Does running make you fat?

Ted_Hutchinson

Does running make you fat?
Many of us take up jogging to help lose weight. But the latest research shows it could have just the opposite effect. Sophie Morris, who ran a marathon and ended up heavier, explains why

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
I have seen many times that athletes get fat when they stop their athletic activity. We had a couple of state swimming champions in our family. They eat a lot! When they stopped swimming they got overweight.. I think that they become accustom to eating large amounts to support their activity but dont know how to readjust when the activity stops. I also saw this happen in a friend who was a runner. I haven't seen either of these types of athletes be fat while they are doing the program.. but after.... watch out.

HeavyTZM

The after-burn is played up way to much. But I am guilty of what this article suggests. I recently moved back home with my parents, where I am surrounded by junk food. I exercise intensely for a couple hours every day. I always fall victim to the junk food when I come home. When I was living on my own it was not an issue, I controlled the food in my kitchen. I have gone from about 5% body fat to probably 14% in a matter of months. It is very depressing.