Bloating!

Chatterbox

Almost each time I eat Salad made with Iceburg Lettuce, or say Baked Beans, I feel extremely bloated in the upper quadrant of my Abdomen. It is most uncomfortable, and produces a feeling as if something heavy is laying on my chest. After ingesting beverage (s) that aids in belching, I feel somewhat better. Could this simply be a symptom of eating gas forming foods?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
It sounds like gas to me. You can try taking a couple of activated charcoal caps around a half-hour before eating those things. Don't use if on prescription meds, it will make them less potent.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
I would not take activated charcoal. charcoal is highly absorbant and will absorb nutrients. Get to the cause, which is likely insufficient digestive enzymes. You need enzymes that aim at plant fiber. Do not drink with meals, ever.

Chatterbox

Original Poster
Kind2creatures,
It feels like gas, but think Arrowwind is right in needing Digestive Enzymes. My digestion isn't up to par. I have loose activated charcoal powder and empty gelatin caps, but usually don't take orally. I keep on hand in case a poultice for boils is needed.

Chatterbox

Original Poster
Arrowwind09,
Which digestive enzymes that are plant fiber do you recommend?

pinballdoctor

Froggy... I would suggest a good probiotic.

How do I know that you need a good probiotic??

Simple... everyone does.

Also, wash the lettuce in a solution of food grade hydrogen peroxide, or better yet, colloidal silver to make sure all harmful organisms are killed, and all chemicals/pesticides are removed.