kidney detox

happyppah

anyone have a good result doing a kidney detox ?
i need to flush out my kidneys, i know spring water for a few days helps, but what about any others i can do?
i had a kidney stone, its come out now, but i dont fancy creating any more.

EarlyBird

Kidney Stones!

I'm looking at a booklet I received a few days ago that says to drink
Lemonade to keep kidney stoners from forming.
Also the B-Vitamin family drops kidney stone formation by 36%.
Study was done by Duke University.
Also, a more alkaline system helps too.

happyppah

Original Poster
thanks earlybird, yeh, alkaline diet definatley helps. b vitamin would help too, cheers

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
anyone have a good result doing a kidney detox ?
i need to flush out my kidneys, i know spring water for a few days helps, but what about any others i can do?
i had a kidney stone, its come out now, but i dont fancy creating any more.
I've only done a liver/gallbladder cleanse which involved Extra Virgin Olive Oil, grapefruit juice and Epsom salts. The result was passing around 150 "gallstones". There was a debate going whether these were really gallstones, or just a result of the olive oil mix looking like stones.

I think a beneficial supplement for one to take with kidney stone issues is Vitamin K2.

Kidney Stones
Vitamin K may help to prevent the formation of kidney stones. (It is interesting to note that vegetarians, who tend to have a high vitamin K intake, rarely have kidney stones.)

jfh

perpetual student
Most stones are formed from either uric acid or calcium oxalate.

Nettle leaf is good for dissolving both types of stones. Nettle leaf is also excellent for removing uric acid from the body and for supporting the kidneys.
Vitamin B6 is also helpful for dissolving kidney stones. Alcohol inhibits the excretion of uric acid, and beer in particular is high in purines that convert to uric acid increasing the uric acid load.

Small doses of juniper berries stimulate the excretion of uric acid.

happyppah

Original Poster
thanks everyone for your input.

i was thinking of nettle leaf also, i'll try that also.:)