random bald spots

just me

My daughter is back overseas again, and sent me a message to see if anyone has any info for a soldier over there. Here is what she wrote me... I know, not much to go on.

I have a guy in my section who is 27 or so and has random bald spots on his head and a random pigment loss in one area of his head. Everything I have been told by him thus far its a stress related issue... However my commen sence tells me its a vitamin deficiency. He is already on B vitamins and fixin to start E. Naturally I also recoomended Omega 3 oils. But he also use to develop sores in the bald spots... But now they are just big hard bumps, so for that I recommened Castro Oil pack... Can you find out if a hormone inbalance and/or vitamin deficiency could occur during stress to cause this... When he isnt stressed he says it all grows back just fine with no problems???
So another weird problem... gee Im running good this week... But its nice to know that my family and friends will come to me and say hey can you help me find anything else.... Now granted I always come to this board first.....and you all are usually really good at helping me...thanks again

D Bergy

It very well could be stress related. One of our neighbors had this happen when going through a divorce. Later on, when the fireworks were over, all of the hair grew back.

There could be deficiencies involved also, since this is not a typical response to stress. Magnesium may help to keep the immune system working at its best, but that is just speculation.

Dan

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Well, because he says when he isn't stressed it all grows back just fine is a pretty strong indicator that stress is the issue.

He might due well to learn how to meditate and discarge that stress.

I hope they are not using Castro oil as that is for cars. Its caster oil...:D

But stress can lead to autoimmune glitches and when that happens what to do next?

I have the protocol for learning Trancendental Meditation, which has been scientifically studied and proves it reduces stress as well as increase mental acuity... there is absolutely no religious component to it. I can send it to you if you want. pm me.

Cookie

Lovin' life~
I have a guy in my section who is 27 or so and has random bald spots on his head and a random pigment loss in one area of his head. Everything I have been told by him thus far its a stress related issue... However my commen sence tells me its a vitamin deficiency. He is already on B vitamins and fixin to start E. Naturally I also recoomended Omega 3 oils. But he also use to develop sores in the bald spots... But now they are just big hard bumps, so for that I recommened Castro Oil pack... Can you find out if a hormone inbalance and/or vitamin deficiency could occur during stress to cause this... When he isnt stressed he says it all grows back just fine with no problems???

Okay, the key words I'm basing my reply on are, 'When he isnt stressed he says it all grows back just fine with no problems.'

Since he's overseas, he needs to find a sport to release some of that stress ;) even if it's just kicking around a soccer ball.

His hair grows back~ he most likely has alopecia areata which is a condition when patches of hair in a small circle or a certain area of the head enter the telogen/catagen stage at the same time. And which most often occurs due to emotional stress. When stress gets under control, the hair grows back.
Just to give you a little backround on catagen/telogen stages; during the late catagen stage of a hair's growth cycle, it is normal for some hair follicles to stop growing. This generally happens to few hairs in different sections of your head at any given time. Then, in the telogen stage, the hair falls out of these follicles.
Usually there's much more hair in the growing stage, than in the late catagen/telogen stages, so the only place you notice any loss is occasionally in your brush or comb.

Cytokines (immune system chemicals) will sometimes inhibit hair follicle growth. Or you could say autoimmune.... whereas his hair follicles are affected by his body developing antibodies which inhibit hair follicle growth.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Could be a fungal infection and scalp fungus needs oral anti fungals in many cases. If he can get 2% ketoconazol he can try that. If not he needs lamasil tablets.