There IS a cure for Epilepsy.

Jualsy

Jualsy
Epsom Salts!!

After a lot of research I came across this recommendation years ago......
half a teaspoon of Epsom Salts in a little orange juice every morning...........epileptic fits GONE!!!

I recommended it to a friend who had grand mal fits EVERY day........from the first dose she didn't fit again, but three weeks later her doctor said he would strike her off his books if she continued with "this nonsense".

I used to visit parents with epileptic children and it always worked.

On the basisof this I contacted the epilepsy society and said I would visit to give a talk....they didn't want to know!!

I was invited to give a talk at a clinic locally, and the result was amazing. The results porove that it works.

Friends and family have tried it, and it doesn't fail.

WORTH CHECKING OUT?

Last edited:

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
I would really like to know that this is true. It's a hard one to recommend to anyone with a seizure disorder who is on medication. Do you have any studies or other evidence?

Jualsy

Jualsy
Original Poster
O.K. I know how you feel. I read Adelle Davis's books and got the original information, then recommended it to a friend who was in a bad way daily with fits. It worked from the first dose....she didn't fit again! I tried it all over and every time it worked with babies, little children, teenagers, elderly, and finally my own grand daughter (24) agreed to take it after years of trying to persuade her.....and it worked. I have heard of nothing but the fact that it works, so I don't feel it's risky any more.

Whoever you are thinking of can carry on taking the medication if they want to, but that alone will be leading to other deficiencies re side effects etc. Its all personal choice.

Epsom Salts can be boutght on line...I believe its the best source of the magnesium required.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Well, it certainly isn't a protocol that is dangerous to add, even if someone is on seizure meds. But it might be scary for them to start reducing the meds and trust that it will work. But if someone has breakthrough seizures while on meds guess it would be pretty self evident in a short while. I don't know anyone with seizures right now, but this of course means that someone might be coming along pretty soon! Thanks for the tip. I have stored it.:p

Adelle Davis was pretty amazing.

Jualsy

Jualsy
Original Poster
It has never failed in my experience and is harmless. The children it worked on all had stunned comments from teachers who said they had improved considerably in the class and were learning much better etc......my friend went from having three grand mal fits a day to having none at all from the first dose!....Impressive!!

Reading Adelle Davis 35 years ago changed my life....I was always ill, and since then I think I have been to the doctor twice. I deal with all health problems via vitamins, and herbal treatments. Fantastic.

just me

What is the reason for using the orange juice?? Can it be other juice or water? Also, is the 1/2 teaspoon for all weights and ages, or do you increase for more weight???

Jualsy

Jualsy
Original Poster
Any juice will do....its not the best of flavours so the juice is just to mask the taste...YUK!!
Yes, half a teaspoon worked with babes and pensioners!!!...its harnless anyway!!

b33lz3bub

I was diagnosed quite recently and have some quite alarming seizures - certainly the full tonic clonic for around 12 minutes whilst being fully aware of what's happening was a good one..... Public transport's always fun!

I have recognised the benefits of orange juice, both as a way to avoid, or at least decrease the severity of, seizures (if you're lucky enough to get warning) and to assist in the recovery process. I've not heard of the epsom salts thing, but can certainly vouch for the benefits of orange juice in my circumstances. At work I tend to keep some nearby.

I have heard on other forums that orange or apple juice can reduce the efficacy of meds, but certainly don't have that problem with mine (Lamotrigine). Not sure if this is because of the med itself, me, or if it simply doesn't affect meds.

Having spoken to a doctor (ID, not Neurology), he wasn't aware of any studies into this, although I do know that OJ is the only way to bring someone down from an acid trip if they are having difficulties (I worked on the clubbing scene for 7 years) To me, this would indicate a neurological, or at least a mood stabilising effect, which would affect both conditions.

I'm going to bring it up at my next hospital session, so will let you know if my Neuro gives me good news on this or tells me I'm talking balls.:evil:

Cookie

Lovin' life~
b33lz3bub said:
.I'm going to bring it up at my next hospital session, so will let you know if my Neuro gives me good news on this or tells me I'm talking balls.:evil:
Have you been to your next hospital session yet? I'm curious as to how your Neuro responds.....

msh

Im 36, and epileptic, have been for 6/7 years .... i was put on Keppra 750 twice a day ... for 5/6 years I was able to drink and pretty much my only fits were me missing meals/tablets. That all changed around 11 months ago when it seems Keppra is not keeping me as seizure free as before. I fit in my sleep

Recentely I asked my "Epilepsy Nurse" re Magnesium after reading about it on the net. She denied all knowledge. Then contradicted herself 10 mins later admitting she had heard reports??? Most strange!!

Ive heard that as no company can patent Magnesium and make billions selling it for x years to the NHS no company is interested in clinical trials? Who knows?

Anyway after much net reading I have purchased some Pharma Nord Magnesium tablets and have commenced my clinical trial of one (me). I keep taking the Keppra, Ill take the magnesium

Maybe again Ill be able to drink a few glasses of wine, drink a few beers on Fri without thinking of whether ill fit 1 or 2 nights later in my sleep ? We shall see ...

Neurologist said "Dont Drink" but that to me is not a cure. Its a solution, however one which leaves me with no social life ... maybe Magnesium is the answer ?

EarlyBird

Magnesium

Don't know about the other two but I know from personal experience that Magnesium
keeps me from getting leg cramps in the calves of my legs.

walker

Okay, ya'll (I'm a southern gal), I've had seizures for 21 years and have tried everything except Epsom Salts, which I find very interesting and will probably give it a try. Magnesium supplements had no effect on me. Orange, grapfruit and apple juices create seizures for some people (like me) because it blocks the absorption of certain meds and increases certain hormones like estrogen in women with catamenial seizures. EVERYONE, use caution when trying anything that your doctor doesn't know about AND anything your doctor does no about!!! :roll: Live well and be careful!!!

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I've had seizures for 21 years and have tried everything except Epsom Salts, which I find very interesting and will probably give it a try.
Hi walker, welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing that info, I'll be looking forward to hearing about your results if you do decide to try the Epsom Salts.

jfh

perpetual student
Hi walker. If you don't respond to magnesium, you may not respond to epsom salts either. Maybe a nice warm bath of Epsom Salts will be better.

I suppose you know to avoid diet drinks and foods using that neurotoxin aspartame.

You might find this study interesting too. Spanish sage.

https://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?ID=947
In many cultures, the sage family of herbs has been used traditionally for a number of neurological problems, including depression, epilepsy, and age-related memory loss. Based on this rich history of use, the UK researchers set out to explore the benefits of Spanish sage, and they asked a tantalizing question: Could young adults with normal cognitive function actually improve their memory following ingestion of this herb?
Patients participating in the trial were given one 50-µl capsule of Spanish sage oil in the morning for the first week; 2 capsules (morning and evening, 100 µl total) for the second week; and three capsules (morning, noon, and evening, 150 µl total) for the third through sixth weeks.
Dalmation sage is another sage that could be used. It is the common cooking sage.

Ghettoman

i just sent this to my father. He's had epilepsy for at least 35 years. I really pray this does the trick. it'll be nice to no longer be giving these companies all this money for nothing.

Kelly Thundercloud

Nobody wants to hear of these natural cures because the drug companies want their money! I guess money is more important than peoples health nowadays...:roll:

I'd bet that there is a cure like this for almost every disease. But if it gets discovered, nobody finds out because everyone goes to doctors and doctors don't prescribe natural remedies because they are under the control of the drug companies! What a sick corrupt healthcare society we live in! It's pretty obvious after reading all my opinionated posts...why I don't let a doctor touch me!.....and I'm not blaming the doctors one bit! I'm blaming everyone who is pressuring them. They are being controlled by this nonsense, much of the time against their wishes!

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
This is an old post. I find it interesting that none of these people have reported back saying yay or nay on the magnesium for seizures.

kaysara

I wish to try Epsom Salts as a cure for my epilepsy but to date dont see any confirmation from anyone who has tried it and been cured. Is there anyone out there who has been successful with this cure?? Please do post a confirmation to this cure.
Kaysara:(