Soul Aflame!

knightofalbion

Original Poster
As I walked out the door towards the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew that if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison
- Nelson Mandela

Firekin4

It's far from the beautiful poetry and prose that dominates this post, but this was one of my most life-affirming moments. Recently I've had what I can only describe as a spiritual awakening; I've always had an interest in the natural, spiritual, and esoteric, but it was with grief in my heart rather than faith. Since a certain moment last month that only my beloved knows details of, I still have daily struggles, but a darkness has been lifted from my soul. I now seek and find God in the most mundane. A week or so ago, I decided to give my mate a Tarot reading. Never done it before, and being far from the ancient ways I follow, I went in with a healthy amount of skeptism. All I really expected was a jumble of cards who's meaning I'd have to stretch beyond breaking to find relevance. I was wrong. There were many "aha" moments throughout the reading, for both myself and my mate, but the most interesting message by far came during the 13-card spread for the next year.

Firekin4

Now my mate was born in April. I was hoping for but still not really expecting a relevant card to turn up, and we were both getting tired and unfocused at this point. It was the Fool. At first, disregarding the meaning of the card, I'm like "Haha you got the Fool for your birth month!", but then a thought struck me. Birth month. April. Fool. Oh my God, God played and April Fool's prank on me! Or it was just a joke, as it was several days early. Either way, God has a sense of humor, and that helped cement my faith. I also couldn't stop laughing.

knightofalbion

Original Poster
You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.
What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make
- Jane Goodall

knightofalbion

Original Poster
I like to envision the world as a jigsaw puzzle. If you look at the whole picture, with all the pieces of the puzzle scattered all over the place, it is overwhelming and terrifying, but if you work on your little part of the jigsaw and know that people all over the world are working on their little bits, that's what will give you hope
- Jane Goodall