Need help: candida, metals, gastroparesis/GERD/GI issues, etc

Bee123

I am trying to get help with my diet, but am running into a lot of conflicting info and vague advice. Can someone PLEASE help? (A sample meal plan would help and/or macronutrient ratios/percentages to shoot for!)

I am a 25 y/o female who is approx 15 pounds underweight due to a myriad of health issues:

-Candidiasis and dysbyosis
-Severe Heavy Metal Toxicities
-GI issues (IBS-Constipation/IBD, GERD, GASTROPARESIS!!!!, bloating, gas, cramps, rectal prolapse/hemorroids, mucus and digested food in stool, food intolerances to most foods like gluten, dairy, gluten, most grains, fermented foods and yeast, fruit/fructose/sugars....)
-FMS/CFS
-Hormonal and neurotransmitter imbalances
-Adrenal Fatigue and HypOthyroidism
-Poly-Vagal Nervous System Dysfunction and Polarity Switch
-Anxiety, depression, PTSD
-Osteoporosis, acne, brittle hair...

The list goes on and on.

I am currently seeing a Chiro who is doing Emotional NAET to heal past trauma issues and I am going to start MMS therapy to help start the cleansing process (and I will be taking Chlorella and Citrus Pectin with MMS in order to help soak up the toxins). After MMS, I will begin some sort of heavy metal detox, either thru IV-EDTA chelation or through homeopathy/supplements or a combo of both. I will also do candida and liver homeopathic cleanses.

I cannot digest food unless I take HCl and digestive enzymes... but even those don't fully help with my GI issues, especially the gastroparesis and GERD and extreme fullness.

Here is what I currently eat every day (approx 1500 cals, 45g fat (28%), 140g carbs (37%) , 130g (35%) protein, 23g fiber)

1. 4oz homemade greens juice (cucumber, spinach, celery, cilantro...)
1 Food for Life Brown Rice Tortilla
1 TB organic almond butter + 2 TB Rice Protein powder (I mix this with a bit of water to make a protein-packed spread)

2. Food for Life brown rice tortilla
3oz chicken breast
1/2c steamed veggies, romaine, carrots (I put the chicken and veggies in the wrap)

3. brown rice cake + 1 TB almond butter + 2 TB nutribiotics brown rice protein powder

4. Same as meal 2

5. 2 jumbo soft boiled eggs + 4oz green juice

My Chiro’s plan for me is this:
-NAET for emotional trauma
-MMS + chlorella and pectin
-IV EDTA to further help with the meal removal
-homeopathic yeast killers and metal chelators
-rebuilding the body, supporting the glands/liver/flora

I have developed a major aversion to the taste, smell, and texture of meat. I used to be vegan until about 5 years ago b/c I developed allergies to soy and gluten. I would love to be vegan again (for I felt my healthiest), but am not sure how to do so healthfully and without losing wt. I basically just want to eat a healing diet that will help me be strong and athletic again (I used to do all sorts of sports, but my health deteriorated to the point that I cant even work now).

I have to puree the chicken and veggies b/c I cannot digest them.

I used a good amount of kelp/dulse, and a smidge of cayenne/black pepper in 2 of my meals.

Any suggestions you can offer would be SO appreciated. I have tried to find a dietician/nutritionist/alternative doctor to help me with diet, but no one is willing to help, besides throwing a pre-made diet plan at me full of foods that are either not very healing and/or I'm allergic to.

If you could provide me with a list of healing foods to eat, meal/snack suggestions, and a good amount of cals, protein/carbs/fats to shoot for, that would be SO helpful!!! What are good ratios/percentages to shoot for in terms of macronutrients to ensure I am eating balanced?

Thanks SO SO SO Much!!!!

u&iraok

I'm glad you're seeing a health professional to help you with all these issues. I had or have many of the ones on your list, so I understand. The good thing is, you're only 25 so you have youth on your side. And that's a really good thing. After 35, it gets more difficult. You even may be able to cure your CFS if you take care of all the underlying problems, since you're young. Keep working on them!

I was told by my naturopath/nutritionist who cured my candidiasis, that unless you have a serious hormone issue that needs to be taken care of first, usually you need to cure the candidiasis before you can move on to the other things. If you're not digesting your food and if your immune system is focusing on the candida infection, and your body is overwhelmed with the infection, you can't get well. You probably have some major nutritional deficiencies but don't take vitamins until you cure the candida. Some of them feed the candida, and most won't be assimilated anyway because of your poor digestion.

Here's some diet suggestions for someone who is dealing with Candidiasis. You can ignore the meat suggestions or any that are too difficult. I thought there were some good ones here, especially if you get tired of eating the same things.

RECIPES AND OTHER FOOD IDEAS:

*in regards to sweeteners, xylitol actually helps to kill candida....so use that...but not in excess.
Note: Remember to limit carbs to 150 grams a day.

BREAKFAST IDEAS:
OMELETS: These are things you can put in your omelet: onions, peppers, ham, bacon, Canadian bacon, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, avocado, salami, parsley, chives, smoked salmon, caviar, shrimps, garlic or garlic powder, onion powder, salsa, zucchini, asparagus.

HOT CEREALS: Millet, Quinoa. (you can grate granny smith apples into it with cinnamon). You can put sugar free coconut milk on it or coconut cream or butter or whipped cream instead of milk. Sprinkle a little xylitol for sweetness. I also like these cereals cold.

Pancakes: Make with Buckwheat Flour (strawberries and blueberries are low glycemic and can go on top of the pancake....don't buy buckwheat pancake mix though because it generally has other flours in it....make them with pure buckwheat flour and other flours you are allowed, eggs and baking powder to get them to rise). You can grate granny smith apples into the pancake mix and some berries.....be inventive. You can put homemade whipping cream with xylitol instead of sugar and a few berries mentioned above on them. Just find out how many carbs are in each pancake and don't go over your limit for the day.

Yeast free, sugar free, gluten free, wheat free bread toasted with poached eggs and butter on the toast. (or fried or scrambled eggs) Ultra balance protein drink (you can buy that from us).

LUNCH IDEAS:
Various salads. You can use these ingredients to create a salad: romaine lettuce, spinach, mixed baby greens, other lettuces, celery, cucumber, radishes, onions, tomatoes, avocados, peppers, fresh garlic, olive oil, fresh lime or lemon juice, cilantro, basil, parsley, shrimp, chicken, turkey, bacon, hard boiled eggs, black olives, smoked salmon, canned salmon, salmon, tuna, cooked fish, steak, guacamole, hummus.

One piece of Yeast free, sugar free, gluten free, wheat free bread with butter and any of the following toppings: egg salad with green onions, tuna salad with green onions, chicken salad with green onions, sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers, chicken, turkey, shrimps, roast beef, ham. (my parents are English and call these “open faced sandwiches”), also you can roll sandwich ingredients in a lettuce leaf to hold it all together and then eat it. You can use a mayonnaise called “vegenaise”.

Soups with things like this in it: leeks, chicken, yams, zucchini, garlic, onions, celery, peppers, asparagus, tomatoes, beef bones, lamb, and fish. You can make the soup a pureed creamed soup by adding unsweetened whipping cream to it.

DINNER IDEAS:
Chicken, Steak, Lamb, Ribs, Short ribs, Liver, Hamburger, Chicken burger, Turkey burger, Turkey Thighs roasted in the oven with roasted vegies, Baked Yams, Cauliflower that is mashed with salt and pepper and garlic and butter so it looks like Mashed Potatoes, Zucchini, Asparagus, Broccoli, Salads, Roasts. You could have baked salmon. You could have a roast turkey with mashed Cauliflower and Zucchini and Squash and Asparagus for a Sunday night dinner and have strawberries with unsweetened whipped cream for dessert. Everyone in the family would love it too! You can cut up loads of veggies and roast them with olive oil, garlic and spices. You can get a slow cooker (crock pot) and load chicken thighs, yams, garlic and chicken broth and spices and have a wonderful dinner for the whole family served with a beautiful salad. Short Ribs in a crock pot with beef broth and onions, garlic, salt and pepper is a wonderful meal.

Each newsletter I am going to put a dinner recipe in.
Todays is SHRIMP SCAMPI:
Serves 2
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 large garlic cloves, minced
16 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Pinch of salt
2 Tablespoons very finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus a few sprigs for garnish
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Lemon Wedges

In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium-low heat. When the butter foam subsides, stir in the garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly golden, about 7 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown.

Increase the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp and salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning the shrimp once, until they are just pink. Stir in the parley and lemon juice and cook 1 minute more.

Serve garnished with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.

Serve with lightly steamed spinach or broccoli.

SNACK IDEAS:
Humus on celery, Hard Boiled Eggs, Cold Cut Rollups, Lettuce Wraps, Granny Smith Apple, Protein Drink with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or boysenberries, cut veggies dipped in tziki sauce or humus.