Once again, MORE Snow! 2/25/10

EarlyBird

28 inches of snow for February 2010 so far and evidently heading higher.
Our predicted "dusting" is creating accidents this morning. They're saying
"black ice" is the problem; "Dusting" has turned into flurries now.
It's no longer funny and way past "pretty". Seriously considering going back
to bed and sleeping thru the day - or longer!.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
28 inches of snow for February 2010 so far and evidently heading higher.
Our predicted "dusting" is creating accidents this morning. They're saying
"black ice" is the problem; "Dusting" has turned into flurries now.
It's no longer funny and way past "pretty". Seriously considering going back
to bed and sleeping thru the day - or longer!.
We had an inch this morning but a town 20 miles away had 5 inches.

just me

Texas had more snow too...even reached houston and south of houston... My town missed it, but it was snowing all around us! The daughter said that the farmers almanac predicted a really bad snow storm for the end of Feb 2010...apparently they are right!

jfh

perpetual student
It is unusual to snow in Austin, TX; except the more northern part of the hill country. It was reported that this was the fourth time it has snowed and actually stayed on the ground since 1900. Or something like that. We've had sleet and hail several times. I got 3 inches of snow. So exciting - as long as I don't have to get out in it. Just 2 days before, it was 74F degrees for only one day.

just me

So did ya'll see this article in the yahoo news...https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100226/ap_on_re_us/us_winter_weather

HAMPTON, N.H. – An unceasing winter storm unleashed multiple dangers across the Northeast on Friday, blasting the coast with hurricane-force winds that fanned a New Hampshire hotel fire, flooding parts of Maine, dropping 2 feet of snow on parts of New York, and cutting power to at least 700,000 homes and businesses.
Power failures were so bad in New Hampshire that even the state Emergency Operations Center was operating on a generator.
The highest wind reported was 91 mph in Portsmouth, N.H. — well above hurricane force of 74 mph. Gusts hit 60 mph or more from New York's Long Island to Massachusetts.
All I can say is Where the tar is that global warming stuff at now??!!!! Im not sure how far west this storm is gonna go, but sure hope we dont get too much of it!

jfh

perpetual student
I wonder why people ever settled in the northern parts of US and all of Canada. Even Alaska. I mean that I know about trapping and fishing. ...but settling? Their brains must have been frozen. How about the indigenous peoples? Maybe they had the sense to migrate. Not the Eskimos.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
We had an inch yesterday and today we are getting slammed, 3 inches so far with 4-6 more predicted, plus another 3-5 tomorrow. This sucks.

EarlyBird

Original Poster
Yeah, looks like the Northeast really got slammed with 12 inches or more in some areas
and electricity cut off to more than 1 million homes. That was reported on one of the Morning Shows this am.
Boy, am I feeling lucky now! We're due another 2 to 4 inches tonight.
THINK SPRING FOLKS!

just me

Saved1986 (I just love that name!) which part of the world are you from? Texas weather is pretty today... 63 degrees at my house... boy I hope it stays that way!!!

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Saved1986 (I just love that name!) which part of the world are you from? Texas weather is pretty today... 63 degrees at my house... boy I hope it stays that way!!!

far suburb of pittsbugh pa. As for the name saved. A couple yrs ago a few of us on a couple boards use to troll other boards. Even though I am a christian, I really despise fundamentalist christians. Way too judgemental and ignorant. I used that name in an e-mail address to troll a christian board (of which I was banned quickly). Anyway, that is the idea, to get banned after pissing some people off. However, I was banned from an emphysema / copd board and I was not trying or trolling. I just posted aome alternative treatments (Ohira's probiotics, co-enzyme Q, Vitamin A high dosage and some people on the board went nuts).

jfh

perpetual student
Even though I am a christian, I really despise fundamentalist christians. Way too judgemental and ignorant.
:ditto:

I know the feeling. My siblings are in the southeast. I moved away for 35 years to northern CA. That makes me far too liberal for them. Conversations are tedious. Now I'm surrounded by very politically conservative, Christian fundamentalism in central Texas. And only 20 miles (50 minutes) away is Austin. The city's motto is "Keep Austin Weird". A big blue dot in a red sea.

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
:ditto:

I know the feeling. My siblings are in the southeast. I moved away for 35 years to northern CA. That makes me far too liberal for them. Conversations are tedious. Now I'm surrounded by very politically conservative, Christian fundamentalism in central Texas. And only 20 miles (50 minutes) away is Austin. The city's motto is "Keep Austin Weird". A big blue dot in a red sea.
I love bohemian areas. I believe the Bible and that it is truly God;s word, but when I hear so called christians saying BOMB IRAN or hate gays or Jesus was for free enterprise, it makes my stomach turn. And most of them are like that.

EarlyBird

Original Poster
Saved1986 - With all that snow in Pa, how do you all get out to shop for food, etc.
And news reports say so many without electricity, but you're able to use your
computer? Are you just one of the lucky ones?