What's Your Fav Exercise Quote?

Cookie

Lovin' life~
"Fitness, if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body." ~Cher

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
^ Those were both funny. :D

"The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again." ~Erma Bombeck

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
LOL! ^

This dog quote came in the signature line of an email I received today-

"A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk." ~O.A. Battista

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
LOL! ^

This dog quote came in the signature line of an email I received today-

"A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk." ~O.A. Battista
Cookie, I take my 2 furkids to the park for a 1-3 mile hike as many days as I can, when I can't go, hubby takes them. They are off-lead, and in a woodsy area with streams, ponds, etc. I have to admit that my walks with them, "forced" on some days, is to make them happy and healthy, I play second fiddle, LOL! ;) PS: the heavy breathing post made me chuckle, nice light thread during these times of swine/avian/human flu, etc. etc. :thanks:

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
awww....

They've very lucky to have such loving "parents" who take them to such a fun place for walks!

Funny how pets keep us in touch with nature, even when we really don't have the time to spare.

:D

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Aerobics: A series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars and starches into aches, pains and cramps. ~author unknown~ :)

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
^ Really good ones gang! I really enjoy reading these :D

'Too many people confine their exercise to jumping to conclusions, running up bills, stretching the truth, bending over backward, lying down on the job, sidestepping responsibility and pushing their luck.'
~Author Unknown~

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
lol^

"Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart."
~Gene Tunney~

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
"A pedestrian is a man in danger of his life. A walker is a man in possession of his soul." ~David Mccord~

"Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes." ~Robert Maynard Hutchins~

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." ~Fred A. Allen~

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
Fred A Allen has something there. :D

'Just do it' is the Nike thingy, isn't it?? ;)

"To lengthen thy Life, lessen thy meals."
~Benjamin Franklin~

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Fred A Allen has something there. :D

'Just do it' is the Nike thingy, isn't it?? ;)

"To lengthen thy Life, lessen thy meals."
~Benjamin Franklin~
Hi Cookie! I agree about the Fred Allen quote! :lol: The "Just Do It" is a Nike ad that I thought was very effective.

I like your Ben Franklin quote...VERY, VERY true! Should have that one tattooed on my forehead! :lol2:

the_hendo

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]"Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it." -Plato[/FONT]

EarlyBird

Today's Exercise!

My favorite exercise for today is pushing myself away from the table! I ate
enough yesterday at our early Easter family get together to do for 2 days!
And by golly, it was so delicious!

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
kind2creatures said:
The "Just Do It" is a Nike ad that I thought was very effective.

Lol I'll say, it sold me a pair of air Nikes :D

My dogs are certain that MY favorite exercise should be taking them for a walk.:D
:lol2:

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]"Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it." -Plato[/FONT]
It's the best, free method of getting oxygen in your blood stream. And the best, free way to release toxins. Plato was a smart fella!

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
My favorite exercise for today is pushing myself away from the table! I ate enough yesterday at our early Easter family get together to do for 2 days!
And by golly, it was so delicious!

Hahahaha!!