Fungus under breasts

Cass

Doc told me I have a mild fungus (looks like blotchy heat rash) under there and gave me a prescrip for something but I decided I wanted to try au natural first.. So I had a look at some tea tree & peppermint oil spray, which I've just used now... It burns!! Please correct me if this is not a good idea. :shock:

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Coconut Oil

Cass, I would suggest trying Coconut Oil, and give it a good chance to work. You might have to work around the oilyness in the area of clothing, but you can find what works for you.

Coconut Oil has anti-yeast properties. It's anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial. It's a cheap and natural fix, and it's soothing and beneficial to the skin.

https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Coconut

Cass

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll have a look..

But is tea tree okay? will be effective? I just have to bear with the initial burn? Feels a lot fresher under there once it's dried.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Thanks, I'll have a look..

But is tea tree okay? will be effective? I just have to bear with the initial burn? Feels a lot fresher under there once it's dried.
I don't have very much experience with tea tree oil. I used it a long time ago for a toenail fungus, with no positive results at all, so that would make me, personally, not recommend it for that.

I'm presently using a natural tea tree oil mouthwash by Desert Essence, as it has antiseptic properties.

jfh

perpetual student
Essential oils, like tea tree, should not be used directly by itself. I hope, whatever you are planning to use, has another ingredient for a carrier. Otherwise tea tree oil is very effective. You can test it on another part of your body to see if you are allergic or if it is too strong for you.

I agree that coconut oil would be better for the skin and for the purpose. I've used coconut oil as an underarm deodorant. It is absorbed into the skin very well. I did not find it oily. It is good on the face as well. It is famous for killing fungus withing the body, such as Candida.

I also get a heat rash similar to jock itch. I use a mineral rock underarm deodorant in that area after every shower. The minerals keep the rash from even starting.

u&iraok

It would be the peppermint oil that burns. Tea tree is mild and watery so you shouldn't have to dilute it with a carrier oil. If you got some tea tree by itself (no peppermint) it would be a good idea to try. Or colloidial silver which will not burn either.

I'm wondering if the area should be kept dry especially since that's probably why you got the infection--the area was too moist, and that tea tree or silver would be better than coconut oil because of this but I'm not sure.