Oil Lake from 21 Inch Pipe?

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
This is an interview with Matt Simmons via MSNBC news. It is a must watch. He says that the oil that is coming out of the Deepwater Horizon well could not possibly have created the oil slick that we are currently contending with. His point is that with a well diameter of only 21 inches a spill the size of Delaware and Maryland now exists and several hundred feet thick, and made out of a kind of oil that is not coming out of the well. Corexit 9500 has been used to make it sink to the bottom.
This video was recorded before the first attempt to seal the well failed though top kill, so about 1.5 month ago. Simmons has a strong interest in the development of renewable energy systems. The question is, is he right?

https://www.blacklistednews.com/?news_id=8915

biography: https://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/ … mmons.html

So. I live on 8 acres of land. We have 20, 55 gallon drums stored to be used for our green house solar heat retainer, similar in size to a barrel of oil. At 5,000 barrels a day coming out it would not nearly cover an a acre to store those barrels... so, I'm not great at math but and I have no absloute measurements, but if 5,000 barrels are coming out a day, over 90 days that certainly is not going to cover Delaware and Maryland for a depth of a couple of hundred feet. Am I nuts or am I much worse at math that I thought? One way or another somebody is lying.

I suspect that the huge globs of oil coming on shore, some reported up to 2,000 pounds, are not from the well head that we have been watching videos of. Nor is that well head the source of the high levels of methane now found in the water, at deep levels, that being one million times greater than backround levels that has a retention of up to 10 years in sea water.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Original Poster
From the UK Telegraph: The oil giant’s shares resumed their downward trajectory on Monday on news that there was seepage from the ocean floor three miles away. BP said last night that scientists have determined that the seep was unrelated to its well. It is now examining what appear to be gas bubbles near the well head and a small escape coming the top of the cap that “does not appear to be consequential”

BP shares closed down 19.3, or 5pc, at 387.85p, as investors worried that the company may have to keep trying costly engineering solutions until an attempt to plug the leak with cement through a relief well in August.

The company yesterday confirmed that the cost of its spill is now almost $4bn (£2.6bn). To pay for the spill, it is currently trying to sell a raft of assets, including $10bn in Alaska and another $10bn stake in Pan American Energy in South America. July 20, 2010

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
A 21 inch diameter pipe is pretty big; also, you hav eto remember the pressure on that pipe is in the thousands of PSI. That can push out a lot of oil.

EarlyBird

I read yesterday that BP is the top loser in stock value - of the top ten
stock value losers 2 other stock analysts expect BP's stock value to be ZERO
by 2nd half of 2011. :roll: WOW! :shock:
There goes BP's promise to cover all those expenses of those hurt by the Oil Spill. :(

Mad Scientest

There goes BP's promise to cover all those expenses of those hurt by the Oil Spill. :(
Isn't that what taxpayers are for? But to pay for these kinds of mistakes. :twisted:

Of course conveniently the CEO of PB just happened to sell off a bunch of his shares just prior to this "accident". So you will be happy to know he will not be adversely affected.:evil:

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
Isn't that what taxpayers are for? But to pay for these kinds of mistakes. :twisted:

Of course conveniently the CEO of PB just happened to sell off a bunch of his shares just prior to this "accident". So you will be happy to know he will not be adversely affected.:evil:

Not to mention Goldman Sachs also sold their BP holdings at the same time and internal reports said their were issues with that well a month in advance.