Private Foundation Funds Coconut Oil and Alzheimer's Research

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
It's in my "to read" list. Thanks.

I also found this:
Coconut Oil: A New Treatment for Alcohol Addiction

Dry Drunk Syndrome
Roger Hershline, PhD, MD knows the dangers of alcohol abuse firsthand. As a young successful medical professional with a heavy workload, excessive stress drove him to drink as a means of release and relaxation. In time, Roger’s chronic drinking habit led to full-blown alcohol addiction.
His personal life suffered. As with many alcoholics whose marriage and family lives are destroyed, Roger’s life was in shambles. Intoxication and the resulting behavior often lead to fights, jail, and trips to rehabilitation centers. He tried many times to quit, but couldn’t. Feelings of anxiety, depression, and a sense of impending doom when he was sober were relieved only by drinking. His desire to escape led to his use of other drugs.
He finally ended up in federal prison, resulting in a loss of everything dear to him, including his desire to live. Because of his confinement, he was forced into sobriety, but he still suffered from the effects of alcohol addiction. Symptoms of depression, anxiety, irritability, irrational behavior, poor decisions, and cravings for liquor hounded him daily. These symptoms, known as “dry drunk syndrome,” are the reason why most alcoholics do not remain sober. Only from alcohol do they gain relief or achieve feelings of normality. These symptoms can persist indefinitely to some degree after alcohol consumption completely ceases. Even if former alcoholics remain sober, they can wind up living miserable lives and usually make everyone else around them miserable too. Dry drunk syndrome is the downfall of many a recovering alcoholic, even years after they quit drinking. Succumbing to just one drink can drive them into an uncontrollable drinking binge and further alcohol abuse.

https://coconutresearchcenter.org/hwnl_10-2/hwnl_10-2.htm

happy2bhere

Observing cool stuff
You're welcome kind2!

Lately, I have been hitting the red wine almost every day. TWO big glasses. And really starting to like having it every day, which concerns me.

I am doing the regimen. It can't hurt ;)