful metal chelator. Use only Pyrex or Corningware!
The tea or broth may then be sipped throughout the day. This will have to be continued for at least
two to three months to be sufficiently effective in most cases of elevated mercury levels.

If I am chelating mercury, I like to take an oxidant like MMS or iodine as well. They will oxidize mercury so that it is rendered harmless as it evacuates the body. That is my theory anyway.

Apparently garlic will oxidize mercury too. "Garlic has been shown to protect the white and red blood cells from oxidative damage caused by metals in the blood stream — on their way out — and also has its own valid detoxification functions. Garlic contains numerous sulphur components, including the most valuable sulph-hydryl groups, which oxidize mercury, cadmium and lead and make these metals water-soluble. This makes it easy for the organism to excrete these substances. " - Klinghardt Neurotoxin Elimination Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.