Partial Success (gut, probiotics)

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Friend of mine has been having some gut issues and the doc did a blood test which came out fine and told him to eat yogurt. He replied "I do eat yogurt",. I turned him on to iherb.com and told him to get a package of ohiras probiotics. He took them for a couple weeks and said he is not completely better but they definitely helped.

jfh

perpetual student
Ohiras are my favorites. Kind of pricey though; even from iHerb. I like them, because of the cultures they use; and the duration of the culturing.

It is possible that your friend may be taking something like medication that is destroying the flora. Hopefully it is not some IBS problem. Recommend that he continues yogurt, even though he is taking the supplement. The soured milk is good. Most fermented, nonalcoholic, things are good for the intestines.

Once upon a time, when I was 8 y/o, my mom had to take me to the doctor with some sever pain in my lower intestine. The doctor laughed and said it was constipation. He said, "Drink more water." The idiot. My mom was mad, because she was a weave mill worker and did not make very much money; as well as supporting 3 children by herself. I've had constipation problems ever since that time. These last few years, now in my 60s, help has been probiotic supplements, digestive bitters, and occasional herbs.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Original Poster
Ohiras are my favorites. Kind of pricey though; even from iHerb. I like them, because of the cultures they use; and the duration of the culturing.

It is possible that your friend may be taking something like medication that is destroying the flora. Hopefully it is not some IBS problem. Recommend that he continues yogurt, even though he is taking the supplement. The soured milk is good. Most fermented, nonalcoholic, things are good for the intestines.

Once upon a time, when I was 8 y/o, my mom had to take me to the doctor with some sever pain in my lower intestine. The doctor laughed and said it was constipation. He said, "Drink more water." The idiot. My mom was mad, because she was a weave mill worker and did not make very much money; as well as supporting 3 children by herself. I've had constipation problems ever since that time. These last few years, now in my 60s, help has been probiotic supplements, digestive bitters, and occasional herbs.
Interesting, because I just talked to him and I am going to kent state to party friday evening. I told him I would pick up a Kombucha drink for him to drink when he arrives. Although antidotal, when my dad was in the hospital last summer, one day he was on the downslide and I went and bought that SYNERGY drink which is kombucka. He only drank about 3-4 oz of it, but the next day was much better.