Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Children's Health

� #1
Old 02-09-2015, 01:09 PM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
I remember, as a kid growing up on the South Side of Chicago, if one kid had the measles, parents would send their kids over to play with him so they would get the measles and be over with it before school started. No one panicked, no hospitalization needed, no medication given, you just did your time and got over it. Nowadays it is treated like the bubonic plague - people running around in circles and screaming.
I remember that too, Ajax. Also for chicken pox. I never caught the measles or the mumps, even though I was exposed. I did catch the chicken pox though. Now, the vacciners are trying to scare me with shingles, just because of chicken pox in my past. Way past. Over 60 years.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #2
Old 03-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Reader
larryz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfh View Post
I remember that too, Ajax. Also for chicken pox. I never caught the measles or the mumps, even though I was exposed. I did catch the chicken pox though. Now, the vacciners are trying to scare me with shingles, just because of chicken pox in my past. Way past. Over 60 years.
That's because they want to sell you a shingles vaccine. You knew that though
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.