New

peaceguru

Hi, I just joined and after the month I've had, I'm glad I found a place like this. At the end of June, something snapped inside of me and I started cleaning my house top to bottom. I switched out my lights from cfls to natural lighting sources, I installed 2 oil burners, numerous incense burners, started going barefoot as much as possible again, and started keeping frozen grapes and blueberries in my freezer for snacks. I have stopped watching tv except for a couple of select shows, I have waterfall/fountains in my meditation room, I have started meditating, and doing yoga instead of weight training. I also opt for aromatherapy and other holistic treatments whenever possible, which is why I am so glad I found this site. Other than aromatherapy and yoga, what holistic treatments would ya'll recommend for a seizure patient who has anxiety and ptsd?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Welcome to the forum Peaceguru! :wave: It sounds like you're doing some positive things. As far as seizures, anxiety and PTSD, I've read some good things about medical marijuana for those conditions, but I don't think it's available in Texas.

peaceguru

Original Poster
Welcome to the forum Peaceguru! :wave: It sounds like you're doing some positive things. As far as seizures, anxiety and PTSD, I've read some good things about medical marijuana for those conditions, but I don't think it's available in Texas.
I think I can get the cannabis pills in Texas. I'll talk to my neurologist.

peaceguru

Original Poster
Long time no post, lol. I managed to get some cannabis gummies, but I'm not sure what dosage would be right for me. The directions just say take one gummie per day. On things like that do all directions fit the all cases? I've also started dabbling in aromatherapy. Mixed up a sinus treatment the other day, so if ya'll know any aromatherapy that might help seizures, then please let me know.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I have no experience with edibles, but I do know that the current strains of marijuana are much more pure and much more potent than the marijuana of the 60s.

I would take no more than the recommended amount. I'd even be extra caution and only take half the amount for the first day to see how it affected me.

The effect of these edibles take awhile to feel.....so don't think in an hour you don't feel anything so you should take more.....the effect may start in 75 min. I think it's different for every individual, and I would use caution until I knew what dose was good for me.

Good luck, glad you were able to get some, hopefully it is high quality.

jfh

perpetual student
I've not tried the edibles or gummies, but I do take one drop of cannabinoid oil each day. When I am in pain from some trauma, I take about 4 drops per day.

Here is a reason to follow directions and not take too much.

When you take CBD oil, CBD and cannabinoids in the oil interact with the receptors in your body's natural endocannabinoid system, just like cannabinoids synthesized naturally inside your body because the chemical structure is essentially the same. They may also be modulated in their action by the specialized enzymes that can break them down (degrade them). It is this interaction with your endocannabinoid system that allows the cannabinoids in CBD oil to perform their magic.

It turns out that omega 3 plays a very critical role in maintaining proper functioning of your endocannabinoid system. This cannot be overemphasized enough so pay very close attention to this message: if you do not get enough omega 3 in your diet or through supplementation, you will not receive as great a benefit from taking CBD oil!

On the other hand, you can take to much omega3, as I have occasionally. This thins the blood, which can show up in your urine or even nose bleed.

I have had to watch all the stuff that causes blood thinning, like garlic, magnesium, fish oil, olive oil, nettle, etc.

Just be moderate. Too much CBD will not harm you at all. But knowing that it enhances the use of omega3 should help with your dosage decision.

peaceguru

Original Poster
Very informative, thank you for that info. Does this mean that I should be supplementing with fish oil(omega3)?

jfh

perpetual student
Very informative, thank you for that info. Does this mean that I should be supplementing with fish oil(omega3)?
Yes. Supplement with fish oil or krill oil, and use olive oil as much as you can. My cardiologist tells me that I won't need Statins, if I keep taking fish oil supplements. So, omega3 is good for heart health too.

peaceguru

Original Poster
Hey guys, sorry I abandoned the forum for awhile but I have got to share my results. I have been taking Cannabitol 750mg from Hemplandusa, twice a day and I have not had so much as a trace of a seizure in over 8 months. At my last neurologists appointment, I had the best eeg I have ever had, I usually show spikes all over the place...this time there were two spikes. I am thinking more clearly, and I feel like I am finally moving forward with my life.

Lilly-bo

Hi, I just joined and after the month I've had, I'm glad I found a place like this. At the end of June, something snapped inside of me and I started cleaning my house top to bottom. I switched out my lights from cfls to natural lighting sources, I installed 2 oil burners, numerous incense burners, started going barefoot as much as possible again, and started keeping frozen grapes and blueberries in my freezer for snacks. I have stopped watching tv except for a couple of select shows, I have waterfall/fountains in my meditation room, I have started meditating, and doing yoga instead of weight training. I also opt for aromatherapy and other holistic treatments whenever possible, which is why I am so glad I found this site. Other than aromatherapy and yoga, what holistic treatments would ya'll recommend for a seizure patient who has anxiety and ptsd?

Lilly-bo

My advice is to read Update Magnesium on Google. Magnesium is one of the most important
Mineral in our bodies
Every evening I take 300 mgs by Viridian, it a UK company however I am sure you can get a nature Magnesium in the USA

ozzie

Hey guys, sorry I abandoned the forum for awhile but I have got to share my results. I have been taking Cannabitol 750mg from Hemplandusa, twice a day and I have not had so much as a trace of a seizure in over 8 months. At my last neurologists appointment, I had the best eeg I have ever had, I usually show spikes all over the place...this time there were two spikes. I am thinking more clearly, and I feel like I am finally moving forward with my life.
Good to see you are feeling much better and moving forward with your life peaceguru.