Natural Ways to Fight Your Depression

Alex88

While it is a norm to have a medication for your depression after consulting your physician, there is no denial to the fact that apart from these regular meds, there are some natural ways by adopting which you can get some relief from your depression.

Listed below are some of the few natural methods that I found quite effective.

1. Exercise

When in a depressed mood, this would be the last option that you would consider to go with but studies have proved that exercising helps you relax your mind and gives you a calming effect.

2. Go Out & Explore Different stuff, Get Your Daily Sunshine Dose

You would want to stay inside and lock yourself in one room in the dark when depressed, this you should try to avoid. Gather some energy and go out, explore different things, meet new people and take your daily dose of sunshine which is very important for you in terms of your vitamin D supplements.

3. Do Your Regular Work & Sleep Well

Try to follow your regular routine as much as possible. This keeps you busy in productive things and you are avoided from indulging in negative thoughts.

4. Pet Therapy

Pet therapy is one the most important natural way to overcome depression as you get an unconditional love, support and companion in the form of your pet. They keep you moving all day and give you a good purpose to your life. These specially trained pets are called Emotional Support Animals and you get a license for them to keep them with you at home or anywhere outside.

5. Do Yoga & Deep Breathing

Yoga in combination with deep breathing is a great activity to perform for a depressed person as it enhances the mood and provide a relaxed mentality.

These are a few natural ways for me to overcome depression. Let me know any other natural remedy that you know.

jaminhealth

I struggled with Clinical depression for 10 yrs, came on after menopause for me, and for 10 yrs docs tested thyroid and said "all is good" and then slapped me with cocktails of AD drugs...10 miserable yrs.

Finally talked to the D.O. I was seeing for years for back issues and he knew right away, got me on Armour thyroid and depression lifted in 4 days or so...miracle of miracles. I now take Naturethryoid and it's as good as Armour and less pricey and since on Homeopathic HGH gel, I've been able to cut my dose in half.....yeah.....

He did no labs, nadda, knew right away and started me on theraputic low dose of Armour and we went from there...good ole time doc.

Abigail Wenderson

While it is a norm to have a medication for your depression after consulting your physician, there is no denial to the fact that apart from these regular meds, there are some natural ways by adopting which you can get some relief from your depression.

1. Exercise

When in a depressed mood, this would be the last option that you would consider to go with but studies have proved that exercising helps you relax your mind and gives you a calming effect.

You would want to stay inside and lock yourself in one room in the dark when depressed, this you should try to avoid. Gather some energy and go out, explore different things, meet new people and take your daily dose of sunshine which is very important for you in terms of your vitamin D supplements.

Try to follow your regular routine as much as possible. This keeps you busy in productive things and you are avoided from indulging in negative thoughts.

4. Pet Therapy

Pet therapy is one the most important natural way to overcome depression as you get an unconditional love, support and companion in the form of your pet. They keep you moving all day and give you a good purpose to your life. These specially trained pets are called Emotional Support Animals and you get a license for them to keep them with you at home or anywhere outside.

Yoga in combination with deep breathing is a great activity to perform for a depressed person as it enhances the mood and provide a relaxed mentality.

These are a few natural ways for me to overcome depression. Let me know any other natural remedy that you know.
Hey Alex,

Yes, the above-stated points help us to combat depression. Yoga, Exercise, and Exploring new places helps you to stay happy and calm.

I believe the first thing that should be tried is dealing with the actual cause of the depression before looking at chemical imbalances.

I heard a story the other day on a podcast. Some guy was talking who dealt with depression for years or whatever. And he told a story about going to some non-Western country and talking to some doctors about depression, and the doctors told him a story.

So there was a guy who lost his leg, and this guy was a farmer and couldn't do his farming work anymore, and he was depressed. So the community bought him a cow or a tractor, and then he could do his work now and was not depressed anymore (or at least not as depressed).

Anyway I surely butchered up the story, but the point is clear.

That's what I think about depression :)

Reactions: jfh

jaminhealth

D3 and K2 also...in 2006 I was feeling a little low and this was after I got my thyroid supported, and my sister reminded me of Vit D and I went to get tested and SO LOW...so I've been s upplementing since 2006.....millions are deficient in Vit D.

Jadee777

One of the best ways I overcome my depression and anxious thoughts is to study one of my agates or rocks and just look at all the beauty it has, look deep into its depths, see what mineral inclusions there are, sense it's energy. I will give you a couple of pictures to see what I mean and bring a little beauty and light into your day 💖

010 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG
Can you see the heart imprint on lower right side? ☺

Best Side

1. Exercise

4. Pet Therapy

With depression i think you need to find the source first before you think of other solution.

The above ways can work for someone and might not work for another.

jfh

perpetual student
One of the best ways I overcome my depression and anxious thoughts is to study one of my agates or rocks and just look at all the beauty it has, look deep into its depths, see what mineral inclusions there are, sense it's energy. I will give you a couple of pictures to see what I mean and bring a little beauty and light into your day 💖
That's great for you. It's a form of meditation. Meditation has historically played a big role in mental wellbeing. Keep it up. And welcome to the forum.

jaminhealth

There are the ups and downs of life depressions and they come and go. One has to know this and realize it's temporary and we work thru so much...I have and at 82 I can talk a lot.

There is clinical depression, and I went thru that in 1991 to 2002 and it was sluggish thyroid that was not being helped by all the docs I was seeing....kept throwing the drugs, they only go by numbers....We are NOT numbers.

Then I finally talked to a D.O. I was seeing for my back issues and he knew right away, old time doc, never did labs and put me on a low theraputic dose of Armour in 2002 and depression was GONE in 4 days.....all those wasted years and Numbers...B.S.

Now since I'm using HGH homeopathic gel going on 2 yrs, I'm about ready to get rid of the medication as there is a dose of thyroid solution in the HGH...and I've already reduced my higher dose to half and now soon will reduce more...

I pendulum dowse and muscle test and trust these protocols a lot.

jaminhealth

And another thing to look into is a low dose of Iodine which can also support thyroid and help with depression. I've been doing low dose Iosol for at least 10 yrs...