Parkinsons disease

ozzie

On our news this morning, it was claimed, that there are more cases, of Parkinsons disease, than there is colon cancer now, including much younger people with the disease. It makes you wonder why.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Some people think that Parkinsons is the result of Lyme disease which is the silent epidemic in the USA,,, but I think there could be other causes also. Dopamine sites stop producing dopamine. They don't really understand why.

Did you see the other thread I put up this week on parkinsons and glutathione?

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Coenzyme Q has positive effects in Parkinson's disease, but as for the increase, we have moved too much into fake foods devoid of nutrients. Some beans (fava) are natural dopamine precursor sources.

ozzie

Original Poster
Yes Arrowind had a look at that thread today, interesting.

Ted_Hutchinson

Brain Disorder Bill Hits EUR800 Billion as Europe Faces 'Ticking Bomb', Warns New Study from The European Brain Council
It's the same for all brain disorders not just Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.

But the key sentence in that report is
Sleep disorders cost 348 euros per patient per year -- but almost 45 million people suffer from them, compared to the 500,000 people who suffer from multiple sclerosis and the 200,000 with brain tumors.
We all know the human body is set to produce the neuroprotection Vitamin d from dawn to dusk given UVB exposure and given daytime bright light exposure and darkness at night the neuroprotection of MELATONIN from dusk to dawn.
Not only do most of those 45million people with sleep disorders not get sufficient vitamin d from UVB exposure during the day most will be suffering from light pollution(street lighting digital displays, evening TV PC use.) and noise pollution and will have insufficient melatonin secretion through the night.
We don't generally offer those with sleep disturbance Time Release Melatonin supplements on prescription and more than most UK doctors correct Vitamin D deficiency with the natural form of vitamin d 3 in effective amounts that enable vitamin d storage in cells.

Melatonin Parkinson's

Vitamin d Parkinson's

There is a huge difference between treating a condition once it's established and intervening when an avalanche of catastrophic proportions in the brain is under way, and PREVENTING that cascade of disasters getting under way. We must all pay more attention to enhancing the natural protective mechanisms the body/brain has and fundamental to this is ensuring vitamin d status is high during the day and melatonin is high through the night.

jfh

perpetual student
Parkinson’s symptoms can be induced in mice by some poisons: rotenone (a natural pesticide extracted from root vegetables), and MPTP, a common contaminant of street drugs. They may all lead to overproduction of nitric oxide, a naturally occurring chemical that is harmful in quantity.

I suspect that more GMO produced crops are getting into our food supply. I also suspect that young people and elderly are going to show greater response to this.

Sharry Edwards was my guest on the Parkinsons Recovery Radio show yesterday. During the show she discussed a connection between Genetically Modified Foods (GMS’s) and symptoms of Parkinsons that she personally experienced.
https://www.blog.parkinsonsrecovery.com/research-shows-link-between-gmo’s-and-symptoms-of-parkinsons