Social Media And Depression

Alex88

Recent studies show that the increasing use of social media platforms is becoming a major cause of depression and anxiety. Today's generation is highly equipped with all the electronic gadgets and they have all time access to the internet and hence they tend to spend more time on that instead of interacting and connecting with their peers in person. This creates a gap of emotional connect between them. After some time they feel isolated because they could not find any one for them with whom they could be emotionally connected with to share their feelings and hence slowly and gradually they move towards depression.

What are your thoughts about this link between increasing use of social media and depression ?

jaminhealth

It's true, all these young people think they have a LOT of friends and followers and they DO NOT. They will most likely never meet any or if they do a couple or so. IT's totally pathetic. And they spend HOURS and HOURS on the dumb games...

larryz

Exactly. All this b---sh*t pharma-controlled media virus hype to sell vaccines is about enough to make anyone jump a bridge. I gave up almost all media, tv news, cnn, fox, blah blah dumb people's opinions. I'm much happier and healthier.

Alex88

Original Poster
Exactly. All this b---sh*t pharma-controlled media virus hype to sell vaccines is about enough to make anyone jump a bridge. I gave up almost all media, tv news, cnn, fox, blah blah dumb people's opinions. I'm much happier and healthier.
That's the way to remain happy by sidelining yourself from all these so called opinion makers, what they are doing is just selling their own thing irrespective of its effects and results.

jaminhealth

I listen to coast to coast radio nightly and Noory has some really smart guests and many I can't relate to, but last night's was good in that he believes the YOUNG people of today who are the future are smart but that some of the industry ideas have gone too far...and for me it's the driverless car cwap and alexa cwap and other areas that are just too too far out. And he mentioned the addicition to the video games.

Abigail Wenderson

Recent studies show that the increasing use of social media platforms is becoming a major cause of depression and anxiety. Today's generation is highly equipped with all the electronic gadgets and they have all time access to the internet and hence they tend to spend more time on that instead of interacting and connecting with their peers in person. This creates a gap of emotional connect between them. After some time they feel isolated because they could not find any one for them with whom they could be emotionally connected with to share their feelings and hence slowly and gradually they move towards depression.

What are your thoughts about this link between increasing use of social media and depression ?
Hey Alex,

I couldn't agree more. Nowadays, people with lots of followers and friends on social media think they have lots of actual and genuine friends, but they lack an emotional connection with each other. I suggest if having lots of friends online, and if you meet them often, you can share an emotional connection with them, can stay happy, and overcome depression.

Hey Alex,

I couldn't agree more. Nowadays, people with lots of followers and friends on social media think they have lots of actual and genuine friends, but they lack an emotional connection with each other. I suggest if having lots of friends online, and if you meet them often, you can share an emotional connection with them, can stay happy, and overcome depression.
You wouldn't believe how many of those followers and friends and likes are not real, but purchased. I sell social media services, and believe me when I tell you, tons of people buy these things.

As far as the topic goes, social media is my business, it's what puts food on the table, so whether it causes depression or not, I'll never knock it :)

• Wow
Reactions: jfh

suredoctor

I couldn't agree more, social media for me has created a lot peer pressure among individuals. Most people would think this is a thing common among teens. But No!, most adult, parents and other folks are trapped in this "social media" of a thing. Though it has a lot of good sides. But the rate at which its bad sides is fast-spreading is alarming. I think a lot of people need to be tutored on the dangers of social media.