Breast lump SOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judie777

Original Poster
Judie,

BTW, I do believe that NY State is one of the states where it is legal for medical doctors to practice alternative medicine. The state cannot dictate to them the therapies that they choose to use, but it is likely that hospital privileges may be limited according to hospital policy. You can thank Dr. Adkins for this advancement, as he paid severely for it.
I think you're right. Here's one right near me..

https://www.cihh.net/

Judie777

Original Poster
I started the kelp/iodine liquid supplement a week ago. The dose is 150 mg. with 4 drops. I started 2x day. I seemed to have a bit more energy but the breasts still ached and twinged often. Two days ago I increased the drops to 3x day with 5 drops. Already yesterday my whole chest felt better. This morning I really have to probe to feel the soreness. Myabe all of this is a GOOD thing and the MRI will show nothing.
Monday I put on the iodine twice. It was the 1st time I had done that and it disappeared so fats I thought I had rubbed it off! The second spot disappeared just as fast, within an hour or so, so that tells me I'm in need if it badly. I would be thrilled to find that all these aches are just an iodine deficiency and not cancer, cysts, wrong Synthroid meds AGAIN, etc.
I've had about all the stress I need for awhile. I'll get the blood test results today from the 10 tubes they took a week ago. I'll let you know.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
This is a very good sign. You must be quite deficient. But you will restore proper levels and you will feel so much better.

Which iodine product are you using?

Be sure to get your vitamin D levels checked as they know now that low levels have a high correlation with breast cancer and you will want to make sure you are where you need to be.

Judie777

Original Poster
I'm using World Organic liquid Kelp/iodine.
The oncologist noted last week my Vitamin D intake and thought it was high. Maybe he'll have had it tested and I'll get the reults today with the rest of the test results.

Judie777

Original Poster
Hit a snag! My new oncologist called with the blood test results. He told me to call my endo and have her adjust the Synthroid down as I am at a TOXIC level on the T4 results. I emailed my endo, and told her I'd started iodine therapy and she said she does not recommend iodine therapy for thyroid cancer patients as it WILL affect the T4 levels. So now what?? I'd much rather stay on the iodine and lower the drug.

Last edited:

Judie777

Original Poster
I am REALLY upset. My endo apparently has gone on several months of maternity leave, WITHOUT getting back to me and adjusting my Synthroid. I called my new oncologist as he's the one who said I'm T4 toxic. HE referred back to my primary care who knows nothing about anything specialty wise. Thats how Friday ended and I heard from no one about anything at the close of offices Friday.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Your endo doc should have another doc that she is referring her patients to.
Call them and find out.

I would think that adjusting your syntroid down would not be that big a deal. You adjust it down a little and check it again in a few weeks. Most docs do this!

Judie777

Original Poster
I called Monday and was referred to another Endo. Talked to her Tues. and she did lower the Synthroid to the next level down and made an appt. to see me Oct. 28. I didn't go into a whole lot of detail on the phone, and I didn't tell her I'm taking iodine. By the time I see her, I'll have been on the adjusted dosages, have had my MRI to do the breast check, and will have seen the oncologist. So by then we should know how it all works.
P.S. Off topic.....
My son had me over for dinner last night to make the announcement that next April I am going to be a Grandma! They've been married 3 years and had it all planned out so it will all work for them. Its my first, he's MY first and I'm thrilled. I've been worried I wouldn't be here to see my grandchildren. I can't wait. :)

nightowl

Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit
Really happy for you Judie! Grandchildren sure changed my life! I have five ranging from 22 to 10 years old.

Good luck on your tests too. I'm glad you were able to lower the Synthroid rather than stop the iodine! Sounds like it's really helping whatever you had going on!

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
It takes up to 3 months to saturate with iodine, so don't be surprised if your needing your synthroid decreased again!

and congratulations! I think you will be able to get to know several grandbabies as the years go by.

Judie777

Original Poster
I wish I understood better about the iodine/Synthroid thing. From what you just said about a 3 month saturation, I should be surprised that my blood work read so differently so soon. Is it the iodine, or my changing pre-menopausal body chemistry going on? (Don't forget I do not have a thyroid anymore.) I was taking the iodone only 2 days before the bloodwork that showed the T4 at 2.6, but just a month before it was 1.81. BUT I'D only been on the Synthroid 125 dose for about a month so I may not have been adjusted to that yet. And with just a few days on the iodine my breasts stopped aching so much. I'll be so glad when all these numbers calm down.
In the past 3 months my cholesterol went from 171 to 202, and my blood pressure is going nuts up and down. I did just start the rutin as well which could influence the BP but the rest is beyond me.

Mad Scientest

For what it’s worth my research into cholesterol has shown me that, contrary to popular opinion, at 202 you are just getting into the healthy range. (200-300) In other words don’t worry about it. Your body actually needs cholesterol, both LDL & HDL. The side effect of the pills used to control can be far worse then the problems there suppose to prevent.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
I wish I understood better about the iodine/Synthroid thing. From what you just said about a 3 month saturation, I should be surprised that my blood work read so differently so soon. Is it the iodine, or my changing pre-menopausal body chemistry going on? (Don't forget I do not have a thyroid anymore.) .
Judie, I forgot that you dont have a thryroid any more.

So will not expect improvement on that level. But it is still my understanding that 3 months is what it takes for other tissues to get saturated. Breast tissue has a tremendous need for iodine.

I cannot say if other changing hormone pictures would cause the problems you are talking about. You sure your thyroid is completely gone?
This is really a puzzle for your endo doc. and likely you are just in an adjustment phase.

But typically with aging in people who do have a thryroid who use synthroid, generally as time goes by they need more, not less.

And I agree with Mad Scientist. 202 for cholesterol is nothing to worry about. Most people don't understand that hormones are made out of cholesterol.

Judie777

Original Poster
I've been using the kelp/iodine drops, 150 mg. 3x day for 3 1/2 weeks now. I tested with the tincture today again and it took 5 hours for it to completely disappear versus the 30 minutes to an hour it took 3 weeks ago. So I guess slow but sure I'm building it up in my system.
I've also added L Carnitine to my supplement diet at 2000 mg day. Between the iodine, the L carnitine and the lower Synthroid I feel like a new person.
Tomorrow is the big day. I'm going for the breast exams with an ultrasound and an MRI scheduled. I see the doc on Friday. Got my fingers and toes crossed.

Judie777

Original Poster
They decided to do the MRI first. The radiologist wanted to see me before they did anything else. All she kept pushing at me was a mammogram! I said NO! I explained to her why and no matter what I said she knew better. I told her I'd see my oncologist on Friday and I would find out in a safer manner what or IF I have. She knocked natural cures and really got PIST! at ME! Oh well, such is life.
She said MRI only showed invasive cancer and would not show the beginning stages of it.

Doc Dinesh

As mammograms have many false positives and are known to drastically increase chance of getting cancer I would remind this doctor that she is there to advise, not to dictate. It is entirely up to me to either accept or reject this advice. To openly display hostility toward the patient (similar to parent and child) suggests that the doctor may not be as fit to practices as she assumes.
I find it good that you stand your ground but also realise that it is a frightening and lonely position to be in.
Lesions found in a mammogram are often advanced and compression during procedure may dislodge even smaller lesions, allowing cancer cells to travel.

I wish you much good luck!

Judie777

Original Poster
Docs Diagnosis!

I had a thrilling day! :p My new oncologist/alternative doc said the MRI was more then acceptable proof that I do NOT gave breast cancer and I am FINE! He said the radiologist apparently felt threatened because I so thoroughly questioned her knowledge on what was 'safe' and what was NOT and she came back at me with the attitude that no way did I know what I was talking about. The MRI certainly would show the initial stages of cancer. He just shook his head at what she'd said about that.
I was tickled when I told the Doc about the iodine and l carnitine that I'd started since I'd seen him and the aching in my breasts for the most part had stopped. He said he'd never heard about the iodine tincture test. I told him it wasn't a sure fire test but he was amazed by what I'd shared.
Thanks for everyones support here. I DO appreciate you! :cheers:

Mad Scientest

Wow good news. That has to feel great to get that load off your chest. :lol:

Plus it looks like you found a doctor that’s willing to listen to his patients, that in itself may have made the whole ordeal worthwhile.

Doc Dinesh

Wonderful news!
Yiu are right to concentrate on iodine intake for the future. Also, I would advise you pay meticulous attention to other antioxidants.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Great News Judie!

And now you can rest assured that you are onto a trail that can lead to enduring health.

I would also note that you have been through the trial that hundreds of thousands of women go through each year. Its great that you have stood up to the fear mongering and cut your own course through the mire. I do think that that x ray person deserves a letter from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.