Where to Buy Vitamin C Ascorbate?

Noitartst

I understand it works better than ascorbic acid, and John Gray recommended it along with grapeseed extract, to alleviate brain inflammation, and ADHD symptoms. What is ascorbate compared to ascorbic, and what is the best brand to buy? I understand absorbate absorbs better, or something like. I know, some here will say Gray's a hack, and maybe, so, but I aim to at least try to alleviate my symptoms, and have gone to greater lengths than extoic types of Vitamin C, I assure...

Noitartst

Original Poster
What are fluorine, and bromine? As to gluten, I've, not found it to be inflammatory, personally. I tried eating supermarket sourdough bread and boiled barley, over several days, and I noticed no ill effects. Eating less processed foods, more greens, and the like has made big difference, though.

What do you mean by nightshades? Do you mean tomatoes? For simple carbs, I think you don't mean fruit, but candy, milk, and most "processed" foods.

Right?

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
Most potatoes are nightshades. Peppers, eggplant etc. Wheat is bad news for inflammation too.

Fluorine, in your toothpaste, tap water and a few other places. Bromine, in baked goods, bedding, soft drinks. Anything that displaces iodine like all the other minerals in the halogen column of the periodic table are bad for your thyroid.

Rice is a simple carb and should be eaten in moderation.

DavyKOTWF

From what I understand, if it just says ascorbic acid for Vit C, it's probably synthetic and very little will be absorbed. That's why they'll have massive amounts of the Vit C.
But if it says L-ascorbic acid, you've got a winner. And the amount won't be massive.
Or if it says Camu Camu or Rose Hips or several 'berries' under the Vit C label, you've got an even bigger winner. I use Pure Synergy. Under the Vit C, it says
Camu Camu Berry, Acerola Berry, Freeze Dried Berry Blend, Blueberry, Raspberry, Cranberry, Cherry, Rose Hips, Lemon Peel, and others.
It's only 120 mg, but I bet it beats out any plain ole 'ascorbic acid' with 1000 mg.

jfh

perpetual student
Ascorbic acid is easier to store, longer shelf life. Vitamin C is very sensitive to light, moisture, and heat. So, even the process of delivery from manufacturer to store or vendor to mailbox can diminish its strength. You should even consume an orange soon after cutting into it. I've read that camu camu is the best source.

Guys should be careful of extra supplementation. Vitamin C is very good at moving iron throughout the body. This can cause unwanted accumulation. Guys don't bleed every month, and that is the only way to keep iron from building up. Obviously, we all need iron, but not in excess.

I had a 23andMe test and discovered that I have a gene that make me more sensitive to iron build-up. They recommend that I get vitamin C from diet.

Noitartst

Original Poster
L- ascorbic acid? As in liposomal? I can look for that.

"...(I)f it says Camu Camu or Rose Hips or several 'berries' under the Vit C label, you've got an even bigger winner. I use Pure Synergy. Under the Vit C, it says
Camu Camu Berry, Acerola Berry, Freeze Dried Berry Blend, Blueberry, Raspberry, Cranberry, Cherry, Rose Hips, Lemon Peel, and others."

Beg pardon? This sounds like a blendof things with Vitamin C in them, but not Vitamin C;
Pure Synergy" wouldn't be sold as a brand of Vitamin C, so what to look for?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Ascorbic acid is easier to store, longer shelf life.

Guys should be careful of extra supplementation. Vitamin C is very good at moving iron throughout the body. This can cause unwanted accumulation. Guys don't bleed every month, and that is the only way to keep iron from building up. Obviously, we all need iron, but not in excess.

I had a 23andMe test and discovered that I have a gene that make me more sensitive to iron build-up. They recommend that I get vitamin C from diet.
Ascorbic acid is the form I've been using and prefer. Thanks for that information of men using it, I'll be careful not to give my husband too much Vitamin C.

DavyKOTWF

DavyKOTWF

Now I'm not so sure about the so called L-ascorbic acid; it may still be synthetic C.
But quite sure about having camu camu or rose hips, etc.
Next time you're in a big chain store, look at all the popular Mult Vits, like 1 a day, Centrum, etc. See if they don't just say ascorbic acid or even nothing at all next to their Vitamin C. That means synthetic. If a bottle has camu camu, rose hips, they'll sure state that, because it's the best C.

jfh

perpetual student
All the clinical trial, hundreds, use ascorbic acid. Even the controversial IV for cancer cure uses ascorbic acid.

Liposomal is best, but more expensive.