Muscle pain in arm is constant

Ruth

I have tried physical therapy for the arm pain and some of it related to nerve pain is gone but the pain on the top of my arm remains no matter what I do. I have found that doing some of the physical therapy helps some to regain some strength in my arm but have to always watch which way I pick my arm up and move it. I wonder if anyone has used any kinds of ointments that help it. I'd like to get something that is not expensive, too, as I have to budget strictly now.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Sorry to hear you're having such pain Ruth. I don't have any extreme pain, and usually muscle strains as opposed to nerve pain. CBD balm gives some relief, but is very expensive. I don't plan on buying any more once my tin is empty.

I've had good results from Magnesium Oil, which isn't as pricey, but it is composed of mineral sea salts and can be itchy on the skin, especially in certain areas. It is great for cramps and muscle pain though, the itching can be lessened by applying body lotion over the area.

If I use it on my feet or hands, no itching, on my back areas I have to apply the lotion. I've tried all kinds of store bought creams, regular and natural, they all just give a certain degree of relief, nothing, for me anyway, takes the pain away completely.

Bathing in epsom salts is also good for muscle pain, not sure about nerve related problems. Good luck, hope your arm pain gets better soon.

Ruth

Original Poster
Thank you. I'm going to write down Magnesium Oil. This is the first I've ever heard of it. Glad something works for you!

ozzie

I really feel for you Ruth,as I had a bad fall a month ago and landed very heavily on my right shoulder, and thought I had broken my shoulder blade I had ultrasound on it but thankfully nothing broken, I am only now just starting to be able to use my arm more,the only thing I found to help with the pain was panadol or disprin.
Last year I had 9 treatments of laser acupuncture for bursitis of my right hip, lucky here as I was able to get it on medicare bulk billing being a pensioner.I still get the bursitis but I don't get the agonising pain with it any more,i was thinking of getting it for my shoulder as well but it is improving so will give it a miss for now.
I think I might give the magnesium oil a try though as well.
I hope you soon find something to help you Ruth
Is yours frozen shoulder ?

Ruth

Original Poster
Sorry you got so hurt in the fall. What is Panadol? No, my shoulder is not frozen. I have muscle mass loss due to cirrhosis of the liver and it shows up in various muscles, arms being the worst right now.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Ozzie, good to see you again. I'm sorry to hear about your fall and injury. Glad the laser treatments helped your bursitis and relieved some of the pain.

ozzie

Good to be back Kind2creatures,apart from trying to remember passwords, a lot has been happening the last few years.
The laser acupuncture was a real help,and the acupuncture Dr also recomended I take 3000 mg of fish oil daily for inflamation and pain.

Ruth panadol is just an over the counter paracetamol, but I mainly take them for head aches if I get one.

Rosiecont

The most common cause of arm muscle pain is over exertion, which is clinically known as myalgia. Many diseases, such as autoimmune diseases, can also cause pain in the arm muscles.

Ruth

Original Poster
The most common cause of arm muscle pain is over exertion, which is clinically known as myalgia. Many diseases, such as autoimmune diseases, can also cause pain in the arm muscles.
I don't over exert my arm that's for sure but yes having certain diseases can cause the arm muscle pain.

Ruth

Original Poster
Ruth I was wondering if you have tried a copper bracelet, I dont have a bracelet.
I have one of these that my daughter gave me when I was having trouble with my knee, they are quite good,but you must not use them if you have a pacemaker for your heart,its like having mild electic shocks,sort of like a tens machine.
Accupuncture Pen Massage Pen Energy Pen Relief Pain Tool Meridian Therapy 2019 | eBay
No, never tried a copper bracelet but I think my father did. Not sure how it worked for him. He was heavily into alternative medicine and lived to be 82. Thanks for the link!

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
My mother in law used to wear a few copper rings on her fingers for arthritis, she said they helped.

jaminhealth

I think the copper jewelry is hit and miss. My bro wore a bracelet for years as he's a golfer and lots of back and arm pains.

My favorite pain topicals are Ultra Tiger Balm, Topricin Homeopathic for Pain and I use some CBD but don't feel it does enough for me. I deal with bodywide OA. And supposedly Fibromyalgia. And mess from hip replacement.

Aspercream with Lidocaine does a good job too.

Lilly-bo

I have tried physical therapy for the arm pain and some of it related to nerve pain is gone but the pain on the top of my arm remains no matter what I do. I have found that doing some of the physical therapy helps some to regain some strength in my arm but have to always watch which way I pick my arm up and move it. I wonder if anyone has used any kinds of ointments that help it. I'd like to get something that is not expensive, too, as I have to budget strictly now.
My advice is to avoid dairy too much Calcium in the is pushed it to the soft tissue causing joint pain.
300 mgs by Viridian will heal your body
Warm regards Margaret

Ruth

Original Poster
My advice is to avoid dairy too much Calcium in the is pushed it to the soft tissue causing joint pain.
300 mgs by Viridian will heal your body
Warm regards Margaret
300 mg. of what?