Post-Viral Symptoms, Help!

bearcub

I was feeling perfectly healthy and normal Friday morning. Went to work at 1, and by 2, I was well on my way to one of the worst fevers of my life. By 5, I'm lucky I was able to walk myself home early in my delerium, shakes and double vision. I was in bed as soon as I got home, taking in lots of tea, and fitfullly sleeping.

Fever broke later that night, and the next morning I felt 85% better. Just residual exhaustion, headache, and somewhat of a sore throat. It was the most intense, and most whirlwind illness I've ever had (I don't get sick often). Now Monday, and I'm still feeling a bit of residual weakness, but mostly okay, I'd say running at 90%.

EXCEPT FOR a spread of what seem to be after effects of whatever possessed me for such a short time so intensely. My gums are sore and bleeding when I brush. I'm getting tiny, itchy bumps on my fingers and palms, and on my face. My skin is dry and getting a bit peely, especially on my face, lips, hands and scalp.

But WORST of all is a case of vaginal thrush. I had it before I got sick actually, but it was manageable. Now, it's ABSOLUTELY INTOLERABLE, and seems to have morphed into a whole new, painful, itchy, peely, sorey, red spotted mess that I've never seen before. Seems there's much more than candida overgrowth this time.

What's going on, and how can I fix it without going to a gp (not even really an option as I do not have health insurance!)?

-

bearcub

Original Poster
I am already cutting sugar and carbs and continuing to have lots of herbal tea. Only veggies and protein for me.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Some of your symptoms sound like vitamin c depletion. Your flu could have burnt out all of your C.Take large doses like 6 grams twice a day.. it may give you a some runs but do it anyway.

the yeast infection is worse because you are run down.

pinballdoctor

I would suggest a good probiotic daily til you turn 90, along with at least 3000mg of vitamin C per day in divided doses.

For the candida, I would suggest some good natural antifungals, such as olive leaf extract, coconut oil, and colloidal silver.

The colloidal silver should be used internally and externally to kill the fungus.

If you are not taking a daily multi, I would suggest starting one, however, buy one that is made from whole foods with added minerals in colloidal form. These are more expensive, but you get what you pay for. In other words, don't get your multivitamin at Walmart.

Try to eat better so you can rebuild your immune system.