The Cycle of Life

knightofalbion

Original Poster
A twelve-year-old girl who came back from a near-death-experience decided not to tell her mother that dying in a car accident was a beautiful experience. She didn't want to hurt her mother's feelings by telling her that she had been happy in a place greater than her home.
She had a need to talk about it, though, so she told her father that dying was a beautiful experience and she had not wanted to come back. In fact, not only was it an experience of light and openheartedness, she had been amazed to meet with someone who said he was her brother,who told her she was going to be fine. "He loved me so much," she said, "and he loved you and Mom too. How could I have seen someone who said he was my brother? I don't have a brother."
Her father began to cry. "You did have a brother, but he died before you were born," her dad said. "We wanted to tell you when you were older."

(From 'On Grief and Grieving' by Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler)

knightofalbion

Original Poster
When we die, we will be surprised that not only those who loved us the most will be waiting, but there will also be many others. Ancestors, and strangers whose lives we touched and never knew it

(From 'Grief and Grieving' by Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler)

NB - Knight of Albion adds: This explains the 'others' reported by Anita Moorjani in her NDE.

knightofalbion

Original Poster
'My mother had a stroke. We had a nurse sit with her. Next morning the nurse said she had seen the figure of a girl come and stand at the foot of mother's bed at 3 a.m.
She asked what was the matter. The figure replied "I've just come for my mother" and disappeared.
The next night my mother died - at 3 a.m.
Later the nurse saw a photograph of my dead sister. "That was the girl who was at the bedside," she said.'

(From 'Life After Death' by Neville Randall)

knightofalbion

Original Poster
The dying experience is similar to that of birth, just as the growth of the caterpillar is the natural step toward emergence of the butterfly. Just as we cannot hear a dog whistle, which sounds at a frequency too high for the human ear, we cannot hear our loved one broadcasting on a channel whose frequency is beyond our ear's capabilities. But that doesn't mean that our loved one can't hear us. A ship exists on the ocean, even if it sails out beyond the limits of our sight. The people in the ship have not vanished; they are simply moving to another shore.
In the same way, death can be viewed as a transition to a higher state of consciousness where you continue to perceive, understand and grow. The only thing you lose is something that you don't need anymore, your physical body. It's like putting away your winter coat when spring comes. You lose something that you don't need anymore, something that may have been sick, old and no longer in working order. That understanding may leave little comfort in the immediate moment, but in the long run, it helps to know that somewhere, somehow, our loved one still exists and we will see them again
- Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross ('On Grief and Grieving')

knightofalbion

Original Poster
"What happens after death is so unspeakably glorious that our imagination and our feelings do not suffice to form even an approximate conception of it..."
- The famous psychotherapist Carl Jung speaking six months after he underwent a NDE

knightofalbion

Original Poster
There is not in your world one artist who could capture with his paints some of the glories of my world. There is not one musician who could record some of the glories of the music sphere with your notes. There is not one writer who could describe in physical words the beauty of parts of this world.

What a pleasant surprise you will all have one day, when you become conscious of our world.

Your world is in beauty now. [It was May/Springtime] Ypu see all around you the manifestations of the Great Spirit, as the dawn of life sweeps over your surroundings again in its cycle, and you marvel at the beauty of the blossom and the fragrance of the flowers, and you say "How great is the handiwork of the Great Spirit."

And yet, that which you see is but a very pale reflection of the beauties that we have in our world of spirit.
We have flowers such as you have never seen, we have colours such as your eye has never beheld, we have scenes and forests, we have birds and plants, we have streams and mountains. You have nothing to compare them with.
And you will be able to enjoy them, for, even though you will be ghosts, you will be real ones.

You come to our world now, but you do not remember. You visit the spirit world every night. That is your preparation. Otherwise, it would be such a shock when you come here to start your real life in earnest. When you pass on, you will remember your visits

- Silver Birch (From 'Teachings of Silver Birch')

knightofalbion

Original Poster
This NDE account was given by a 62 year old who before his NDE had been a hard-nosed, no-nonsense businessman...

'The first thing I saw when I awoke in the hospital was a flower, and I cried. Believe it or not, I had never really seen a flower until I came back from death. One big thing I learned when I 'died' was that we are all part of one big, living universe.
If we think we can hurt another person or living thing without hurting ourselves, we are sadly mistaken. I look at a forest or a flower or a bird now, and say, "That is me, part of me."
We are connected with all things and if we send love along those connections, then we are happy.'

(From 'The Light Beyond' by Raymond Moody)

knightofalbion

Original Poster
Suicide - A word to the wise:

'When the fruit is ripe, it will fall' - and not before.

Not only does the act of suicide create a huge backwash of sorrow and regret for those left behind, suicide adversely effects the soul's destined path.

Life has its purpose. We are here for a reason, not only in the general spiritual sense, but in the individual spiritual sense too - some lesson we have to learn, some task we have to perform.

Life can be very hard at times, but the soul comes into its own, not in the sunshine but in the storm.

What we term 'dark times' provide a golden opportunity for soul growth and that is the meaning of life, to learn (through experience) and to advance the soul.

Whatever life throws at us, we must stand our ground. Knowing that the 'dark times' will not last forever but for a season and, if somewhat battered and bruised, we will emerge the stronger.

knightofalbion

Original Poster
'I found myself floating up toward the ceiling. I could see everyone around the bed very plainly, even my own body. I thought how odd it was that they were upset about my body. I was fine and I wanted them to know that, but there seemed to be no way to let them know. It was as though there were a veil or screen between me and the others in the room.

I became aware of an opening, if I can call it that. It appeared to be elongated and dark and I began to zoom through it. I was puzzled yet exhilarated.
I came out of the tunnel into a realm of soft, brilliant love and light. The love was everywhere. It surrounded me and seemed to soak through into my very being.
At some point I was shown or saw the events of my life. They were in a kind of vast panorama.
All of this is really just indescribable.
People I knew who had died were there with me in the light, a friend who had died in college, my grandfather and a great aunt, among others.
They were happy, beaming.

I didn't want to go back, but I was told that I had to, by a man in light. I was being told that I had not completed what I had to do in life.
I came back into my body with a sudden lurch'

- NDE of Martha Todd, a respected professor of English
(From 'The Light Beyond' by Dr Raymond Moody)

knightofalbion

Original Poster
Animals:

'On what is called 'the mount of freedom', a beautiful, mountainous landscape, she saw some of the 'wild' animals which had become individualised through contact with humans, all now at peace with one another.
She was shown Elsa the lioness leaping down from a rock to the river bank.
Many, many people in their varied spirit robes went about tending the animals, or visiting their own special friends.

Very many animals, of course, are living with the people they loved and who loved them, in other spheres. Our friend John has his spaniel, my husband's grandmother has her dogs and horses, and we have just heard that Rudolf, our friend's cat recently passed over, is keeping our friend's mother company, an old lady who just preceded him into spirit life.

The knowledge that our loved and faithful friends are contentedly waiting to greet us is wonderful indeed.
But this knowledge also forces us to take stock of our behaviour to all animals, and perhaps think much more deeply about our personal responsibility for their welfare, evolution, individualisation and happiness.
And this in turn makes us take another look at what we eat and what we wear, for all creation is one, all part of the Divine Spirit, and the Law of that spirit is LOVE'

- Peggy Mason (From 'Tales Of Two Worlds')

knightofalbion

Original Poster
'Grandma made a noise and I happened to look up at her and saw a look of discomfort and incomprehension on her face. All of a sudden she keeled over like a fence post falling down, straight as a stick, without her legs even buckling.

I could see she her dead body on the floor. But also at the same time I saw a much younger version of her standing exactly where she had been standing when she fell.

Now, there was a second figure beside her who was a man about her same apparent age.

The two looked at me and waved, and when they did I felt a deep love.

Then they turned away as a unit and disappeared by walking away together through the kitchen wall.

We didn't have the word 'holographic' then, but it occurs to me how that this is the best word available to characterize the experience.

The two people could be described as looking like a hologram, yet they had a greater degree of reality than anything I have experienced before or since'

- A retired philosophy professor recalling how, as a boy, he witnessed his grandmother's death
(From 'Glimpses of Eternity' by Dr Raymond Moody)

knightofalbion

Original Poster
Valerie Feasby-Quigley nursed her father at home while he was dying of lung cancer. About two weeks before his death he started to tell her about the various dead family members who had been to visit him and whom he could see and talk to. She assumed that these 'visits' were due to the drugs he was taking.

'On a couple of occasions when I heard him talking, I thought he was calling me. When I went to his room to ask what he wanted he would say, "Nothing, I was talking to your mum."
On the day he died he said, "Look, there's your mum and David (her brother), they've come again. I think I'll go now." I thought he meant he wanted to go to sleep, so I said, "OK Dad, just lie back and close your eyes - you can go to sleep now." I held his hand; he lay back on his pillow, still looking at the wall opposite, and sighed a deep breath and passed away. I put all this down to the medication he was on.

When I cleaned his room after the funeral, I found the tablets that I had been giving him, and I thought he was taking, under the bed. He had not taken any of his medication. It then dawned on me that he was not hallucinating; he must really have seen my mother and her brother, and they met him to help him on his journey.'

(From 'The Art of Dying' by Dr Peter Fenwick and Elizabeth Fenwick)

knightofalbion

Original Poster
There was a feeling of utter peace and quiet, no fear at all, and I found myself in a tunnel - a tunnel of concentric circles.
Shortly after that, I saw a T.V. programme called 'The Time Tunnel', where people go back in time through this spiralling tunnel. Well, that's the closest thing to it that I can think of

- A NDE reported in 'Life After Life' by Dr Raymond Moody

ChrisCarlton67

Sometimes when listening to some rock songs, I think of my father and know that he would have liked this song. He passed real early in his life due to Huntington's disease. He loved Neil Young so when I hear a song that has the same raw guitar chords that Neil uses I think of him.

today I was listening to one such song and I swear I felt him with me, enjoying the song. I started to get anxious and my thoughts were racing, but then I heard him say, "it's ok son, just enjoy the music". As if he was saying to me to relax, that he is there with me, enjoying the song and that I should just enjoy it too.

I've never had such an experience before in my life. I've always been a skeptic.

tick

There are many conflicting stories... And there are those who even say that if you see the light to stay away from the light, and go beyond the light, to not be trapped...

So many conflicting stories...

And when my father had his NDE, he changed a bit for a while because he told me that he didn't see anything, even though he was pretty close to being dead.. He just told me he saw blackness and nothing... Scary shit....

But then... Maybe he was never truly in danger of dying then....?

Death is one of life's greatest mysteries, pretty ironic when you think about it...

knightofalbion

Original Poster
Dogs In The Afterlife:
American Bryce Bond was taken seriously ill and in the process of this underwent a NDE.
He remembered suddenly passing through a long tunnel toward a beautiful light...
"I hear a bark and racing toward me is a dog I once had, a black poodle named Pepe. When I see him, I feel an emotional floodgate open. Tears fill my eyes. He jumps into my arms, licking my face. As I hold him, he is real, more real than I had ever experienced him. I can smell him, feel him, hear his breathing and sense his great joy at being with me again...

I feel the presence of my dog around me as I ponder these two questions. Then I hear barking and other dogs appear, dogs I once had. As I stand there in what seems an eternity I want to embrace and be absorbed and merge. I want to stay. The sensation of not wanting to come back is overwhelming."

But he did come back, because it wasn't yet his 'time'.
The doctor told him that he had been 'dead' for over ten minutes.

revzen

I had my NDE at 12 years of age. On leaving my body I went into black swirling clouds, but I was not frightened. I then went onto a most beautiful place where the colors were alive and dancing - words fail to convey the magic of my experience.

On the subject of hell like NDE's, I believe this is what is projected from the consciousness of the person having the NDE. Take our dreams for example - we create the dreamworld we enter into when the physical body sleeps! So I believe we create the NDE experience we have.

Their are some cracking NDE's on You Tube, Pam Reynolds NDE is, in my opinion, proof of life after death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R654H_qOvA

Pam Reynolds Lowery from Atlanta, Georgia was an American singer-songwriter. In 1991, at the age of 35, she had a near-death experience (NDE) during a brain operation. Her NDE is one of the most notable and best documented in NDE research.
During "standstill" operation, Pam's brain was found "dead" by all three clinical tests - her electroencephalogram was silent, her brain-stem response was absent, and no blood flowed through her brain which left her clinically dead. Interestingly, while in this state, she encountered the "deepest" NDE of all.
She made several observations about the procedure which later were confirmed by medical personnel as surprisingly accurate.
Pamela Reynolds Lowery died of heart failure at the age of 53 (1956 -- May 22, 2010)

Also The Scole Experiment is worth watching - especially for sceptics!
See the thread in General Discussions!!!

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
you are entitled to believe what ever you wish but you don't have to be rude to non believers , fair enough?

by the way it was science that proved the earth to be round
Yes, but science is never settled.

"Settled science" is an oxymoron, and anyone who characterizes science as "settled" or "indisputable" is ignorant not only of science, but also history and philosophy.
Aristotle, who lived and wrote in the fourth century B.C., was one of the greatest geniuses the world has ever known.
He invented the discipline of logic, and founded the sciences of ecology and biology.
Aristotle's physics were accepted as correct for nearly two thousand years. In 1534, faculty at the University of Paris officially asserted that the works of Aristotle were "the standard and basis of all philosophic enquiry."
Reasonable Reservations
Aristotle taught that heavy objects fall faster than light ones. Over the centuries, a few unreasonable persons expressed skeptical concerns.
But the consensus was that the physics of motion were described by Aristotle's dicta. The science was settled.
Around the year 1591, an irascible young instructor at the University of Pisa demonstrated that Aristotle was wrong.
He climbed to the top of the tower of Pisa and dropped cannonballs of unequal weight that hit the ground simultaneously. Aristotelean professors on the faculty were embarrassed.
The university administration responded by not renewing Galileo's contract, thus ridding themselves of a troublemaker who challenged the accepted consensus.
Galileo is better remembered today for clashing with the Catholic Church over the issue of whether or not the Earth was at the center of the universe.
An Earth-centered cosmology was first proposed by the Greek philosopher Eudoxus in the fourth century B.C.
Impious Aristarchus
About a hundred years later, an upstart named Aristarchus suggested that the Earth revolved around the sun. Aristarchus' system never proved popular, and he was criticized for being impious.
The Earth-centered system was finalized by Claudius Ptolemy in the second century A.D., and remained unchallenged until the sixteenth century.
Everyone knew that the science of astronomy had been settled "beyond dispute." When Galileo insisted that the Earth revolved around the sun, he was castigated by the church for advocating an idea that was not only heretical, but also "foolish and absurd in philosophy."
Late in the seventeenth century, Isaac Newton demonstrated definitively that Aristotle's physics were incorrect.
He proposed the Law of Universal Gravitation, and explained how the planets move around the sun in elliptical orbits.
Newton is still regarded as the greatest scientist who ever lived. He settled the science of motion in such a conclusive way that his system was referred to as an "invincible edifice."
But the edifice crumbled early in the twentieth century when Einstein showed that Newtonian physics break down as the speed of light is approached.
Near the beginning of the nineteenth century, the Neptunian School of geology taught that all rocks had formed by crystallization from a now-vanished universal ocean.
Although the evidence falsifying this theory was both plain and abundant, Neptunists interpreted every observation as supportive of their hypothesis.
Blinded by an immoderate zeal, they selected and magnified any fact in accordance with their theory, while neglecting those that tended to disprove it.
Robert Jameson characterized the evidence supporting Neptunism as "incontrovertible."
But the theory collapsed in a few decades, and today is recognized as an artifact of inexhaustible human folly.
The End Of History?
President Obama, a lawyer and politician, would now have us believe that the process of history has stopped.
For the first time, scientific knowledge is not provisional and subject to revision, but final and settled.
Skepticism, which has been the spur to all innovation and human progress, is unacceptable and must be condemned.
But in fact, it is our awareness of what we do not know that determines our scientific level.
Socrates was the wisest man, not because he knew more than others, but because he was the only one to recognize that he did not know.
Knowledge begins with skepticism and ends with conceit.

Read More At IBD: https://news.investors.com/040809-473516-sorry-but-the-science-is-never-settled.aspx#ixzz2CvNkbnMu

So Audi, I'm ok with you being a Atheist, but remember, Atheism is the faith based religion that there is no master deity anywhere in the vast universe. Until you can prove it, your assumption is based on faith. ;)

knightofalbion

Original Poster
Dogs In The Afterlife:
American Bryce Bond was taken seriously ill and in the process of this underwent a NDE.
He remembered suddenly passing through a long tunnel toward a beautiful light...
"I hear a bark and racing toward me is a dog I once had, a black poodle named Pepe. When I see him, I feel an emotional floodgate open. Tears fill my eyes. He jumps into my arms, licking my face. As I hold him, he is real, more real than I had ever experienced him. I can smell him, feel him, hear his breathing and sense his great joy at being with me again...

I feel the presence of my dog around me as I ponder these two questions. Then I hear barking and other dogs appear, dogs I once had. As I stand there in what seems an eternity I want to embrace and be absorbed and merge. I want to stay. The sensation of not wanting to come back is overwhelming."

But he did come back, because it wasn't yet his 'time'.
The doctor told him that he had been 'dead' for over ten minutes.
An extract from a NDE account given by a lady called Mary

'Horses and dogs were playing together and when they stopped they seemed to stare a hole through me and then went back to playing.
I was told they were checking to see if I was the person they were waiting for that had loved them while on earth...'

tick

An extract from a NDE account given by a lady called Mary

'Horses and dogs were playing together and when they stopped they seemed to stare a hole through me and then went back to playing.
I was told they were checking to see if I was the person they were waiting for that had loved them while on earth...'
That is going to be a lot of pets...

I imagine if they are all there waiting it's going to be quite the reunion.

Same for people. It might be like one of those huge reunion bar-b-qs last for 800 years just to say hi to everyone again! :D

jfh

perpetual student
"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success. "

Ralph Waldo Emerson