Breast lump SOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xania

Judie, I have the instructions, somewhere here on my PC. Do you need them, or do you know already how it's done?

Judie777

Original Poster
The link that arrowwind provided above goes into detail on the wrap, and I was just trying to simplify the procedure with my question. I just wanted to be sure I got the gist of it. I had never heard of this before today.

Sally B.

Judie,

That is exactly how I did it. I had no experience using castor oil. You really can't do it wrong. You can use a cotton flannel, but I don't think it's necessary, the gauze works fine. Although, if I had a large gauze bandage with plastic on the outside already, I might use that. The important thing is to make sure you keep the castor oil on the skin and add more when needed. The gauze pad was about four inches across and the lump was about 1/2 inch across, so it was quite a bit larger than the lump and covered a good area around the lump. I used plastic wrap with surgical tape, although it is difficult to keep it from moving if the tape gets oil on it. I used the same pad the entire three days. I used a heating pad when it was practical. I guess you'll have to experiment a bit to make it work for you.

Sally B.

Belle

breast lumps

Judie, you can repeat the castor oil pack as often as necessary but if it comes back right away(more than once a year) then you need to do some other work. My lump, which is usually not palpable starts getting bigger and painful when it has been too long since I've done a cleansing. Pushing 63 I now cleanse twice a year.

I first got rid of my very severe fibrocystic breast disease by doing a very thorough cleanse. I use the Dr. Richard Schulze system, but I'm sure most systems would work. www.herbdoc.com

What I've learned too since then is that most cysts are a symptom of iodine deficiency. I did a self test many years ago and the dot of medicinal iodine was sucked up in less than 1/2 hour. Guess that explains the severe boob problem. I have not had painful breasts in about 15 years, other than my "canary" lump that lets me know when it is time to cleanse.

I do take iodine daily now and just started on Dr. Donsbach's combination iodine that seems really good. Certainly better than Lugols solution in water-yuck! www.letstalkhealth.com

I'm sorry I've ignored my old group but this has been a tough 2+ years. We had an auto accident March 17, 2006 and my Dr doubled my PT time and I go to therapy 3X a week still. My left hip was really messed up and I have "end stage osteoarthritis". Can't do a hip replacement because of my sensitivity to metals. I'm waiting for the hyaluric acid injection to be approved for the hip. Knee success is about 50%-sounds good to me.

Love and blessings to you all-thank you for the reminder of my neglected friends Jo!

Leppert

Last edited:

Judie777

Original Poster
Thank you, Florence, for taking the time to write all of that. I may very well need iodine. I have always avoided salt and I guess that probably is not a good thing. I always feel bloat after having anything salty and never knew about iodine deficiency.
I'm so sorry that you must be in constant pain. I've been fortunate so far in that my ailments other then the low back have not been painful. I feel bad that you can't tolerate a hip replacement to help with the pain.
Take care of you and I'll surely follow up on your advice.
Judy

It appears that I may very well have an iodine deficiency. Alot of the symptoms fit. Keep in mind that I had a total thyroidectomy last December. I am a bit confused, however. I refused the standard radioactive iodine treatment, but it was my understanding at the time that since ONLY thyroid cells absorb iodine that they considered it a 'safe' way to kill any possible residual cancer cells. So my question is, if thyroid cells are the only thing that absorb iodine and I supposedly don't have any more, then how can iodine help me?
And the dose? Arrowwind pointed out a site above and the iodine supplement offered:
https://www.letstalkhealth.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=163

Is this a good one? I'm obviously out of the loop here.

Last edited:

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Belle-

Great to hear from you!

Sorry to hear the hip is giving such a problem

I know someone who had severe osteoarthritis in hips. She used stem cells to regenerate. Now she goes up and down stairs like it is nothing!

I don't know where you can get stem cell injections in the US but I do know it is happening and it is not illegal, just not promoted by the AMA.

If you want me to I will call her and see if she has ideas.

Please do check in with us once in a while. I have learned so much from you and you are so appreciated by many

Belle

More about breasts

The Lord truly provides. Today's email from Dr. Douglass is enlightening:

Breast self-examinations do more harm than good

Dear Friend,

For years, I've said that breast self-examinations are a complete waste of time for women. And now, as always, the health care industry is belatedly catching up to my way of thinking.

A recent report by the Cochrane Collaboration – an international organization that evaluates medical research – is questioning the usefulness of breast self-exams, and has found (like I've suspected) that these exams may actually be doing more harm than good.

The study found that the inaccuracy of these exams can put women at risk for invasive and unnecessary treatment. In the study, women who performed breast self-exams were twice as likely to be subjected to biopsies with benign results.

Right now you're thinking, "Isn't it good news to get a negative result from a biopsy when the alternative is being diagnosed with breast cancer?" Well, no… especially if that biopsy was unnecessary to begin with. A breast biopsy is an incredibly invasive diagnostic test, and the women who are subjected to these tests are often left with significant scarring, breast deformities, and, consequently, emotional wounds.

To put it in perspective, these scars can be as devastating to women as the sexual dysfunction experienced by men after needless prostate cancer procedures that may occur as a result of inaccurate PSA screenings. According to a 1998 study, 61 percent of women who had undergone a benign surgical biopsy still had symptoms of anxiety of psychological distress five months after the fact.

In the study, half of the women were taught how to self-examine their breasts, while the other half was not. Of the women in the study who eventually died of breast cancer, 292 had routinely self-examined themselves while 295 did not. Obviously breast self examination offered next to no benefit whatever.

I'm not at all surprised that it played out this way. And if you're at all familiar with a woman's breasts, you shouldn't be surprised either.

Almost all breasts are lumpy because they contain mammary glands. These lumps are what it's all about (i.e., milk production). To most people (including most doctors), it is very difficult to distinguish between a lump of mammary gland and a lump of cancer. Yes, it is true that cancer is usually harder than normal glandular tissue, but if there is any fibrous tissue present, it is impossible to distinguish between cancer and, well, not cancer.

This creates all sorts of problems. When it's difficult for a trained medical professional to determine whether or not a lump in a breast is suspect, what chance does a woman have? Especially since her head is already filled with anxiety that anything she feels that's different could be a death sentence.

Women with lumpy breasts are kept in a constant state of anxiety, discovering new lumps, rushing to the doctor, waiting for the biopsy report, wondering "How much time do I have left? Has it gone to my brain, my bones?" This pathetic drama is repeated hundreds of times every week in communities all over the nation, at great cost and to no purpose. Billions of dollars are wasted yearly because of women being advised to do an examination they are not qualified to do and that most doctors aren't qualified to do either.

So then what's the answer? All I've told you about is what's not working. Of course, just because current cancer screening tests are flawed, it doesn't mean that we should stop screening for cancer. In the past, I've told you that the Anti Malignin Antibody Screen (AMAS) blood test is the best cancer screening test out there – better than even than mammogram (which, by the way, is equally useless … but that's a story for another e- mail).

Examining the effectiveness of self-examination,

William Campbell Douglass II, M.D.

Belle

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers will help too of course.

Yes, iodine is apparently in every cell of the body. If you want some articles I have some I can send you personally. They are too long to post here.

Arrowwind, I didn't know they did cell therapy here in the US. I will try anything as long as it does no harm. Yes, please send me the info. We can't afford to go out of the country and pay out of pocket too...sigh...

About salt. I have always been salt averse as my mom was a salt-aholic. I have used the Celtic Sea salt for many years. I had to force myself to use it on food at first but am getting better about it. Does amazing things for energy too. This afternoon I felt like someone pulled my plug so I took some salt and chug-a-lugged some water and w/in an hour I was perky again. Only about 103 today so don't know why I was dehydrated...

I'll go to the site about my prospective student as soon as I finish my evening PT. Am late now...

Leppert

Doc Dinesh

Judie 777, is the lump on the upper outer part of the breast? Is the skin dimpled, similar to firm orange?
You have the right to refuse mammogram and to be offered thermogram. Mammogram will involve a risk and it is you who bears the consequences.
I will pray for you.

Judie777

Original Poster
The tender feeling mass is on the left side of the breast. There is no dimpling. My best guess? Its a pre menopausal thing and aches because of too much caffeine. I see the different oncologist today at another hospital cancer care center. I'll post here what happens.
Thanks.

Judie777

Original Poster
Back. Took chest xray and 10 tubes of blood. He concentrated on the lymph gland area more than the breast. He's VERY open to supplements! I was really surprised. HE said he'd test the breast without a mammo, but the radiology people at that hospital will NOT do an ultrasound without a mammo. So they are calling the imaging center where I've had my last 11 mammos and trying to see if THEY will do the ultrasound without a mammo and compare with what they already have. He's also sending me to another doc who can check me well for colon cancer without a colonoscopy...I've had serious hemmeroid issues since my thyroidectomy in Dec. so that test is not going to be done YET, but he wants her to examine me as best she can without it. Thats next Friday. She has to call me back on the ultrasound.
I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

Judie777

Original Poster
Thanks to the FDA its pretty strict around here. The risk is high for those in NY to break the rules without severe penalties if caught. I was thrilled that the oncologist is a vegan and into supplements.
I'm hoping for the best and trying not to worry until there's something to worry about.
Thanks for your support.

nightowl

Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit
Judie,

I had a friend 5 or 6 years ago that had very painful breast lumps that would come and go periodically...I'm not sure if it was related to her monthly cycle or not. But I told her what I'd read about Evening Primrose Oil and bought her a bottle of soft-gels. She raved about how it helped her right away. Also, I had a small lump in the under side of my left breast in 1978. My doctor removed it and did a biopsy....it turned out to be just an ordinary cyst and it has never returned. So, I pray that you will be as blessed.

nightowl

Judie777

Original Poster
Thanks for that. Its just at a scary point. A mammo seems to be what they all want but I just can't let them do that. The doctor yesterday felt all the way up from my breast into my arm pit where the lymph glands run and it was sore all the way up to there. I'm hoping its a pre menopausel thing and the caffeiene I drink too much of is the culprit. My faith is shakey since I just beat the thyroid cancer so its like I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best.
I'm going to start the castor oil packs now. I'll look to get the primrose oil if it turns out not cancer. It sure can't hurt.
Thanks again.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
yes, you need to stop coffee and even black tea.

There is a homeopathic combination remedy that use to help me with the type pain you are talking about in the lymph. its called Lymphomyosot and you can purchase it here. It helps detox the lymph system. And for me things use to get very sensitive pms wise and this remedy really helped. You know, breast cancer generally is not painful or sore in most cases.

https://www.smallflower.com/product/13288

and here are some folks who do thermomagraphy.
https://www.thermologyonline.org/Breast/breast_thermography_clinics.htm

I bet they could lead you to doctors who use the test.

Judie777

Original Poster
Thanks, Arrowwind. Yes, I had heard that breast cancer, of sorts, was not painful.
I got the call yesterday. The Image Center where I had my last mammo last year will do the MRI. I was thrilled. I feel like I've been running uphill for a month. They can't get me in until the 30th, but have me up 1st if there is a cancellation.
I had found a couple places here in NY that do the thermography, and they really are wide spread. I was stumped at that as nuerosurgeons used to do them. They run about 300.00 and my ins. co said they would do it with a referral. I'll see what the MRI says. The new doc mentioned several tests that were possible and safe so I feel like I've come to the top of the hill now. He really is awesome and open with everything I've said.
I'll check out the links you posted. Thanks so much.
Judy

Harry Hirsute

Judie,

I think it's great that you're being your own advocate.

I hope that your test results come back with the best possible results. Until then, I just wanted to commend you for working hard to maintain and protect your health.

Keep up the good work!

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Judie,

BTW, I do believe that NY State is one of the states where it is legal for medical doctors to practice alternative medicine. The state cannot dictate to them the therapies that they choose to use, but it is likely that hospital privileges may be limited according to hospital policy. You can thank Dr. Adkins for this advancement, as he paid severely for it.

Doc Dinesh

For breast health, look into the tocopherols and tocotrienols.
More and more research uncovers importance of Vitamin E, our most powerful and versatile antioxidant.

Status
Not open for further replies.