� #1
Old 04-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Lecturer
just me is on a distinguished road
Default measles

Does anyone happen to have a picture of what measles would look like? We havent noticed a fever, but I have a granddaughter that is breaking out all over in this real pretty pink rash... started on her thighs, worked its way down, and now its working its way upward.... she says it itches bad... I dont think it looks like chicken pox, not sure what else it could be... nothing new has been in her so we are sort of ruling out allergies... Help!
� #2
Old 04-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Enlightener
scorpiotiger will become famous soon enough

justme, if you do an Image Google search for measles.. you will find plenty of pictures.

here, I will create a google image search link for you:

https://images.google.com/images?q=measles

here is one picture of around the 4th day of measles:
https://aapredbook.aappublications.or...tw010504.shtml

� #3
Old 04-03-2008, 05:10 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

You didn't say how old your grand daughter is which can be a clue. It could be roseola, a common viral rash that can also bring a high fever. There is no treatment except tylenol if the fever is too much.

Or it could be fifths disease, also no treatment. Do a search on it.,,,I gotta run to work.
� #4
Old 04-03-2008, 05:31 AM
Lecturer

Im sorry, the child is ten.... no fever that we noticed, a/c hasnt been turned on and its a bit warm down here so???, no runny nose, no other symptoms, just this dern itchy rash. We gave her benadryl last night, and let her soak is a baking soda bath a couple of times last night... I found the measle pictures last night after I posted the question, (one of those duh moments, thats what the internet is for) and its really looking like its the measles... I might have gone with the fifths disease, until they said that beginning symptoms was the runny nose and ???(dont remember) She is going into see the doctor this afternoon... we shall see! Thanks for the help ladies!
� #5
Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Standing at the Portal
Arrowwind09 has a spectacular aura aboutArrowwind09 has a spectacular aura about

When my kids had the fifths disease they had no runny nose, but I don't remember it being itchy.

Let us know what she has.
� #6
Old 04-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Lecturer

Grand daughter has fifths disease. They said it is a viral disease, and there basically isnt anything to help it, so didnt prescribe anything... she will be allowed to go back to school tomorrow