MCTs in Coconut Oil Can Boost Brain Function in Just One Dose!

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
MCTs in coconut oil can boost brain function in just one dose...https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/mct-fats-found-coconut-oil-boost-brain-function-only-one-dose?page=1

Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), the primary type of fat found within coconut oil, have been found to boost cognitive performance in older adults suffering from memory disorders as serious as Alzheimer's -- and not after months or even days of treatment, but after a single 40 ml dose!

A groundbreaking 2004 study published in the journal Neurobiology of Aging found that the administration of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), the primary fat type found in coconut oil, almost immediately improved cognitive function in older adults with memory disorders

jfh

perpetual student
So our brains need an oil change too. :)

Problem is: If coconut oil keeps displaying itself as a miracle food, the price will escalate.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Original Poster
I buy a big jug of Nutiva from Costco, much cheaper than buying the Nature's Way jar at Natural Grocers. That's okay, the price of everything has gone up in ridiculous amounts. It doesn't go up 25 cents anymore, it goes up $2.50. :evil:

I'll keep using it until I have to go through a doctor and get a prescription for it, then I'll move onto something else. :p

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
So our brains need an oil change too. :)

Problem is: If coconut oil keeps displaying itself as a miracle food, the price will escalate.
Inflation is HUGE right now, for sure, but it seems that nutritional breakthroughs seem to fall off into the fad bucket for lots of people.

Remember oat bran?

ozzie

We pay $10 for a 500 gram jar here for virgin coconut oil,sometimes it is on special so thats when I buy it.I love it on fruit bread toast.

jfh

perpetual student
We pay $10 for a 500 gram jar here for virgin coconut oil,sometimes it is on special so thats when I buy it.I love it on fruit bread toast.
I'm not sure what fruit bread toast is, but it sounds delightful. I like it on regular toast anyway.

Dragonlovinggal

Does anyone know of anything else with a significant amount of MCTs? Obviously coconut is the big one, but I've been wondering if there were other foods that would also have an impact similar to that of coconut oil.

jfh

perpetual student
Thanks so much, Mr Goat. I have been ignoring your posts regarding Resistant Starch due to prejudice. Your link to this report satisfied my ignorance.

I have been concerned about SIBO, as I have problems when I take probiotics frequently. They manage to stay in the small intestines instead of traveling on to the large intestines where they belong. Causes unwelcome side effects.

In some respects, spirulina is good for promoting the gut bacteria as well. But now I will try RS.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
Thanks so much, Mr Goat. I have been ignoring your posts regarding Resistant Starch due to prejudice.
Prejudice is dangerous.

I've always smirked over people spending $$$ for probiotics. To me it seems like planting seeds in gravel; without the environment, what is the point? A $3 bag of potato starch will last for months, and creates the environment necessary for gut flora.

If you build it, they will come. ;)

jfh

perpetual student
Prejudice is dangerous.
Absolutely. Without a doubt. I have purposely worked to remove prejudice from my life for a very long time. I have mostly been successful, and it has made me a liberal. It becomes more difficult with so much technology pushing info around at such a fast pace. As I get older, I find it difficult to escape the drama played out in the media, which includes tv, news sites, social sites, online forums, family.

I do think it is necessary to supplement with probiotics more than occasionally though. I take numerous supplements. I think many of them destroy bacteria good and bad. I still have my appendix, which keeps many of the safe, but still...