Animal Tales

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Horse Reunites with his old Foal Friends

After being gone for 4 years, this horse is back home with his friends.

knightofalbion

Original Poster
You cannot share your life with a dog, as I had done in Bournemouth, or a cat, and not know perfectly well that animals have personalities and minds and feelings
- Jane Goodall

Carina Mellbin

Lion and Elephant

Once, a Lion sat thinking by himself. He had sharp, strong claws and teeth and was a beast with immense strength. Yet, whenever he heard a Cock crowing, he would be extremely scared.
The Lion, thus, complained, “Can a life like this be worth living? I am one of the strongest and the bravest and yet, a lowly creature, such as, a Cock has the power to rob my life of its charm by simply crowing!”
Just then, a huge Elephant came along, flapping his ears to and fro, with an air of great concern. “What troubles you so?” asked the Elephant.
The Lion thought of sharing his grief with the Elephant and asked him, “Can anything harm a beast like you who has tremendous bulk and strength?” The Elephant replied, “Do you see this little Gnat? If he ever stings the innermost parts of my ear, I will go mad with pain.”
The Lion understood that even the strongest creatures have weak points. He gained self-confidence and decided never to let troubles overshadow his joys in life.
We all have weak points. Instead of complaining about them, we should focus on the pleasant things in life.

knightofalbion

Original Poster
"Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar"
- Bradley Miller

* Teach a child compassion and it will stay with them their whole life through ...

knightofalbion

Original Poster
Animals cannot speak, but can you and I not speak for them and represent them? Let us all feel their silent cry of agony and let us all help that voice to be heard in the world
- Rukmini Devi Arundale

knightofalbion

Original Poster
We must never permit the voice of humanity within us to be silenced.
It is man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him truly a man
- Albert Schweitzer