Animal Tales

tick

knightofalbion

Original Poster
Christmas Light:
"Some of the spirit of love is expressed in your world at this Christmas time. It takes the form of geniality and generosity, the desire to give. It is to be seen in the remembering of old friends, the cementing of old ties, the bringing together of those who have parted and the resolution to forget old enmities.

Alas that it should be preceded by the great holocaust and bloodshed, when so many needless sacrifices are made of some of the Great Spirit's dumb creatures. What a pity that the birthday of the 'Prince of Peace' is commemorated by such a dreadful slaughter; the blood of innocent creatures has to flow in order to commemorate peace.
This is the crucifixion of your world, celebrating peace by making war on innocent creatures.

One day love, compassion, mercy and responsibility will guide man who has dominion over the lesser creation which look to him for help. When these qualities are expressed in human life, bloodshed, cruelty and needless horrible experiments which are wreaked on these innocent creatures will cease.
The wolf will lie down with the lamb because there will be peace on earth"

- Silver Birch

ozzie

I always feel so sorry for them when I see cooks on tv throwing them in to boiling water.
I turn off the show if I see any creature's about to suffer. I generally like to watch vegetarian/vegan cookery.

Cookie

Lovin' life~
I always feel so sorry for them when I see cooks on tv throwing them in to boiling water.
I turn off the show if I see any creature's about to suffer. I generally like to watch vegetarian/vegan cookery.

Ohmy gosh. I can remember (5ish years old) my parents putting them in the pot & running from the room with my hands over my ears.