Top 18 herbs for an advanced first aid kit?

Firekin4

I'm looking for herbs that fit one or more of these categories: most effective in treating a certain condition, the only one known to treat a certain condition, and the ones with the most uses. Said conditions I'd like to prepare for include viral infection, bacterial infection, snakebites, various pain, liver problems, poison ivy, asthma, heart problems, lupus, burns, bleeding, digestive problems, and others. So far I'm going with black cohosh, blue cohosh, weed, sweet gum seeds, and garlic. Any other suggestions?

Fungi

Some Suggestions

Sounds like an interesting project Firekin4! Planing a long trip?

For burns I would suggest looking into witch's hazel its great for stopping inflammation while cooling and soothing. I've used it a few times myself and it worked like a charm.

I would also look into chaga, which i a medicinal mushroom that boost the immune system and digestive system. It has dense sugars that act as food for your natural probiotics keeping them strong and you healthy!

Hope this helps.

Firekin4

Original Poster
Nah no long trips, too many vaccination requirements, just a life off the grid in the woods with bears and rattlesnakes for neighbors. You never know what daily life might throw at you, plus when the grid collapses, all the pills expire, and no more are being made, the earth can still heal us as it will soon heal itself. :p Are either of those effective dried?

Fungi

Awesome, I lived and worked off the grind in the Catskills for awhile there is something so freeing about wilderness. Amen about healing yourself from the world :wave:

Witch hazel is typically made into a lotion, I've never used it dried so I dont want to steer you wrong. Come to think of it you could use almost any essential oil as an antibiotic.

Chaga is best stored dry, then you would brew it into a tea when you're ready to consume it. The best part is its great for you and it tastes great too!

Firekin4

Original Poster
Huh never heard of mushroom tea. o_O The taste of mushrooms never bothered me, but I can't do the texture, so a tea is pretty damn convenient. :p And witch hazel could always go in the salve I'm making. Thanks for the suggestions!

maitaman

Artemisia annua cures cancer particularly prostate, is great against parasites such as malaria and Leishmaniasis, and other uses. You have to use iron a few minutes/hours before the Artemisia for cancer. Effective dried. Better the green. }Green cured my vision problem. I had to use reading glasses for fifteen years, took the green from plants a friend had, and haven't needed glasses since (six and a half months). Cured a large, oozing lymphoma in two weeks, and cured the Leishmaniasis I had, along with a schizotoma parasite infestion.

D Bergy

Black seed oil is something I keep around.

MMS is not an herb, I keep that handy also.

Oil of oregano is pretty powerful.

Dan