Go Back Natural Medicine Talk > Health > Men's Health

� #1
Old 04-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Observer
hopeful is on a distinguished road
Default prostate cancer question

is it true that men don't die from prostate cancer, they just die with it from other things?
� #2
Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 PM
...elusive dreamer
Wiki Editor
kind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of lightkind2creatures is a glorious beacon of light

That's what I've heard, if my husband was diagnosed, I'd probably advise him not to have any operations or chemo. I give him saw palmetto, pygeum or beta-sitosterol for years now, so hopefully he'll do okay in his old age.
� #3
Old 05-14-2014, 04:58 AM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Harvard medical and even webMD are now saying for prostate cancer it might be better to take a wait and see than go for a quick fix. Prostate cancer in most cases is very slow growing and does not metastasis very rapidly to the bones. The doctor use scare tactics to get you started into treatment because it is profitable for them but your life quality will fail very rapidly. Some people have prostate cancer and live 15 or more years and not die of the cancer.
People who choose to use medical intervention usually die sooner and suffer more.
� #4
Old 12-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Observer
mamo5002000 is on a distinguished road

Mostly it's right men don't die from prostate cancer, and there is some medical tests necessary to detect prostate cancer, Like Prostate-specific antigen (PSA).
The American Cancer Society recommends every man to talk with a doctor about the risks and potential benefits of the test PSA. And discussions on those topics should start around:
♥ 50 average risk for men
♥ 45 for men at high risk. This includes African-Americans.
♥ 40 for men who have a strong family history of prostate cancer.
� #5
Old 12-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Enlightener
d0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura aboutd0ug has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamo5002000 View Post
Mostly it's right men don't die from prostate cancer, and there is some medical tests necessary to detect prostate cancer, Like Prostate-specific antigen (PSA).
The American Cancer Society recommends every man to talk with a doctor about the risks and potential benefits of the test PSA. And discussions on those topics should start around:
♥ 50 average risk for men
♥ 45 for men at high risk. This includes African-Americans.
♥ 40 for men who have a strong family history of prostate cancer.
The Doctor who developed the PSA test said it was not designed for prostate cancer and he made an apology for it's misuse.
The American Cancer Society loved it because it caused many people to go into further testing when there was no problem.
[♥ 40 for men who have a strong family history of prostate cancer.]
It is not genetic in any way.
� #6
Old 12-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Frater Aegagrus
Solstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura aboutSolstice Goat has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ug View Post
The Doctor who developed the PSA test said it was not designed for prostate cancer and he made an apology for it's misuse.

It is still the only blood test for prostate cancer.

There's always the 'Urologists handshake'
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me." George Orwell
� #7
Old 01-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Lecturer
pinballdoctor is on a distinguished road

PSA test is a farce.

Prostrate cancer won't kill you, but the treatment will.
� #8
Old 12-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Reader
larryz will become famous soon enough

A radical (but not too difficult to achieve if you're motivated) change in diet is better than any dumb drug or chemo, etc. Gerson therapy for starters.
� #9
Old 03-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Observer
maitaman is on a distinguished road

Prostate cancer can be cured and most other prostate ailments along with it very easily. I am speaking from experience for part of it, but a herbal treatment that has proven effective against prostate cancer did cure a cancer on my forehead. Side effects were that my enlarged prostate that had me up several times a night for difficult urination is no longer a problem. I don't get up at night at all now, even after having a few beers.
The treatment is easy and cheap. The doctors wanted more than fifteen hundred bucks to operate on the cancer. The treatment cost less than ten dollars.
Artemisia annua and several other species of Artemisia are very effective abd very safe. I worked out a dosage and tried it.
I acknowledge before most that genetics play a big part in any medicine. After all, my formal education was in genetics. There was no allergic reaction noted in any of the research I perused.
It tastes a little toward the horrible. That is a nothing or less when it can cure any one of the several things I had, including eczema and parasites and eye problems.
� #10
Old 03-25-2015, 01:29 PM
perpetual student
jfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nicejfh is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitaman View Post
Artemisia annua and several other species of Artemisia are very effective abd very safe. I worked out a dosage and tried it.
I agree with its safety, except for pregnant women.

Would you mind telling us the dosage which you worked out? Thanks for your info.

"We all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own." - Emperor Marcus Aurelius
� #11
Old 03-25-2015, 05:36 PM
Observer
maitaman is on a distinguished road

I used dried Artemisia, 35 gm in 1L milk, blended it on liquefy and drank a fourth of it each dose at 4 hr. interval. Take iron supplement 20 min. before first dose.
If you make the tea, DO NOT BOIL, as that destroys the active ingredients. 130 degrees F is plenty. Second round four days later.
I wrote about my experience with it, preparation and such in a book that is available as an eBook. It'll be on B&N, Apple, Sony, Amazon, etc. in a couple of days.
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.