Possible Melanoma under toenail

Chella

Hi all!

I've noticed a dark spot on the side of my right toenail. I looked up what it could be and it looks pretty identical to the pictures and descriptions of melanoma. I'm not sure where to go from here. I want to treat whatever this is as naturally as possible. Should I see a dermatologist or find a holistic doctor?

Thanks in advance!

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I guess if it were me, I'd go to the doctor and get a biopsy done to make certain that it is melanoma, then consider treatment options from there.

jfh

perpetual student
I agree with kindtocreatures about seeing a mainstream doctor first. Early diagnosis is critical. I'm afraid of melanoma from experience of a young girlfriend, many years ago, that did not last long in this world. Things have changed much, but early diagnosis is the key.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Such a sensitive area to get this problem and all the best alternative treatmenst I know would require that you remove that nail to get to it.

Do see a doctor. IF it is caught early enough it can be removed and no longer be a problem. I know this from first hand experience. Do not delay.

Marilyn27

I also agree.

Go see a dermatologist soon - they can do a biopsy without removing the nail... my husband had it done on his thumb, he had a brown stripe and dr was concerned - turned out to be nothing, but at least we knew that!