Phage Therapy for chronic prostatitis - my daily journal on my experience in Tbilisi, Georgia

onepguy

Original Poster
December 7

I have great news. I emailed the head director of the George Eliava Institute yesterday, asking her if Eliava ever puts custom phages in the same bottles and boxes as commercial phages. I know I already ask the pharmacist at Eliava this question and she already gave me an answer, but I wanted to double check with the director to make sure. I figured the director of Eliava Institute would be the perfect person to ask since she's the head director of the whole Eliava Institute. She is the person that knows how everything works. Here is a screenshot of my email conversation with her.

As you see, the director told me that phage therapy center uses Eliava's diagnostic center and they get their COMMERCIAL phages from Eliava. And that Eliava prepares custom phages ONLY for Eliava's Phage Therapy Center.

This means that Phage Therapy Center can't get custom phages from Eliava since Eliava does not prepare custom phages for Phage Therapy Center, or any other therapy center for that matter. If Phage Therapy Center can't provide their patients with custom phages, then what happens if their patients' bacterial infections require custom phages? Well, now it makes total sense. This is why they gave me an COMMERCIAL phage, making me think that it's a custom phage. They lied to me and said it's a custom phage because they cannot get actual custom phages prepared for them by Eliava, so they lie and tell me it's a custom phage so that I can pay an extra $1000. And they try to make me take an antibiotic along with the "custom" phage so that the antibiotic can destroy the resistant bacteria and make me think that the "custom" phage they give me is working, when in reality it's only a commercial phage that have been giving me this whole time. The same exact thing happen to the user Mo7ame88. This also means that other patients coming into Phage Therapy Center that requires custom phages, most likely won't be getting custom phages because Phage Therapy Center can't get custom phages from Eliava. If this happened to me and Mo7amed88, it is probable that Phage Therapy Center is also lying and scamming other patients as well. So any patients that come into Phage Therapy Center that requires a custom phage for their bacteria most likely is being scammed and lied to by Phage Therapy Center.

And lastly, you can see that the director of Eliava also said at the end that Eliava NEVER puts custom phages in the same boxes as commercial phages. This means that Phage Therapy Center's claim that they put custom phages in the same bottles and boxes as commercial phages is a straight out lie. I hope this all makes sense now.

I will also be posting up a screenshot of the medical report that I received from Phage Therapy Center, where they included all the meds they gave me but they only listed commercial phages on the report, it did not say anything about custom phages. This is where they screwed up on the report.

And if you scroll through my journal entries, you can see me post a screenshot of my first lab result that shows that Phage Therapy Center told me I needed a custom preparation for my phages. This means they told me I needed custom phages, but how can they provide custom phages for me if Eliava won't make custom phages for them? :roll:

And also, I talked to a patient from Eliava and he told me that my phage routine is completely wrong. The phage routine that Phage Therapy Center told me to follow is: Drink Mineral Water, wait 10-15 mins and then drink 2 bottles of phages. Wait another 10-15 minutes and take 2 capsules of probiotics, and then wait another 30 minutes and have a meal.

I followed this routine for almost 3 weeks so my body became used to the routine. So when I decided to take the phages without the probiotics, I started feeling extremely sick. I experienced hot flashes, sleep disturbances, flu like symptoms, and generally I just felt ill. And when I took the probiotics again with the phages, I felt normal again.

I told the patient at Eliava about this and he asked the doctor that was treating him at Eliava and the doctor told him that it's my body's reaction to the phages and that it's very rare and it happens because I wasn't following the correct routine. So Phage Therapy Center gave me some bad guidelines to follow.

The patient at Eliava told me that the correct way to take phages is that I'm supposed to drink mineral water, wait 10-15 minutes, and then take the phages and then don't take anything 30 mins after taking the phages. This means no food, no water, no probiotics, no capsules, no NOTHING for 30 minutes after taking the phages to allow my body to completely absorb the phages. So I took probiotics 10-15 minutes after taking the phages which is not good and it could be the reason why I started feeling sick whenever I don't take the phages with the probiotics. Also, Phage Therapy Center told me I have to take 4 bottles of phages a day. But the patient at Eliava told me that I have to take 4 bottles of phages a day for 2-3 weeks, then after that I'm supposed to reduce to 2 bottles of phages a day. Phage Therapy Center did not say anything about reducing it to 2 bottles of phages a day, and I'm going to take Eliava's advice over Phage Therapy Center any day.

So now I have to take a break and hopefully when I start back on phages, I won't feel sick anymore and hopefully the commercial phages that I brought home works for me. I am not 100% sure it will work because on the medical report from Phage Therapy Center, it says that my bacteria requires a custom phage but I really don't know what to believe anymore, like I said, they could of changed the report. So now I don't know if the commercial phages I brought home will work or not. But if it doesn't, then I already know that my next step is to save up money to go to Eliava's therapy center.

I will be updating again on Dec 15 and I'll post a screenshot of my final medical report soon. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: By the way, in the screenshot, my name is not actually Michael. I just used a moniker and that's my burner email address. And you can double check the director of Eliava's email address on https://www.eliava-institute.org/ That is the official George Eliava Institute's website and that's where I got the director's email address from.

onepguy

Original Poster
December 11

I'm not doing good right now. Ever since I came back from Tbilisi, something hasn't been right. My body doesn't feel the same anymore. I noticed ever since I got back, my left foot became numb and is still numb. My other foot is fine. I'm not sure why this is happening. I tried pinching the skin on my left foot and I had to pinch really hard to actually feel something. I did the same for my right foot with the same amount of pressure and I felt pain. I don't know why I'm having this symptom. And lately, I been feeling fatigue and tired all the time and not having energy to do anything. I also notice the skin on both of my knuckles is very dry. It's so dry to the point that it is peeling. I'm not sure if this could be due to the cold weather since it's winter but the skin on my knuckles never been so dry to the point that it is peeling even if it's winter. This is the first winter that I notice this happening to my knuckles. Also when I shower with warm water, when the water splashes on my knuckles, it actually hurts a lot. Feels like the skin is inflamed. The skin around my knuckles is so dry and the dryness is creeping up to the lower parts of my fingers.

And a few days ago, I ate at this restaurant that served steak. The steak was really rare, the outside of the steak looked fine but when I bit it, the inside was really red. I didn't notice this until I was almost done with the steak. Two days after eating the rare steak, I started experiencing some nausea and my stomach felt a little upset. And then I started feeling a little sick, my body was heating up and I felt as though I was about to catch a cold or something. And then I started having really frequent urination. I know I already have frequent urination due to prostatitis, but this symptom got really worse after I ate the steak. I was probably urinating every 15-20 minutes or so, and each time only a little bit of urine would come out. It reminded me of the first time I got prostatitis. And then just today I started experiencing a headache for most of the day. All of these symptoms happened after eating that steak.

I've eaten steak that was rare before and one time I even ate steak that was not cooked properly yet I only experienced a minor stomach ache and diarrhea. I didn't experience any symptoms mentioned above before. But this time was different, I didn't experience any diarrhea but instead, I had trouble emptying my bowels. It was as if I was constipated after I ate that bloody steak.

Right now I can't help but be concerned that all these symptoms that are showing up, the numbness on the left foot, the abnormally dry skin on my knuckles, feeling tired all the time, and then there's the nausea, stomach upset, body heating up, constipation, and feeling like catching a cold after eating that uncooked steak...I can't help but think that these symptoms are showing up because my immune system is messed up from all the treatments that the phage therapy center gave me while I was there.

Remember I said that they were giving me all those extra treatments to try and boost my immune system? I can't help but think that maybe those treatments did some damage to my immune system or my body which is why I'm having these new side effects. I know it isn't the phages that are causing this because phages have no known side effects. For example, the rare steak that I ate, if there were bacteria on there then my body's immune system would of attacked those bacteria as it enters my body yet I still feel sick and had all these symptoms and it's been a few days now. Back then when I ate meat that was red inside, if I did get sick, I would of gotten over it in a day or so. And I wouldn't experience symptoms like body heating up or nausea or just feeling ill in general. Sometimes I wouldn't even get sick.

I remember when I was getting treatment at Phage Therapy Center, they were giving me autohemotherapy injections to boost my immune system. I was on these injections for two days, as I recall from my journal. The first day they took my blood and mixed my blood with an anticoagulant and then reinjected the blood mixed with anticoagulant back into my muscles in order to boost up my immune and stimulate the production of antibodies. I do not know how safe this injection is or if it has any lasting side effects. But these injections could be the reason why I'm having all these side effects now. And I remember my symptoms got worse and I just felt really off after receiving those injections. The second day of the autohemotherapy injection, instead of using an anticoagulant to mix with my blood, they mixed the antibiotic called Ceftriaxone with my blood. After this, I experienced sleep disturbances and felt itchy and hot all over my body at night. Now that I think about it, it was pretty dumb of me to agree to do this type of treatment without doing research about it first. I've heard about ozone injections before and it's pretty much the same concept except for ozone injections, they take your blood and mix it with ozone and reinject it back into you. But instead of using ozone, phage therapy center used an anticoagulant and an antibiotic to mix it with my blood and I really do not know if that is safe or not. I was the only patient that received these autohemotherapy injections, the other 4 patients did not receive these injections.

I'm a bit concerned right now and I'm starting to question all the treatments that they were giving me that is not phage therapy. I'm thinking if it's not the autohemotherapy injections that are giving me these new side effects, then what if it's the "vitamin" IV drip? Or the cleanser drip? Or maybe the probiotics mixed with the phages? All those extra treatments did not help me at all and maybe all of those treatments contributed to the new side effects that I'm having now...

And I'm also starting to think that since they are capable of scamming me and lying, what if they are giving me all these treatments in order to make my immune system and body weaker? So that when I go home, I would get new infections since my immune system is weaker, just so I would be a returning customer...

I really hope this is just me overthinking and I really hope I'm wrong about all of this because in this situation, it's better to be wrong than right. But it makes a lot of sense. When I was there, there were only a small number of patients. It was me, irish guy, indian guy, this american woman and this other guy. There were only 5 patients. And when I first got there, I was the only patient. This makes me think that Phage Therapy Center doesn't get a lot of patients. And all the patients were foreign, like I said before, there were no local patients. So they definitely don't have a lot of customers. If they don't have a lot of customers to begin with, then that means if their customers somehow someway get cured (which I highly doubt, because Phage Therapy Center are just a bunch of scammers), this means that they would lose money since the customers that got cured won't be returning.

But what if Phage Therapy Center knows that they can't cure their patients, so instead of focusing on helping patients get better, what if their aim is to treat the symptoms of their patients temporarily (like how they did with me, with my ups and downs in symptoms during my treatment there) but give their patients all these other treatments to make their immune system weaker, so that when they go home, they would get new infections and come back for a second round of treatment? Which means more money for Phage Therapy Center. I mean, it makes sense. Those patients that acquire new infections would come back to Phage Therapy Center for a second round because they would think that the treatment was helping them the first time they came, when in fact it was just helping them with the symptoms temporarily like how my symptoms improved temporarily when i was there.

The reason I think this is because I feel like my immune system is actually weaker, like when I ate that rare steak I felt sick as if new bacteria got into my body and my body wasn't able to fight it off like how it normally would, which is maybe why I started having all those symptoms. I never had a problem with eating rare steak before until after receiving treatment from phage therapy center. And another reason why I think this may be true is because I remember phage therapy center telling me that after I finish treatment at their center, when I return home, they told me I might have new infections that need to get treated. At first I thought that was really odd. Why would they tell me I'm going to get new infections after I receive treatment from them? I thought that the treatment was suppose to cure me or help me get better. Why would they tell me that I would most likely get new infections when I go home after receiving treatment from them, after they give me their immune therapy treatment? Shouldn't I NOT get new infections since their treatment is aimed at making my immune system stronger, not weaker? I think this was another red flag. They also told me that it's better for me to come to their facility to get treated for my first treatment so that they can treat my body "holistically" and "boost" my immune system up.

A good analogy for this is like bringing your car to a evil greedy mechanic. You let him fix your car. He replaces the broken parts with parts that work temporarily, but will break in a few months. He then charges you a ton of money for the labor. And then in few months, the part that he gave you breaks down and you come back and pay for his expensive service again. If the mechanic fixes your car completely, he knows you're not going to be coming back for a long time.

I've contacted the user Mo7amme88 and he told me he did not receive autohemotherapy injections. No one did, except me. But all the other things like the probiotics, enzymes, vitamin drip, cleanser drip, he received all of those, just not the autohemotherapy injections. He hasn't mentioned anything to me about side effects so I'm assuming he's not experiencing any adverse effects. If me and him got the same treatment, and he's not experiencing any side effects but I am, then the only difference between mine and his treatment is the autohemotherapy injections.

I'm aware that there is nothing I can do now, what's happened has already happened. The only thing left to do is to make an appoint with my doctor and tell him all about this and see what he thinks. I'm going to try and see if he can run some tests to see if my immune system is weaker. And I know I said I was going to start on the phages on December 15 and report the results, but I'm going to hold off on that until I find out if my immune system is actually compromised or not. I just don't think it's smart to start on the phages for now because if the phages does really kill my bacteria and start improving my symptoms this time, if my immune system is weak, even if the phages eradicate all the bacteria, my body would still be susceptible to new infections and I would just end up with new bacteria since my immune system is compromised and then I would have used up all the phages. So i think it's better to wait and see if my immune system is actually damaged or not. If it is, I would have to see if I can get my immune system back to normal again and then after that I will start on the phages again. Hopefully everyhing is fine and that all these new side effects are just temporary. I don't even know what to do or what to think if these new side effects become chronic.

Ever since I got back I actually been feeling a bit depressed too. Not sure if it's because of wasting my money and getting scammed or wasting my money and jeopardizing my health, or maybe it could be a side effect from the treatment? I don't know. Maybe from the stress of this whole experience. I'm actually very exhausted, mentally and physically. After discovering about phages, I thought I was going to win this battle finally. But this battle has become a lot more complicated than I expected and I'm not so sure if I will ever reach a point of being cured anymore. It just seems so far away now. I just feel like giving up to be completely honest.

Anyways, I'll wait and go to the doctor and will post updates. Again, thanks for reading.

onepguy

Original Poster
December 16
Hello all, I've thought about it and I think it's best if I don't post anymore information or pictures or anything that could hurt me because if Phage Therapy Center has been following my journal, which I am sure they are, because I posted a link to this journal on another forum that I believe the CEO of Phage Therapy Center is following. If they are reading my journal and they want to sue me, they could use information that I post on here against me. But in order to sue me for defamation, they would have to prove that everything I said on the journal is false. That means if they take me to court, in my defense, I would have to prove that everything I said on this journal is true, and it is true, but it's kind of hard to prove that in court, I just realized that now.

It's hard to prove this in court because it's basically my word vs their word. My claim is that they scammed me and told me they were giving me custom phages when they were actually giving me commercial phages this whole time. Phage Therapy Center can easily say that they never told me the phages they gave me were custom. They could easily tell the court that the phages I got from them is commercial and that they had made sure I knew it was commercial.

This means if they were to take me to court, the only way I could prove to the court that everything I said in this journal is true is by getting other patients at Phage Therapy Center to vouch for me, since I'm sure it happened to other patients too. But the problem is that those patients are all from different countries....will they fly from their country to the U.S. just to be my witness and vouch for me? Will they pay money to buy the plane ticket and make time, just to vouch for me? So it's a little hard to prove my claim in court. But if I do get those patients to fly to the U.S. to vouch for me, then I could easily show the court my email conversation with the director of Eliava Institute to confirm that they don't put custom phages in the same box and bottles as commercial phages and that Phage Therapy Center can't provide custom phages made from Eliava since Eliava doesn't make custom phages for any other center besides Eliava.

I could show the court the screenshot of my first lab result where Phage Therapy Center commented on the bottom that my E coli requires a custom phage preparation. You can find this screenshot on the December 1 journal entry. I could use the screenshot and tell the court that if Phage Therapy Center really claimed to give me commercial phages, why did they comment on the bottom and say that my e coli requires a custom phage? This could prove that they were suppose to give me a custom phage, based on the comment on the report. This evidence is a pretty good indication that they were suppose to give me a custom phage, but it doesn't really prove that they lied and told me they were giving me a custom phage when they were really giving me commercial phages, it only proves that they were suppose to give me a custom phage, so I'm not sure if that evidence would convince the court since Phage Therapy Center can say that even though the report says I required a custom phage and they were suppose to give me a custom phage, they could say in their defense that they ran out of custom phages so they gave me commercial phages instead to see if it actually works for my bacteria, combined with the other treatments (antibiotics and injections) and made sure I knew I was getting commercial phages. I hope all of this makes sense. It's very complicated.

So the only way to prove beyond doubt that my claim is true, we would need another patient to vouch for me, a patient that got scammed as well.

So basically, since it's hard to prove my claim in court without a third party (another patient) vouching for me, that means I might lose the case if Phage Therapy Center were to sue me, even if I show the court my email conversation with the director of Eliava Institute and even if i showed them a screenshot of my first lab result which shows that my bacteria required a custom phage. So I think it's best that I remain anonymous as possible for now and not give out any information. I'm also trying to get in contact with the user Mo7ame88 again since he's the only patient I am in contact with that believes that he got scammed too. I been trying to get him to write about his experience and about the scam and he told me he will yet he hasn't done it...not sure if he's busy or he changed his mind for some reason.

And I'm aware that if Phage Therapy Center is actually following my journal, writing all of this information out would not be beneficial for me at all. But I just wanted to give you a good reason why I didn't post some more information that could help me prove to you guys that Phage Therapy Center scammed me. I want you guys, whoever is reading this, to believe me. Which is why I'm saying all of this even though it's not beneficial for me. I've tried to reach out to one other patient at Phage Therapy Center about the scam but he didn't want to listen. One of the worst feelings is when you know you're 100% right about something and you try to warn others yet people don't want to listen to what you have to say. It's really frustrating.

I'm aware that I could be over thinking this too, but to me, it doesn't seem unreasonable that Phage Therapy Center would want to try to sue me. I am making a claim about their business on a public forum which could definitely hurt their business, and it's hard to prove my claim in court without getting another patient who got scammed as well, to vouch for me, and those other patients live in different countries. It will be really complicated if this were to take to court. This is why I'm trying to stay on the safe side. So sorry if I can't post anymore information, but all the information I posted already should be enough to help you make a decision and get a GOOD picture of Phage Therapy Center.

And if they are actually following my journal, then I think they would try to change some things on their website to make what I say on the journal seem false or to ruin my credibility, like for instance where they get their phages from, or posting information on their website about other places that also produce phages and not just Eliava. Even though that's true, the fact is that Phage Therapy Center gets their COMMERCIAL phages from George Eliava Institute, my email conversation with the director of Eliava can confirm this. Phage Therapy Center can't get custom phages from Eliava, only commercial and the phage boxes that I received from Phage Therapy Center are the same commercial intesti Boxes that you can find in the Eliava Pharmacy, and it says on the bottom of the phage box "preparations developed by George Eliava Institute" hence Phage Therapy Center gets their commercial phages from Eliava!

As long as people read the information I already posted on here, people can be at least cautious about Phage Therapy Center, since it's hard for me to actually PROVE to the people on a forum that Phage Therapy Center lied and scammed me for the same reasons that it's hard for me to prove to the court that Phage Therapy Center lied and scammed me. You would have to be a patient at phage therapy center and got lied to, like me, for me to actually prove to you that they are scammers. That is how I was able to prove to Mo7amme88 that they are scammers, since it happened to him too.

And like I said, if you want to get phage therapy in Georgia, it's either Phage Therapy Center or Eliava Phage Therapy. All you have to do is visit both of those centers and check out the facilities and compare them with each other to know which one seems more legit. I already posted the screenshots of how the inside and outside of Phage Therapy Center looks. Also, when you visit Phage Therapy Center to check out their facility, see how many patients they have and how many local patients they have, compared to Eliava Phage Therapy and you'll know right away. There were no local patients when I was at Phage Therapy Center. And barely any patients. That right there is a big red flag, like I mentioned before. And remember, The people at Eliava said you need to be on phages for at least 3 months to have a good shot at being cured. This is why Eliava sends you home with a 3 month supply of phages. You can double check this information yourself. Phage Therapy Center only gives you a 10 day supply to take home, which is definitely not enough.

And now for an update on my current condition.

I'm still feeling pretty sick. I been feeling nauseous on and off lately, with some new symptoms such as brain fog. I'm still feeling tired all the time ever since I got back. I barely have any motivation to do anything since I feel tired all the time. I been having some excessive gas problems as well. The numbness on my left foot got a little bit better. But the dry skin on my knuckles is still bad. Still a bit depressed and been feeling more anxiety. I'm still worried that maybe the immune therapy treatments I received from phage therapy center messed me up. My body still feels off. I been feeling like I got a cold or something, my body and muscle aches. My body just feels weak in general. I told my doctor about all of the symptoms and he referred me to see an immunologist. I'm probably going to see the immunologist next week and hopefully we can run some tests. I will update on my condition after I see the doctor. Hopefully it's not something too serious..

onepguy

Original Poster
December 26

Sorry it took so long for an update. I had to wait a week to be able to reserve an appointment to see the immunologist. I just came back from my visit today and I have some bad news. I told the immunologist what I went through and I told him the symptoms I was having. The numbness on my left foot is almost completely gone now and the only symptom that I have is the abnormal dryness on my knuckles and some stomach and brain fog issues (I'll talk about the stomach and brain fog later) He took a look at my hands and right away he told me that it was eczema. He told me that eczema is an indication that there is something going on with my immune system. He asked me how long did I notice this symptom for and I told him I notice it ever since I got back from Georgia which was ever since December 4. I told him about eating the rare steak and feeling like my body wasn't able to fight off the bacteria that could of been on that steak as well as before. I asked him is there any tests that he could run to test how well my immune system fights off bacteria? He told I could do an immunoglobin test, which is a blood test.

I'm fairly certain that the eczema was because of all those extra injections for my immune system that Phage Therapy Center gave me. When I told my doctor about the autohemotherapy injection, I explained to him how they took my blood and mixed it with an anticoagulant on the first day and reinjected it back into my muscles and then the second day they mixed my blood with an antibiotic and did the same thing. And then I told him about the camilyn m1 immunomodulator injections. He asked me why would they do something like that? He told me those injections is quackery, unproven and that it's possibly unsafe and told me I should be careful with those kinds of places next time. The reason I'm certain this eczema was caused by the injections is because it's related to the immune system. It's a symptom that indicates something is going on with my immune system, and I got this symptom RIGHT AFTER i received treatment at phage therapy center. The doctor asked me if any of my family members have a history of eczema and I told them there is no one in my family, that I know of, that has it. The good thing is that the eczema is only localized to my knuckles, I don't have it anywhere else on my body. However, the doctor told me the eczema could become a chronic condition. I really regret going to this place. They are a bunch of liars, scammers, and they just want $$$$ and I feel so stupid for falling for their trick. THANK GOD I went with my gut and decided to get off those injections after two days. Phage Therapy Center wanted me to continue the injections for 10 days total! I can only imagine the side effects would be worse if I decided to continue with the injections for 10 days. I was really close to agreeing to do those injections for 10 days..this is a big lesson learned, always trust your gut and don't be blinded by desperation anymore. I'm even considering suing them if I find that the side effects persist. I should of steered clear from this place the moment I saw the red flags.

I just hope that nothing else is wrong with my body and that my immune system is working normal and able to fight off bacteria normally. I really hope nothing is messed up permanently and hopefully the eczema goes away for good and doesn't come back. I'm really fed up with dealing with these health problems after health problems. One problem after another. It's really exhausting. I will update whenever I get the results for the immunglobin blood test. Anyways, happy holidays and happy new years everybody.

Last edited:

onepguy

Original Poster
December 26 Continued

Wow, I just did a quick search on eczema right now and how it relates to the immune system. I just found out that it could be an auto immune diseas, which means that my immune system is attacking my own body (in this case, the skin on my knuckles). My immune system is mistaking my skin tissue as a pathogens. It's either an autoimmune disease or it could be an immune deficiency from what I just read online. Either way, I wonder why the immunologist didn't mention anything about this? He just told me that eczema means that there is something going on with my immune system but he didn't say specifically that it's an auto immune disease and he didn't explain to me that it's my immune system attacking my own body. I think maybe he saw how worried I was when I was telling him my symptoms that maybe he didn't want to scare me by saying it's an auto immune disease. Or it could be that he doesn't know exactly if it's an autoimmune disease or if it's an immune defiency. But still, I felt like he could of explained the possible scenarios more thoroughly. Now i'm starting to be more and more certain that the autohemotherapy injections and camilyn immunomodulator injections I received from Phage Therapy Center is the main reason I developed eczema. Before I was 80% sure it was the injections that is the cause, but now after learning that eczema could be an auto immune disease or an immune defiency, I'm 95% sure it's because of the injections I received.

Why am I more sure now? Because Phage Therapy Center told me the autohemotherapy injections and the camilyn injections is suppose to boost my immune system up so that it can fight the bacteria better, which means those injections does something to my immune system. It changes something to my immune system. What if those injections did something to my immune system where it makes my immune system overactive and then as a result my immune system ends up attacking my own body tissues? And then eczema develops. Or it could possibly be that the injections did something to my immune system which made it weaker and more deficient. Either way,It makes complete sense. This cannot be a coincidence. There's no way in hell this is a coincidence. I never even had eczema my whole entire life. This is my first time ever having this disease. None of my family has it. And the fact that I developed eczema RIGHT after receiving treatment from phage therapy center. The fact that eczema is an auto immune disease or immune deficiency disease and the symptom is related to the immune system...and the fact that I received injections for my immune system at Phage Therapy Center...it doesn't take a ****ing rocket scientist to put the pieces together and conclude that this is caused by those damn injections. I regret this so damn much. I really don't know to think anymore.

It's possible it could also be the bad guidelines that phage therapy center told me to follow where they said I have to take the 2 different capsules of probiotics 15 mins after taking the phages. The patient at Eliava told me that Eliava HIGHLY recommends to not take anything 30 minutes after taking the phages. If i take something within the 30 minutes after taking the phages, it could affect the absorption of the phages and side effects could occur. The patient told me this information because I asked him to ask the doctor at Eliava about how I should take the phages and whether or not I'm taking it correctly. I find it unusual that Phage Therapy Center was persistent on telling me to take the probiotics 15 minutes after taking the phages. I think my gut flora is messed up as well after combining the probiotics with the phages because I've been having some stomach issues like consistent excessive gas, brain fog, and my appetite hasn't been good ever since I got back from Georgia. If my gut flora is messed up, it could also affect my immune system from what I heard, but I'm not too sure if that's true. I'd have to run tests on my gut flora to see if it's working well but I don't think it is because I ate yogurt a few days ago and I felt a LOT better. The brain fog went away and appetite improved and the excessive gas reduced a lot. This is all too much to bear. I was thinking I was going to be cured from prostatitis but now I end up having more health issues than before. This really sucks. I hope Phage Therapy Center gets shut down some day. Hopefully other people aren't as unfortunate as me. Like I said before, I was the only one that received the autohemotherapy injections at phage therapy center. Good thing no one else received it and good thing I went with my gut and decided to get off of the injections after two days.That place is a nightmare.

onepguy

Original Poster
December 27

I just checked the website called tinypic.com because I was going to use that website to upload a picture on a different forum that I'm visiting. Tinypic.com is what I used to upload screenshots to this journal. When I tried going on tinypic, I just found out that the website is down right now and not responding, so I went back to this journal to check if my screenshots have been affected and I found out that all of the screenshots that I posted on this journal are gone too, since tinypic.com is down. Probably a coincidence, since websites sometimes go down but luckily I saved all of my screenshots and pictures and will be uploading all of them back to my journal soon.

onepguy

Original Poster
December 27 continued
The tinypic.com website is back up again. Screenshots on this journal should be available again.

onepguy

Original Poster
December 27 continued

Hey all, just wanted to update. I still haven't taken the immunoglobin blood test to see how well my immune system is able to fight off bacteria. I will try and get it done tommorrow if possible. And I am going to buy the cream that my doctor prescribed for the eczema tomorrow and will let you know if it helps. For some of you who don't know what I'm talking about, please refer to my journal entries on December 26 and December 26 continued, which is on the 2nd page of this journal. Those entries talked about how eczema is an immune system disorder, diagnosed by my local immunologist doctor, which I developed shortly after receiving the autohemotherapy injections and camilyn injections from phage therapy center which was suppose to "boost" my immune system. Those injections they gave me are dangerous, so if you didn't get a chance to or if you somehow missed it, please read the entries on December 26 and December 26 continued, and you'll get a better idea of how and why I developed eczema and what kind of disease eczema is. I just want to make sure that everyone gets to read those entries because I wouldn't want anyone to miss any important details about this clinic, since those entries are on the 2nd page and not the last page, some people tend to miss those entries by skipping directly to the last page of this journal to read the most recent entry. I also talked about the other side effects I experienced such as brain fog and stomach issues on those entries. I know I'm being a little bit too careful about making sure everyone reads about this, but if it could help people not make the same mistake I did, then I'd definitely try my best to make sure that everyone gets to read this information. And I'm pretty sure most people already read my entries on December 26 and December 26 continued since I just posted about it yesterday, but like I said I just wanted to be more careful and make sure no one missed it which is why i'm referring to those entries again on this entry. I don't want this happening to anyone else. Phage therapy center really should get shut down and I hope that they do so no one else gets scammed and harmed by their treatments.I really hope the eczema goes away and not become chronic and I'm really hoping that the immunoglobin test will turn out fine. I'm a little nervous about the results. Just wish someone invented a time machine so that I could go back and undo all this...

Mo7amed88

Hey guys ,
I went to the phage therapy center two times for the treatment . I came back the second time because i felt so much better after the first treatment.
But heres what happen, this center provide commercial phages ( the cheap phages which are available in eliava pharmaciy ) and charge me for custom phages ( which costs1000 dollar) . I went to the eliava pharamacy and find out the scam .
So, bacertiophages does work if they were able to identify the bacteria u have .
The phage therapy center is a big no . But the treatment is a big yes .

phager83

Hi onepguy,
I must say your finding are pretty much in line with what I observed. Here is my story:
1) I sent my samples to phagetherapycenter from US around Jan 2017. They told me my Staph infection did not match with standard phages (obviously because thats how they can mint more money from me) and asked for $3000 to prepare custom phages. I agreed and after 6 weeks of just sitting on it or whatever they said my phages are ready. I asked them to ship and they shipped them to me, unfortunately, US Customs seized the phages and released them to me after 6 months. I consumed the phages but nothing changed. I thought maybe in 6 months of detention the phages were maybe kept in hot conditions etc so they were dead or so. Hence, I decided to visit Tbilisi myself in December 2017.
2) This small center at first sight drew some suspicions. They also mentioned that my Staph Epidermidis is very resistant and here they do holistic treatment so it looked promising in the beginning. They took urine, stool and blood sample along with 10 days of IV infusion. Zemphira wanted me to have the autohemotherapy with coagulation with anti-biotics citing many advantages of this approach. Dr. Tengiz wanted me to get camelyn injections as well and provided me suppositories as well. I was not convinced and opted against each of these, thank God, and told them that for me IV infusion was enough and the reason I came all the way to Tbilisi was for phages and nothing else.
3) They told me they will charge me 2500 (a discount of 500) to give me my custom phages but those phages were again standard phages. INTESTI and PYO and I was like you are giving me standard phages and charging me custom prices ??? They said we update our commercial phages every 3-6 months and we have included your custom phages into these commercial ones. I was also sent home with 12 day supply (alongwith probiotics, enzymes and vitamin supplements) as you and it did not convince me at that time. I have seen no difference infact my boils and lesions have increased in number. They said to me its a good sign that the bug is trying to leave your system and I might see few more such boils but they keep coming and this logic is not satisfactory.

My red flags were:
1) Before they shipped me phages in March 2017, I had asked them if they would be able to re-create my phages for free (if for some reason I was unable to receive the shipped phages) to which they replied yes. However, when my phages were seized and I asked the same question, they said they will need my bacterial samples again and the same cost to recreate custom phages. I kept quiet at that time as I had decided to pursue seized phages from US Customs and was also successful later but the way phagetherapycenter changed their words had my eyebrows raised.
2) Standard commercial phages they buy from Elavia and sell to us saying its custom phages for you. Wow, what a true SCAM. I have lost around 10-11K USD on this treatment including airtickets, hotel stay and phage costs but its all a SCAM in the end. I am trying to pursue a natural approach like bone broth, organic yogurt, sauerkraut etc. If this does not work and fix my boils, I might goto Tbilisi again but this time I l work with Elavia institute directly.

Are you based in US too ?

onepguy

Original Poster
Hi onepguy,
I must say your finding are pretty much in line with what I observed. Here is my story:
1) I sent my samples to phagetherapycenter from US around Jan 2017. They told me my Staph infection did not match with standard phages (obviously because thats how they can mint more money from me) and asked for $3000 to prepare custom phages. I agreed and after 6 weeks of just sitting on it or whatever they said my phages are ready. I asked them to ship and they shipped them to me, unfortunately, US Customs seized the phages and released them to me after 6 months. I consumed the phages but nothing changed. I thought maybe in 6 months of detention the phages were maybe kept in hot conditions etc so they were dead or so. Hence, I decided to visit Tbilisi myself in December 2017.
2) This small center at first sight drew some suspicions. They also mentioned that my Staph Epidermidis is very resistant and here they do holistic treatment so it looked promising in the beginning. They took urine, stool and blood sample along with 10 days of IV infusion. Zemphira wanted me to have the autohemotherapy with coagulation with anti-biotics citing many advantages of this approach. Dr. Tengiz wanted me to get camelyn injections as well and provided me suppositories as well. I was not convinced and opted against each of these, thank God, and told them that for me IV infusion was enough and the reason I came all the way to Tbilisi was for phages and nothing else.
3) They told me they will charge me 2500 (a discount of 500) to give me my custom phages but those phages were again standard phages. INTESTI and PYO and I was like you are giving me standard phages and charging me custom prices ??? They said we update our commercial phages every 3-6 months and we have included your custom phages into these commercial ones. I was also sent home with 12 day supply (alongwith probiotics, enzymes and vitamin supplements) as you and it did not convince me at that time. I have seen no difference infact my boils and lesions have increased in number. They said to me its a good sign that the bug is trying to leave your system and I might see few more such boils but they keep coming and this logic is not satisfactory.

My red flags were:
1) Before they shipped me phages in March 2017, I had asked them if they would be able to re-create my phages for free (if for some reason I was unable to receive the shipped phages) to which they replied yes. However, when my phages were seized and I asked the same question, they said they will need my bacterial samples again and the same cost to recreate custom phages. I kept quiet at that time as I had decided to pursue seized phages from US Customs and was also successful later but the way phagetherapycenter changed their words had my eyebrows raised.
2) Standard commercial phages they buy from Elavia and sell to us saying its custom phages for you. Wow, what a true SCAM. I have lost around 10-11K USD on this treatment including airtickets, hotel stay and phage costs but its all a SCAM in the end. I am trying to pursue a natural approach like bone broth, organic yogurt, sauerkraut etc. If this does not work and fix my boils, I might goto Tbilisi again but this time I l work with Elavia institute directly.

Hello phager83,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been scammed too, it's a crappy feeling isn't it? However I'm glad you decided to write your story on here. You stated that you confronted phage therapy center about charging you for the price of custom phages when they were only giving you commercial phages, and phage therapy center replied by saying "we update our commercial phages every 3-6 months and we have included your custom phages into these commercial ones."

So basically phage therapy center is trying to say that they put your custom phages in the same bottles as commercial phages and that they update their commercial phages every 3-6 months to include custom phages into the commercial phages. Again, this is just another one of their lies. I'll explain why. Just to make this clear, we already established that phage therapy center gets their phages from Eliava Institute, and that they are only able to get commercial phages from Eliava and not custom phages. The screenshot from my email conversation with the director of Eliava Institute can confirm this (refer to December 7 entry).

I'm glad you brought this up, because I seem to have missed a big important detail here. So we know that phage therapy center gets their phages from Eliava Institute and they can only get commercial phages from Eliava, they are NOT able to get custom phages from Eliava so keep this in mind.

Also, we know that Eliava Institute produces custom phages only for Eliava Phage Therapy and an important detail that I forgot to mention and talk about is that the Eliava Institute has a process where when they make custom phages for a particular patient, the Eliava Institute can try to "adopt" that custom phage so that other people can use it, meaning the Eliava Institute creates that particular custom phage in bulk, add it to their phage collection so that particular custom phage becomes available for other people to use in case other people have the same bacteria that responds to that particular custom phage. This is called an adopted phage.Adopted phages are still custom phages! therefore adopted phages will not be in the same bottles and boxes as commercial phages. Again, you can double check this information with the director of the Eliava Institute.

So to make this more clear, I'll give you an example, let's imagine a fake scenario where I go to Eliava Institute and they took my semen sample and found the Strep bacteria in my semen. They tell me I need a custom phage developed for my strep bacteria and they develop a custom phage for my strep. After Eliava develops the custom phage for my strep bacteria, if Eliava Institute sees that many other people also have the strep bacteria, Eliava Institute can then test the custom phage they developed for me to see if it works for other people's strep bacteria. If my custom phage works for other people's strep bacteria, then Eliava will "adopt" the custom phage that they made for me, and add it to their phage collection so that they can give it to other people who also have the same strep bacteria as me. Eliava calls this an adopted phage, and adopted phages are still custom phages which means adopted/custom phages are NEVER EVER put in the same bottles and boxes as commercial phages You can email the director of the George Eliava Institute and ask her this to confirm. I totally forgot to talk about adopted phages in my email conversation with her and I should of talked about it because I feel like it's really important to know about adopted phages.

So when phage therapy center told you "we update our commercial phages every 3-6 months and we have included your custom phages into these commercial ones.", they are trying to mix some truth in with their lie. Phage Therapy Center is trying to make it sound like they are adopting your custom phages into the commercial phages, but this is 100% a lie, because Eliava Institute never adds custom phages or adopted phages into the 6 commercial phages that they have. Like stated above, if Eliava Institute chooses to adopt your particular custom phage so that other people with the same bacteria can use it, Eliava Institute will NOT put it in a commercial phage, but instead they will call it an adopted phage. Adopted phages are basically custom phages so they will not be in the same bottles, boxes, or labels as commercial phages. Eliava Institute does not put adopted phages in the same bottles, boxes, or labels as commercial phages. Again, you and anyone reading this can confirm this by emailing the director of Eliava Institute and asking her about adopted phages and whether or not Eliava puts adopted phages in the same bottle, boxes, and labels as commercial phages. I guarantee she will say Eliava Institute will never put custom phages or adopted phages in the same bottles as commercial phages.

Anyways, I'm really glad you chose not to do the autohemotherapy injections and the camilyn injections. You dodged a bullet on that one! You said you went to Tbilisi in December, which day did you first come in phage therapy center? I left Tbilisi on Dec 2 or 3 if I remember correctly. And yes I'm from the US

phager83

Thanks for the detailed response. I did email “[email protected]” about my experience citing this thread. I understand the part about commercial phages, however, that begs another question to Elavia, what is really commercial phage good for if it has not been updated since a long time ? I even feel its detrimental to patients who have chronic infections like I have staph epidermidis boils / lesions that occur on my face. When I first applied PYO-PHAGES on my face, I got more small boils / lesions with white head / pus to which Nina (Nurse) / Nato (receptionist) mentioned that its a good sign that the bacteria is leaving your system. I bought that answer but now when I am back in US and applying phages again (2nd round) the boils are surfacing again which means the PYO is actually doing something bad. Not sure maybe if the bacteria is RESISTANT to phages it will cause it to become more aggressive etc ? This is a question for Elavia as we shouldnt expect any honest answer from phagetherapycenter anymore. WHAT REALLY STANDARD COMMERCIAL PHAGES FIX ?? so now we have 3 types of phages, COMMERCIAL, ADOPTED and CUSTOM that Elavia produces. If they incorporate new phages into ADOPTED phages should’nt those adopted phages be in the market too for public to buy too as they are different from custom ones ?

Yes, thank God I avoided the dangerous therapy as the way she told me “it will SHAKE MY IMMUNE SYSTEM a bit” looked very suspicious and dangerous and I could not sleep well that night and after a deep thought decided the next day I wont go ahead with it. Dr. Tengiz also tried to sell me the camylin injection which I denied too as I told them I came all the way to Tbilisi because I believed in phages and not anything else (no anti-biotic or other injections etc).

I came on Dec 17th and left January 1st 2018 so our paths didnt cross. I saw one German couple, one lady from US, an 18 year old with MRSA from Malaysia accompanied by his father and all of them I have forwarded your blog because your experience seems very familiar to ours and the changing statements of the doctors were confusing along with language barrier (maybe they even deliberately not understand what we were trying to ask). You were right about no local Georgian citizen in that center too. We all have been DUPED big time !!

Well, seems my elders have been right the whole time saying son, wherever you go any part of the world, the doctors are brutal butchers and even if they have good intentions they will treat you like a lab rat where they will try to kill a small bird with a cannon-ball causing a plethora of other issues to surface out from your body.

There should be a way to stop phagetherapycenter. I believe laws in Georgia arent very strict about copyrights etc otherwise Elavia should have been pissed about their name being damaged alongwith lost revenue to them that goes to phagetherapycenter. I believe we should talk sometime on phone if you are OK with it , I am based in California btw.

onepguy

Original Poster
Thanks for the detailed response. I did email “[email protected]” about my experience citing this thread. I understand the part about commercial phages, however, that begs another question to Elavia, what is really commercial phage good for if it has not been updated since a long time ? I even feel its detrimental to patients who have chronic infections like I have staph epidermidis boils / lesions that occur on my face. When I first applied PYO-PHAGES on my face, I got more small boils / lesions with white head / pus to which Nina (Nurse) / Nato (receptionist) mentioned that its a good sign that the bacteria is leaving your system. I bought that answer but now when I am back in US and applying phages again (2nd round) the boils are surfacing again which means the PYO is actually doing something bad. Not sure maybe if the bacteria is RESISTANT to phages it will cause it to become more aggressive etc ? This is a question for Elavia as we shouldnt expect any honest answer from phagetherapycenter anymore. WHAT REALLY STANDARD COMMERCIAL PHAGES FIX ?? so now we have 3 types of phages, COMMERCIAL, ADOPTED and CUSTOM that Elavia produces. If they incorporate new phages into ADOPTED phages should’nt those adopted phages be in the market too for public to buy too as they are different from custom ones ?

Yes, thank God I avoided the dangerous therapy as the way she told me “it will SHAKE MY IMMUNE SYSTEM a bit” looked very suspicious and dangerous and I could not sleep well that night and after a deep thought decided the next day I wont go ahead with it. Dr. Tengiz also tried to sell me the camylin injection which I denied too as I told them I came all the way to Tbilisi because I believed in phages and not anything else (no anti-biotic or other injections etc).

I came on Dec 17th and left January 1st 2018 so our paths didnt cross. I saw one German couple, one lady from US, an 18 year old with MRSA from Malaysia accompanied by his father and all of them I have forwarded your blog because your experience seems very familiar to ours and the changing statements of the doctors were confusing along with language barrier (maybe they even deliberately not understand what we were trying to ask). You were right about no local Georgian citizen in that center too. We all have been DUPED big time !!

Well, seems my elders have been right the whole time saying son, wherever you go any part of the world, the doctors are brutal butchers and even if they have good intentions they will treat you like a lab rat where they will try to kill a small bird with a cannon-ball causing a plethora of other issues to surface out from your body.

There should be a way to stop phagetherapycenter. I believe laws in Georgia arent very strict about copyrights etc otherwise Elavia should have been pissed about their name being damaged alongwith lost revenue to them that goes to phagetherapycenter. I believe we should talk sometime on phone if you are OK with it , I am based in California btw.
I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. what is really commercial phage good for if it has not been updated since a long time ?

I think commercial phages are good for certain strains of bacteria, like for example if you look at the intesti phage and pyo phage box, it tells you which bacteria it targets. So if someone were to have those bacteria listed on those commercial boxes, then the commercial phages would work for anyone who has those bacteria. So basically if anyone has a bacteria that the commercial phages target and their bacteria is not resistant to the commercial phages, then that's where commercial phages becomes useful. There are people who have bacteria which responds to the commercial phages, and there are others who has bacteria that doesn't respond to commercial phages therefore they require custom phages or adopted phages.

Having said that, I really do not know why the commercial phages is making your symptoms worse, i think it's best that you ask Eliava about this because I'm not really qualified to answer that.

2. If they incorporate new phages into ADOPTED phages should’nt those adopted phages be in the market too for public to buy too as they are different from custom ones ?

To the best of my knowledge, the adopted phages are basically custom phages that were once developed for other patients and Eliava add those custom phages to their collection so that it is available for others to use, so in a way, adopted phages are just custom phages that were once developed and then produced in large numbers so others with the same bacteria can use it. I really don't know if Eliava put those adopted phages up for commercial sales like how they do with commercial phages, but you could ask Eliava Institute and see what they say. What I do know, for a fact, is that Eliava Institute does not put custom phages or adopted phages in the same bottles, boxes, and labels as commercial phages. Adopted phages and custom phages goes in their own separate bottles and boxes, and commercial phages goes in their own separate bottles and boxes. They never mix custom/adopted phages in with commercial phages.

For now, I think communicating through email or on here is good as I don't want to talk on the phone because to be honest, I'm wary of trusting new people on the internet. Not trying to sound paranoid, just being cautious, but I get the feeling that the CEO of phage therapy center and the staff knows about this journal and they are reading it. I've posted a link to this journal on a thread in another forum that I strongly believe the "CEO" of phage therapy center was following. So if he was following the thread on that other forum where i posted a link to this journal, then he's most likely following this journal. I think for now it's better to communicate through email as I'm reluctant to give out any information about myself. I appreciate that you reached out to me though.

I think it's great that you warn other patients about phage therapy center. Are you still in contact with them? If you are, would it be possible if you ask them if I can have their emails? It would be nice to be able to be in contact with patients that went through the same thing I did. It's too bad that I wasn't able to inform most of the patients about phage therapy center's scam as I figured out the scam a little too late. I managed to inform the user Mo7ammed88, who I met at phage therapy center during the end of my treatment. He's been scammed by phage therapy center as well. I really hope phage therapy center gets shut down some day, they are pure evil. My eczema still hasn't went away yet and I developed it shortly after receiving the immune therapy treatments at phage therapy center...i really don't know if i'll ever recover from it. However, the eczema is only localized to my knuckles, but still...my local immunologist doctor told me it indicates something is wrong with my immune system and I develop this condition shortly after receiving injections from phage therapy center that they claim supposed to "boost" my immune system. I don't have a family history of eczema and I never had eczema in my life, this is the first time and it happened after receiving those damn injections. God I regret that so much..

I definitely would like to sue phage therapy center for the new health problems I'm experiencing now and to have them shut down for scamming patients who are simply desperate for a cure. I think it's really pathetic of them to scam patients like this. Why scam people for? Especially people who have diseases that are desperate for a cure. Why can't they just earn an honest living? And on top of that, why put your patients in harm's way? It's one thing to be scamming your patients, overcharging them and straight out lying to their faces, but it's another thing to be giving a patient unsafe treatments that causes bad side effects that won't go away.I guess some people are just money hungry and greedy by nature that they are willing to lie, scam and harm just to make money instead of working hard and earning an honest living like most of us are. ****ing pathetic. I realize there's always going to be people like this in the world and it just makes me sad. I don't know what to do if the eczema doesn't go away, doctor said it could become chronic. I want to have phage therapy center shut down for good but I don't know how to go about that yet but they deserve it. I don't even know anything about Georgian law and I have many other things going on right now so I don't know if I will have the time to invest.

phager83

Even if the phagetherapycenter CEO is watching, what difference does it make, you are pissed off / unhappy and reserve the right to say how you feel. Anyways, its a personal choice and I respect that you want to remain anonymous (Btw, your email is visible in one of your screenshots just in case you want to remove etc).
I asked about giving the emails of the 4 patients to you and 2 of them came back with negative so I cant go ahead. Btw, the standard phages have worked for them maybe because their bacteria was addressed by standard phages whereas ours (yours and mine) which is Staph Epidermidis maybe needs more work and custom preparation which is why it fails for us. Since, phagetherapycenter tries to go with ONE PHAGE SUITS ALL approach, it will benefit some while not others I feel.

onepguy

Original Poster
Even if the phagetherapycenter CEO is watching, what difference does it make, you are pissed off / unhappy and reserve the right to say how you feel. Anyways, its a personal choice and I respect that you want to remain anonymous (Btw, your email is visible in one of your screenshots just in case you want to remove etc).
I asked about giving the emails of the 4 patients to you and 2 of them came back with negative so I cant go ahead. Btw, the standard phages have worked for them maybe because their bacteria was addressed by standard phages whereas ours (yours and mine) which is Staph Epidermidis maybe needs more work and custom preparation which is why it fails for us. Since, phagetherapycenter tries to go with ONE PHAGE SUITS ALL approach, it will benefit some while not others I feel.
If he is watching, then it does make a difference because it's not beneficial for me to give out any sensitive information about myself to him. I talked more about this on the December 16 journal entry. To summarize what I wrote on that entry: I'm writing a journal about my bad experience at phage therapy center and whoever is reading it will think twice about going to phage therapy center for treatment - which means i'm ruining business for them. It's not unreasonable for them to want to try and sue me for defamation. It's not hard for them to sue me for defamation because they just need to prove to the court that what I said on my journal is false if they want to win the case, and if I want to win then I would have to prove what I say in this journal is true. So the only way for me to prove what I say on this journal is true is if I get witnesses aka other patients that got scammed too to vouch for me, but that means they would have to take their time out and travel to where I'm at to be a witness in court and i'm not sure they'll do that since they're from different countries and have very busy lives. So yeah, i'm just being extra cautious so I can't trust anyone new on the internet as of right now. Not accusing you or anything but I like to always be on the safe side.

Hmm, that's kind of weird that the patients you asked doesn't want to talk with me, not even through email? But I respect that.

Since phage therapy center can only provide commercial phages since they only are able to get commercial phages from Eliava and not custom phages, they would have no choice but to provide their patients with commercial phages (from Eliava) only. So if the patient requires a custom phage, then the commercial phages won't work for those patients and therefore they don't get better. But if those patients are lucky and their bacteria only requires a commercial phage, then of course their symptoms will get better when they take the commercial phage. For those patients who responds to the commercial phages, they are still getting scammed.

Just because the commercial phages work for those patients doesn't mean they're not getting scammed. They're still getting scammed because commercial phages cost around 4 USD a box at the Eliava Pharmacy And phage therapy center is charging prostatitis patients the standard price of $3000 for 2-3 weeks of supply + take home supply of COMMERCIAL phages. I don't know how much they charge the patients that have a different condition instead of prostatitis, but they told me that standard treatment for prostatitis is $3000, and they tried to charge me another $1000 by lying to me and saying they were giving me custom phages when really they were only giving me commercial phages. I was there for 3 weeks, so they gave me supply of commercial phages for those 3 weeks and also they gave me a 12 day supply of commercial phages to take home. So an estimate of the total phages they gave me would be around 33 COMMERCIAL phage boxes total. We know commercial phages cost around 4 USD a box at Eliava Pharmacy. 33 x 4 = $132. And yet they're charging me $3000, for a supply of commercial phages that only cost $132! And they throw in all these other extra "treatments" (that are either dangerous or doesn't do anything) to try and justify that expensive cost and now I have eczema as a result of those extra treatments.

If I had stuck with taking phages only, I would never have got any bad side effects. I've spoke with 2 patients in person that went to Eliava phage therapy and they both told me they didn't experience any side effects at all because they were given phages only and not anything else.

And secondly, just because some patients at phage therapy center respond to the commercial phages doesn't mean they will be cured. If the infection is not completely eradicated, then the infection can and will come back. The patients that went to Eliava that I talked to in person said that the people at Eliava told them that in order to be cured from the infection, they would need at least 3 months of supply of phages to have a good shot at being cured, and this is the reason why Eliava sends patients home with 3 months of supply of phages, while phage therapy center only sends patients home with 10-12 day supply of phages which is not enough for a cure. So to put this all in perspective, Phage therapy center took $3000 from me and gave me a supply of commercial phages that only cost $132 total, and then lying to my face telling me that some of those phages are "custom" in order to charge me another $1000, when those phages are really just commercial phages, and then only sending me home with only a 12 day supply of those commercial phages. I hope everyone finds out about their scam one day. I believe in karma and I think it's all going to catch up to them one day. Even if I don't sue them myself, other people will eventually try to. They can't possibly have a good reputation, I'm sure there are other people like me who figured out their scam. I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the only one who figured it out. People are not dumb and that's their mistake for assuming that they can get away with this.

phager83

I think only those people are interested to read about this who were not cured. It is very natural for the other patients who even got a little better to not think they were scammed but its very cruel and inhumane on the part of phagetherapycenter. Giving mental / financial trouble to patients who are already in trouble. They have a ONE PHAGE CURES ALL approach and thats why they say they cure 95% of their patients , which is what gets healed by standard phages. Anyways, all we can do is look towards Elavia. Are you in contact with other Elavia patients who got 100% cured from the infections you and I are having (Staph Epidermidis) ? Is there a need to travel again to Georgia or the phages can be shipped here to US ?

onepguy

Original Poster
I think only those people are interested to read about this who were not cured. It is very natural for the other patients who even got a little better to not think they were scammed but its very cruel and inhumane on the part of phagetherapycenter. Giving mental / financial trouble to patients who are already in trouble. They have a ONE PHAGE CURES ALL approach and thats why they say they cure 95% of their patients , which is what gets healed by standard phages. Anyways, all we can do is look towards Elavia. Are you in contact with other Elavia patients who got 100% cured from the infections you and I are having (Staph Epidermidis) ? Is there a need to travel again to Georgia or the phages can be shipped here to US ?
Yeah, I'm hoping everyone who is interested in phage therapy will get to read this journal and find out the real truth so they can make better decisions. But I mean, if I'm able to figure this scam out, I'm sure other patients are able to figure it out too, regardless if they get a little better from the treatment or not. On top of that, I'm sure they notice the same red flags that I noticed - ruining of patient confidentiality, seeing no local patients, only foreign, the size of the building and how it looks inside, communication problems and just seeing how unprofessional they are. The main reason why people, like me, fall for their scam is because they prey on our desperation for a cure. When you're desperate for a cure, it clouds up your judgement easily.

And like I said before, even if patients respond to the commercial phages, they need at least 3 months supply of phages to be cured, which phage therapy center does not provide. And why pay thousands of dollars when you can get it for 4 USD for a box at the Eliava Pharmacy. I don't know if Eliava will ship you the phages or if you have to travel to Georgia to buy it at the Eliava Pharmacy. But what I do know is this, a plane ticket to Georgia doesn't cost $3000 for me. It cost way cheaper than $3000 so even if i can't have the phages shipped to my house, I can always buy a plane ticket to Georgia (cost around $1000 for me), and then go to the Eliava Pharmacy and get the commercial phages for 4 bucks a box. 3 months of supply of commercial phages would cost $360 usd at most. That way instead of spending $3000 at phage therapy center plus another $1000 for the plane ticket to Georgia and risk getting scammed and harmed by phage therapy center in the process, and also risk having to pay another $1000 for thinking you are paying for custom phages since they will lie to you, and along with all the other costs such as hotel, food , etc., I'd say the total costs would be around $5000 or more, when I can just spend around $1360(for plane ticket + 3 months of commercial phages) if I go to Eliava Pharmacy. However, like i said before, you can only do it this way if you are lucky and your bacteria requires only a commercial phage. If your bacteria requires a custom phage then you can't just walk into the Eliava pharmacy and buy a custom phage.

Phage therapy center told you they cured 95% of their patients?? Lol, that's a really good joke. It's funny they told you that, because when I tried to ask them what their success/cure rate is, they always changed the subject or didn't answer my question directly. They would say something like "there are some patients who get better and some doesn't, it's a hit or miss". To me, this doesn't make sense. If they are able to identify the bacteria, they can find appropiate phages for that bacteria. And then all they need to do is give those patients that phage and those bacteria will be eradicated. The reason phage therapy center say that it's a hit or miss is because they can't provide custom phages to the patients that need custom phages, but they wouldn't want you to know that they can't provide custom phages so they try to downplay phages in general by saying that "phages are not 100%, and that's why you need to combine other treatments like those immune therapy injections, vitamins IV, probitiocs, etc" which is all bullshit that they came up with to justify themselves and to justify their treatment. You only need the right phages for your bacteria and that's it. You don't need any other treatments.

And if you are a foreign patient that lives closer to Georgia than me, the plane ticket to Georgia would cost a lot less for you. And yes, I'm in contact with one patient from Eliava that is cured from his condition and he only took phages and nothing else.

onepguy

Original Poster
I forgot to mention in the above post that if you respond to commercial phages and plan on buying it directly from Eliava Pharmacy, which means you have to buy a plane ticket to Georgia...i think you might need a doctor's note to be able to bring back those phages and get it pass customs..in my experience, if you have a doctor's note approving you for the use of bacteriophages (it could even be the local doctor in your country, shouldn't be hard to get), you should be able to bring the phages back to your home country without customs giving you any problems, as long as the doctor's note states how many phages you are bringing back and how long you will be on it for, and for what condition, and as long as it's not more than 90 day supply (3 months). However I'd double check this to make sure. And this is strictly speaking for U.S. since that's where I'm from, I do not know about other foreign countries' policy. Also, you could get that same doctor's note ahead of time and then mail the commercial phages to yourself while you're in Georgia along with the doctor's note. Again, I'd double check this information to make sure. I have a friend that is going to try and mail the phages that he bought from Eliava pharmacy to himself with a doctor's letter so i'll let you know if that works (he's from the US too).

And even if you are not able to bring the phages back to your home country or ship it to yourself, why choose to go to phage therapy center? They're just going to overcharge you and lie to you and possibly give you some unsafe treatments like how they did with me and how they tried to do with Phager83. I'm convinced that they gave me those immune system treatments which messed up my immune system so that I can keep getting more bacterial infections since my immune system is weakened, which means I would have to keep coming back to them for more treatments and they keep getting more money from me. And they'll give you only 10-12 day supply of phages to take home and that's it. Remember, you need at least 3 months supply of phages to have a good shot at being cured, says Eliava Institute. I wonder what is the reason why phage therapy center doesn't send you home with a 3 month supply of phages. Is it because they are cheap skates and greedy, or is it because they don't want you to be cured so that your infection can come back and then you end up coming back to them for another one of their treatments which means more money for them. I guess it could be both. Either way - don't spend your hard earned money on phage therapy center. If your bacteria requires only commercial phages, I would try and see if I can it at the Eliava Pharmacy and bring the phages back home with me if possible or mail it. I'm confident you could do this by getting the doctors note like I explained above. Shouldn't be too hard.

onepguy

Original Poster
Hi onepguy,

My red flags were:

IMPORTANT@

Hey everyone, I just wanted to clarify something. My understanding of adopted phages are wrong. I had thought this whole time that adopted/adapted phages are custom phages that were once developed for other patients and added to Eliava's phage collection and produced in large numbers so other people can use it, but I'm actually wrong about that.

I emailed the director of the George Eliava Institute to make sure I'm understanding it correctly and it turns out I misunderstood it. She explained to me about commercial phages, adapted phages (i think they spell it with an 'a' but pronounce it as "adopt") and custom phages. Here's a screenshot of my email conversation with her.

So just to elaborate on her explanation, I think this is what she meant, if I'm understanding this correctly. There are 6 different commercial phages, and 5 out of those 6 commercial phages are a mixture of different phages. Each of these commercial phages are being updated or "adapted" every 6 or 8 months so that the commercial phages remain effective on the clinical bacterial strains that it targets. These clinical bacterial strains that the commercial phages target are listed on the commercial phage boxes. I'm assuming that they have to update these commercial phages since bacteria becomes resistant over time which is why they need to update the commercial phages so that it does not become obsolete. So basically, new phages become updated or "adapted" into the commercial phages so that the commercial phages can continue to work on the select bacterial strains (which is listed on the commercial phage box).

So basically, commercial phages does get updated so that they continue to work on the select bacterial strains that they target and the way they get updated is by adopting/adapting new phages into the commercial phages so they continue to work on the select bacterial strains that they target.

If I have a bacteria that doesn't respond to the commercial phages (meaning my bacteria isn't the same bacteria in the select bacterial strains that the commercial phages target), then Eliava Institute would need to develop a custom phage for me. And according to the director of Eliava, it takes about a month or maybe less to develop a custom phage for a specific bacteria that doesn't respond to commercial phages.

So, adopted/adapted phages are not custom phages..they are just new phages that are added into the commercial phages to keep those commercial phages effective against the select bacterial strains that it targets.

And lastly, as you see, the director of Eliava Institute says that Eliava puts custom phages in their own special bottles and boxes with specific labeling, they NEVER put custom phages in the same boxes, bottles, or labels as commercial phages! You can go back to the December 7 entry where she talks more about this.

Now that I've cleared up the confusion about adopted/adapted phages...

Remember a few days ago, phager83 told me that he confronted phage therapy center about giving him commercial phages but charging him for the price of custom phage ($1000)? When he confronted phage therapy center about this, just to recap, this is what phage therapy center said to him: "we update our commercial phages every 3-6 months and we have included your custom phages into these commercial ones."

Again, I just want to remind everyone that phage therapy center is still straight out lying. They are trying to mix some truth in with their lie, as I have said a few days ago. Yes, it's true that Eliava updates commercial phages, but the Eliava Institute doesn't put custom phages into the commercial phages in order to update the commercial phages like phage therapy center claims. Eliava Institute adopts/adapts new phages into the commercial phages to keep them remaining effective, but they don't put a custom phage into a commercial phage. In other words, the new phages that Eliava adds into the commercial phages to update it are only used to target the select bacterial strains, while custom phages are used to target specific bacteria that doesn't respond to the commercial phages or the newly adapted phages that are added to the commercial phages.

New/adopted/adapted phages that are added into the commercial phages to update it and keep it effective against the select bacterial strains are still going to cost the same...4 USD (11 GEL) for a box because it's still a commercial phage! The only difference is that it's been updated to keep it remaining effective.

So you can see how phage therapy center tries to bend the truth to their advantage by saying that they put custom phages in the commercial phages and saying that's how they update commercial phages, which is a straight out lie! Phage therapy center came up with this lie so that they can charge patients for the price of custom phages (extra $1000) while giving them only commercial phages. Don't fall for their lies or their scam.

All in all, just remember this important detail: Commercial phages go in their own separate boxes, bottles and labels and custom phages goes in their own separate boxes, bottles and labels and the two never get mixed.

Thanks for reading

phager83

Well Written, so basically we have now only 2 types of phages, COMMERCIAL and CUSTOM. Adapted/adopted phages are actually put into COMMERCIAL PHAGES so the final product is COMMERCIAL. And yes, you are right, phagetherapycenter wants to squeeze more money from the patients by saying "THEY" update the phages every 3-6 months, this is a LIE that suits them perfectly as it calms the patient into thinking the commercial phages have been updated just for HIM , how sweet it is of phagetherapycenter to make phages for me where actually that effort is first of all done by Elavia and not phagetherapycenter and secondly, it justified them taking additional money.

Eveelina

Hello guys are u still here? Comunicate? Im interested in phage therapy but i read all that u were writing..just wanna ask you if something changed till present? or is it really scam? :/

Eveelina

I will be happy if someone who had this therapy will be willing to comunicate with me about that.