Tuberculosis test & vaccine refusal

Thrasymachus

Today I finally got a call back from a job I have been chasing for over a year for a physical. I should be happy, but I am not. Instead I am terrified and anxious. I called their health department and found out I would have to take a Montaux test for Tuberculosis. Now unlike most people I have done my homework on vaccines, a good source is:
CDC.gov: Vaccine Excipient & Media Summary Excipients Included in U.S. Vaccines, by Vaccine[PDF]
They mention that vaccines excipients/ingredients include aluminum compounds, formaldehyde, thimerosal(mercury), monkey kidney cells, bovine, chicken "protein", other foreign animal content, etc.!

Now I am having trouble finding equivalent info for the Montaux test, because contrary to most people I don't want to put harmful, unknown substances in my body just because someone with a white coat and a medical degree says to. The best I could find was this:
FDA.gov said:
Tuberculin Purified Protein Derivative (PDF)
(Mantoux)
Diagnostic Antigen
(Aid in the detection of infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis)
FOR INTRADERMAL USE
Polysorbate 80 Stabilized Solution of Tuberculin Purified Protein Derivative for Tuberculin

But that is not very informative. From what/where is the tuberculin protein cultured from? Diseased rotting human tissue, animals, fetuses? Do they use additives such as thimerosal(mercury) like vaccines?

I want the job, but I don't want unknown substances inside me as well. I am likely going to hire the vaccine rights attorney Alan Phillips. I already have his e-book, read a few dozen pages of it and have listened to podcasts of his radio show. A while ago on a podcast he said that basically there is no express right for an individual to control what goes into their body or not. The government does however grant religious freedom, which can be used to regulate what goes into your body, hopefully. It all just seems so macabre and frightening from where I sit.

I don't know what to do. I don't have much time either only 3 days, the physical is this Monday morning coming up. Is this montaux test as harmful as a vaccine? Can I avoid the test and still land the job? How do I find out this employer's vaccine policy, even? The workers who answer the phones seem to not know about any such policy, maybe because it doesn't exist.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
I thought it was four prongs that they poked into your arm. Not very deep.

Had one done seven or so years ago; Coworker caught TB in Costa Rica, so I got tested.

I'm anti-vaccination, but until now, I didn't give the TB test much thought.

Thrasymachus

Original Poster
Well they have to culture that Tuberculin Purified Protein from somewhere. Possibly the dead cells of an animal, a cadaver, an aborted feces, etc. Also it might contain additional additives just like vaccines. One of the problems is I am experiencing great difficulty in determining what is actually contained in the montaux test.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
True. If you could catch it by casual contact, you could potentially catch it by the test. I do think the test was at least safe at one time.

(Enter conspiracy theory here) ;)

Thrasymachus

Original Poster
The medical community is largely useless for all but emergency medicine. There is no conspiracy involved, it is just business and healthy, responsible people is very bad for their business.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
The medical community is largely useless for all but emergency medicine. There is no conspiracy involved, it is just business and healthy, responsible people is very bad for their business.
YUP, if you break your leg, they can fix you up. If you have a degenerative disease or 80 percent of most cancers, best to go alternative

KamKare

Have you spoken to the HR department about your reservations re: taking this harmful test?

Thrasymachus

Original Poster
Has any here taken a Quantiferon-gold test for tuberculosis? Does anyone know how much it would cost?(I am uninsured.) As I understand it they just draw blood and then test the blood, it seems a simpler test that I have less objection to. However the real problem is all the false positives from requiring millions to take any stupid test for a disease that is largely eradicted and then they follow up with deadly radiation and other health damaging interventions. I am thinking of maybe presenting that as an alternative.

@KamKare:
Yes, I have spoken to the personnel department to ask them about their vaccine policy, but they didn't really seem to know. They patched me into the health Department and the lady seemed annoyed but she did mention they require the montaux test, which I didn't know before. You see I made the mistake of calling that same department earlier and making a white lie that I am scheduled for a physical and concerned that I already received so many vaccines just 6 months ago. Hopefully she is just a secretary or forgets by Monday. The take away lesson is to just ask about their vaccine policy and see if they allow a religious exemption, don't argue and don't tell half-truths like I did.

Anyway I have been advised by an attorney to make a simple written statement "requesting religious accommodation under Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 due to my religious objections to the TB test." I was gonna hire that attorney to make a more elaborate statement of beliefs but he said we don't have time for that and it may not even be necessary, they could just accept that and allow me to decline the test. Hopefully that is enough, if not, I think I may just fold up my deck and take the tuberculosis test, which I don't really want to have to do. But if I have to fight them, then I will likely miss the orientation class for the position and the job will sail by me and it is the only job that I could have landed in my life that doesn't pay poverty wages. I think making crappy wages forever is a worse trade-off.

Overall I am just feeling depressed, bitter and frustrated. I have posted about this at so many forums, I even contacted my health department and that of the town where the general office building where I go to Monday is located. Overall no one knows about employee rights for vaccine refusal, there are people however who know about religious exemptions for school-children.

KamKare

Has any here taken a Quantiferon-gold test for tuberculosis? Does anyone know how much it would cost?(I am uninsured.) As I understand it they just draw blood and then test the blood, it seems a simpler test that I have less objection to. However the real problem is all the false positives from requiring millions to take any stupid test for a disease that is largely eradicted and then they follow up with deadly radiation and other health damaging interventions. I am thinking of maybe presenting that as an alternative.

@KamKare:
Yes, I have spoken to the personnel department to ask them about their vaccine policy, but they didn't really seem to know. They patched me into the health Department and the lady seemed annoyed but she did mention they require the montaux test, which I didn't know before. You see I made the mistake of calling that same department earlier and making a white lie that I am scheduled for a physical and concerned that I already received so many vaccines just 6 months ago. Hopefully she is just a secretary or forgets by Monday. The take away lesson is to just ask about their vaccine policy and see if they allow a religious exemption, don't argue and don't tell half-truths like I did.

Anyway I have been advised by an attorney to make a simple written statement "requesting religious accommodation under Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 due to my religious objections to the TB test." I was gonna hire that attorney to make a more elaborate statement of beliefs but he said we don't have time for that and it may not even be necessary, they could just accept that and allow me to decline the test. Hopefully that is enough, if not, I think I may just fold up my deck and take the tuberculosis test, which I don't really want to have to do. But if I have to fight them, then I will likely miss the orientation class for the position and the job will sail by me and it is the only job that I could have landed in my life that doesn't pay poverty wages. I think making crappy wages forever is a worse trade-off.

Overall I am just feeling depressed, bitter and frustrated. I have posted about this at so many forums, I even contacted my health department and that of the town where the general office building where I go to Monday is located. Overall no one knows about employee rights for vaccine refusal, there are people however who know about religious exemptions for school-children.

Can you add me as a friend on facebook and post this on my wall this information is informative it would help a lot of people be more aware of their rights.

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Well they have to culture that Tuberculin Purified Protein from somewhere. Possibly the dead cells of an animal, a cadaver, an aborted feces, etc. Also it might contain additional additives just like vaccines. One of the problems is I am experiencing great difficulty in determining what is actually contained in the montaux test.
Does this help?
https://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm114924.pdf

Another link to the same article in the event the fda.gov link stops working...
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Laez4ntsR94J:www.fda.gov/downloads/biologicsbloodvaccines/vaccines/approvedproducts/ucm114924.pdf+https://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm114924.pdf&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShdG2ZJkTMrkQIDoEAcQcRFafqdKgmuVRMzSU5lJKcyFxMUM-oxc7OrXYWfIWGYtpPJ15pl9xa9tkDSv6eFoe7iyEQ-2O9vhTzSj_MpjQrvMLtuE65jeHHqYs1HmX2Oqq63jfMj&sig=AHIEtbT4Y8ilZHWwttF96dzNqSxnKxcgkA

Cookie

Lovin' life~
I thought it was four prongs that they poked into your arm. Not very deep.

Had one done seven or so years ago; Coworker caught TB in Costa Rica, so I got tested.

I'm anti-vaccination, but until now, I didn't give the TB test much thought.
Nope, now the test is done by sliding a single needle under the top layers of the skin. I get tested every year because i work in a large nursing/rehab center.

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Can you add me as a friend on facebook and post this on my wall this information is informative it would help a lot of people be more aware of their rights.
You can just copy*paste a link to NatMedTalk by copying the url to this thread on your wall. This way, they can follow the entire conversation :D

Thrasymachus

Original Poster
@kamkare:
IMHO, I am not worth quoting and not a Facebook member and don't really want to be one. If you want to help your friends direct them to snippets from this lawyer's page:
https://www.vaccinerights.com/
And here is a radio Podcast series he does with Doctor Mayer Eisenstein:
https://radio.naturalnews.com/Archive-KnowYourRightsHour.asp

@kind2creatures:
I have seen that site before and I used to think it was maybe credible but the vaccine lawyer Alan Phillips says sites like that while meaning well often do harm and cause people problems because their advice and sample arguments are not legally sound. He advocated I instead write a simple letter. However this bit I found on that site seems golden, thanks for making me look at that site again, I would have missed it:
OSHA said:
Standard Interpretations - 1910.1030, September 23, 1997
Finally, be aware that participation in the employer's skin testing program is voluntary on the part of the employee. OSHA does not require that employees participate in TB skin testing, only that the employer make such skin testing available to employees.
@Cookie:
I linked to that FDA.gov PDF in my initial post. It still does not give concrete info on what it is cultured in.

Thrasymachus

Original Poster
Does anyone know how I would look into taking the Quantiferon-gold test for tuberculosis(which as I understand is a test done on drawn blood)? It seems this option is slim, I only found two test sites in all of NJ:
https://www.cellestis.com/IRM/content/usa/contact_quantiferon.html
There maybe other test sites not listed, but also I have to have the results by Monday morning which seems unlikely.