Soya

Ive been drinking Soya milk for months now occasionally with cereal usually...

Its almost 2013 and i go to read about Soya and i get contradicting stories all around, does someone know for a fact if its Good or Bad for the human body to consume Soya??

Original Poster
Its not for breakfast the cereal, its for anytime i feel like it... Its whole grain and its clean, meaning no chocolate, dried fruits, nothing added,no added sugar,salt, suitable for vegetarians,vegans etc...
Lets just say it doesnt taste like chocolate ceral and such, i know i used to live on those when i was younger...up until 2 years ago actually, anyway...

Soy is bad because? a link, a simple short explanation? The net has conflicting information and that's why i asked, one can never be to sure who to believe, this site has been an enormous help in the past, proved effective, and so i asked...

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Soy, the vast majority of it is a genetically modified food. It is also very high in estrogens therefor not recommended as it will play with hormones. It is good for perimenapausal woman sometimes as they need those estrogenic factors.

It is not a food that the human body is accustomed to historically. It has been promoted by modern farming and corporation propaganda. It is high in protien but being a genetically modified food the protien in it may be dangerous to one's health. If you must do soy at the very least get organic for organic means non gmo. What the orientals eat are fermented soy products and that changes everything.

Original Poster
I always use the same kind because i get it on a good price.

Its Non-GMO, its organic, a Bjorg product, if youve heard of it. Vegetable Protein. No Cholesterol or Lactose. Everyting written on the box is in french so i wrote what i understood. Sometimes i get the one with added calcium, dont know if thats good..?

But still you say its not a food the human body is accustomed to, so true. I wonder if my grandpareants ever even tried this stuff, and great grand parents even less of a possibility, so the genes dont know of it ahaha :D

And estrogen i would guess organic non-gmo would do nothing for that, so its another minus.

I do not MUST DO soy :p i could let it go without looking back, i prefer milk anyway, cow goat...

Original Poster
Ive tried rice drink, just recently, organic, non-gmo and all...

The truth is i dont really like the taste, and here is a weird thing, i hate the way it looks...Basically milk is Full coloured, Soya too, but Rice drink it just looks weird, its just my personal thing i dont even know how to explain it, something about the way it looks makes me dislike it, its like a stale see-through texture, empty, sorry but i dont like rice drink.

Coconut and Almond milk i have never tried, i mean to get this around here from a BIO Shop would cost alot for something small which would run out the same day, and to buy from a commercial shop, thats all gonna be added sugars and this and that and GMO and toxins and you know...not worth it...

Thanks for the link kind2creatures...

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Soy, the vast majority of it is a genetically modified food. It is also very high in estrogens therefor not recommended as it will play with hormones. It is good for perimenapausal woman sometimes as they need those estrogenic factors.

It is not a food that the human body is accustomed to historically. It has been promoted by modern farming and corporation propaganda. It is high in protien but being a genetically modified food the protien in it may be dangerous to one's health. If you must do soy at the very least get organic for organic means non gmo. What the orientals eat are fermented soy products and that changes everything.
Yup: Organic. And unpastuerized organic miso rocks.

jfh

perpetual student
I'm not sure about other orientals, but Japan will not accept GMO soy or corn from America. They inspect it at port and ship it back. I know, because I used to trade soy and corn commodity futures until very recently. The US will run crying to the WTO for trade practice problems, but Japan will not give in. Once, the had to accept a cargo for some reason. They shipped it off to Singapore or somewhere that does not care. The US is always trying to ram such junk, including pesticides, down the throats of other countries. The other large soy producer, the largest in the world, is Brazil. I wonder if they allow GM for their crops.

I feel the same way about US wine. One is just buying a bottle of pesticides. How do I know? I used to live in the wine country, Sonoma and Napa counties.