Protection for babies

Firekin4

I got a new niece or nephew in the oven, and I'm not a kid person, but this one is my kin and I wanna give them a good welcome-to-life present when they're born. xD I figure my brother, his mate, and their offspring will be getting plenty of clothes and diapers, so what symbols, herbs, stones, or other natural objects/substances have been believed to protect babies throughout history? I'll make....something. :p

larryz

I got a new niece or nephew in the oven, and I'm not a kid person, but this one is my kin and I wanna give them a good welcome-to-life present when they're born. xD I figure my brother, his mate, and their offspring will be getting plenty of clothes and diapers, so what symbols, herbs, stones, or other natural objects/substances have been believed to protect babies throughout history? I'll make....something. :p
Get them a month or two of cloth diaper service. Delivered to their home. Disposable diapers for newborns are a waste and unnecessary.

Arthur Daviau

Get them a month or two of cloth diaper service. Delivered to their home. Disposable diapers for newborns are a waste and unnecessary.
Not everybody will have the time and resources to do the laundry
that come often with reusable diapers, unfortunately.

I recently read that diapers is among the most expensive things
that comes with a baby.

I remember a few years ago review from Consumer Reports
for the best disposable diapers. And the winner is...

PAMPERS CRUISERS. :)

You could at least offer them that money-saving advice? :cool:

Firekin4

Original Poster
People would have the time for a lot of things if they stop watching TV or surfing the web all day. You push buttons and turn dials to do laundry nowadays. If you don't, that means you probably don't have electrical laundry appliances, which in turn means you're either frugal or environmentally-conscious enough to appreciate that reusable cloth diapers are the better alternative.

Arthur Daviau

People would have the time for a lot of things if they stop watching TV or surfing the web all day. You push buttons and turn dials to do laundry nowadays. If you don't, that means you probably don't have electrical laundry appliances, which in turn means you're either frugal or environmentally-conscious enough to appreciate that reusable cloth diapers are the better alternative.
Again, between caring and feeding the baby, working, putting food on the table,
those things take time for laundry.

You have to think about lower-income people without washing machines, live far
the laundromat, etc... Disposables are a necessary evil. (dun dun duuuun)

d0ug

Get some product that has all the essential nutriments in it so the baby will be born without birth defects. This should have been started before the mother got pregnant but it is better late than never.
Myself like Youngevity products but anything that has all 90 nutriments would be great.

Minu

I see nothing mentioned that the OP asked for. Fabric diapers aren't protective - aside from protecting the wallet.

As it is, my family is quite old. More than a millennia of recorded familial history on dad's side and mum's side goes back to the 1400s. We have kept a number of the old traditions which do include things to protect. Those are known as talismans. PM me.