getting rid of staphlycoccous areaus

mommysunshine

This seems to be the gram negative microbe that is high when there's tooth decay and other health issues. I believe I have an imbalance in my gut flora and this may be one problem.

Ted Hutchison gave a link to an article and here's an interesting part:

They hypothesized that bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) derived from gram-negative bacteria residing in the gut microbiota acts as a triggering factor linking inflammation to high-fat diet-induced metabolic syndrome. In a series of experiments in mice fed a high-fat diet, they showed that (1) a high-fat diet increases endotoxemia and affects which bacterial populations are predominant in the intestinal microbiota (ie, it reduced both gram-negative [Bacteroides-related bacteria] and gram-positive bacteria [Eubacterium rectaleClostridium coccoides group and bifidobacteria], favoring an increase in the gram-negative to gram-positive ratio), and that (2) chronic metabolic endotoxemia induces obesity, insulin resistance, and diabetes. Using CD14 mutant mice fed a high-fat diet, they showed that metabolic endotoxemia triggers the expression of inflammatory cytokines (eg, tumor necrosis factor α, interleukin 1, interleukin 6, and plasminogen

I eat a relatively high fat diet (coconut oil, raw butter & olive oil) and now I'm wondering if this is not going to help my gut. I want to get rid of that microbe and replace it with life-giving, energizing microbes.

Ted_Hutchinson

Coconut oil, raw butter & olive oil are NOT inflammatory.

The fats that do promote inflammation are corn, soybean, safflower, sunflower and cottonseed oil. When researchers look at the inflammation from a high fat diet they forget the contribution that refined carbohydrates are producing.

If you put saturated fat onto mice/rat chow and the animal suffers inflammation it's NOT necessarily the fat that's the problem, and I'm sure researchers don't get lard or dripping from organic free range grass fed animals that will come with inflammation resolving vitamin d and omega 3.
They will be using industrially produced lard/dripping from animals that may never have been exposed to natural sunlight or ever seen a field.

We have to remember that coconut oil is antiviral, antibacterial, and parasiticidal (kills parasites). If you are going to establish the type of environment in which anti inflammatory gut flora survive you have to first reduce the numbers of pro inflammatory gut flora, hence the need for coconut oil, vitamin d, omega 3, magnesium, curcumin etc. If we look at the diet of ancient cultures all the foods they ate and the way they fermented/preparted beans/grains reduced the potential for inflammation.

If you read Stephans article on Kitavan diet it should be immediately apparent that ALL the foods consumed in Kitava, including loads of coconut, produce an absence of inflammation and the diseases of western civilisation all of which involve inflammation and the inflammatory process.

I accept that they are spared the inflammatory inputs from fine particles from urban pollution and gain from exposing lots of skin to lots of sunlight but fundamentally everything throughout their lives, enhances their natural ability to deal with inflammation.

Only when we see researchers testing the reactions to saturated fats derived from traditional sources and tested in humans who have had time to acquire the necessary anti inflammatory gut flora will we know the truth. But it is naive to think you can swap from an inflammatory background diet of omega 6 from birth through to adulthood and undo that damage with one slice of carrot cake made with coconut oil. (and no doubt with pro inflammatory wheat flour) If you've been consuming omega 6 seed oils all your life and stop eating them today it will take at LEAST 5 YEARS to reduce your omega 6 to omega 3 ratio to around 1 <> 1 and that would require you to ensure a daily intake of omega 3 + total abstinence from any commercially prepared food containing omega 6, NO bought MAYO, nothing with soya/corn oil at all.
Happy Healthy Long Life

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
You need to be aware that staph aureus is a microbe that is natural to the human condition. It is found everyewhere and in all people. Trying to get rid of it is a mistake.

When disease sets it and resistance is low this form of staph can become an issue, can overgrow and can cause a variety of different illnesses based on the weakest link in the body. This is the time for some type of treatment. Not before.

Eating a diet good diet and taking supporting vitamins and herbs will generally keep this microbe in balance. Everyone is susceptible to a staph infection if they get out of balance. It is the most commonly treated microbe in any hospital or clinic, right up there with strep. Both reside normally in all people.

I do not understand what your concern is about it unless you are having an active staph infection or have a predisposition to it.

Have you had a dental issue with Staph? Did you have a culture?

Last edited:

Ted_Hutchinson

One of the points of inhibiting Staphylococcus aureu is that it is associated with the development of obesity and metabolic syndrome. I was not suggesting that the use of natural anti microbial agents will eradicate all pathogens and prevent reinfection simply that improving immune function will better enable you to keep a balanced and healthy gut flora more associated with lean body types.

How Imbalanced Digestive Bacteria Cause Obesity & Heart Disease

I think a lot of conditions result from a poor state of oral health. Keeping vitamin D, omega 3 and magnesium levels optimum while reducing refined carbohydrate intake low seems the best way of preventing dental-systemic diseases.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
That was a very interesting article Ted, the first link you provided.
Havent gotten to the second one yet.

It certainly could support why VSL#3 can cure crohn's disease. The next question is would it contribute to weight loss.

mommysunshine

Original Poster
Ted Hutchison,

Your statmement....

"If you've been consuming omega 6 seed oils all your life and stop eating them today it will take at LEAST 5 YEARS to reduce your omega 6 to omega 3 ratio to around 1 <> 1 and that would require you to ensure a daily intake of omega 3 + total abstinence from any commercially prepared food containing omega 6, NO bought MAYO, nothing with soya/corn oil at all."

....got me to cry. I feel I'm doing everything in my limited knowledge to do that would promote healing besides taking synthetic vitamins but I'm not jumping around in vibrant health and energy. I eat ocean salmon, cod liver oil, grass-fed, organic everything. I stopped eating grains and nuts even after fermenting/soaking. I feel so limited in my food choices but I'm using food as medicine.

Arrowwind09,

The interest I have in Staph A. is because I've always had tooth decay even as a child and now my 3.5 year old has it too. So, if that gram negative bacteria is found in people with high levels of tooth decay then I wanted to explore further what can be done to inhibit that germ.

Weston Price has become my nutrient bible and knowledge of the critical importance of fat soluble vitamins. https://www.westonaprice.org/

Unfortunately I get tightness in my chest when I consume green tea. I didn't buy the loose leaf as Ted suggested. Maybe that'll make a difference. Everything matters doesn't it?

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
You will want to look at a product called Notakhel.. This product has a rep for dealing well with staph and strep in most people.
ampules can be purchased to inject around the gums. The root canal must be cleaned out if infected though.

Look into Biomimetic dentistry. Those dentists can save teeth from root canals and they clean up the area with ozone gas. Seems to me a biomimetic dentist would like the Notakhel product.

The first thing to try at home is MMS oral washes.
You could also look at at 2 to 3 month protocol of Allemed - a galic product that guarantees its activity of allicin.

There are naturopaths that specialize in clearing oral infections...