Miserably Coooold Weather!

EarlyBird

Golly geewhiz it's bitter cold today! Extreme winds, whirling snow and temps
in low teens, wind chills in single digits. Looking for some relief by Sunday!
Could be worse of course; I could live in Wisconsin! LOL!
Global Warming - where Are you? It would be greatly appreciated if you would
show yourself NOW!

Matrix

Admin
Global warming doesn't make it warmer, it makes the weather extreme. We are gonna have two seasons only - Summer and Winter. :(

Mad Scientest

Of course we are in this period of climate change, It goes from cold to warming to hot then to cooling and back to cold again. All in the span of one year. :D:D

Was 1 degree F this morning.

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Low teens sounds like a heat wave to me!

Try 20 below at night and 5 degrees in the day time!
Not much snow yet. Just bitter cold and
sometimes the wind is ruthless, but we see a warming
trend coming this weekend up to 32 to 37.
Time again to do outdoor chores!:)

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
It's been cold here too. Zero to minus zero temps at night, and single digits in daytime. Windchill factors = super cold. Today was high in the low 20's and sunny...Oh Happy Day!!:D

EarlyBird

Original Poster
A good time to head to Arizona; my friend there says they are due 70* temps
in a day or so. Gosh, that sounds good!

jfh

perpetual student
Maybe I made a mistake to retire in the central TX area. 60 days of 100+ degree weather in the summer (record breaking). Now, when it is supposed to be in the 60s, record breaking cold. Supposed to be in the 70s for 2 days then back to the cold again. Up. Down. Up. Down.

And what happened to our hurricanes this year?

This reminds me of how our bodies have so many mechanisms to compensate for pH. The climate seems to over adjust though.

jw8725

This past week has been very nasty here in England. I'm one of those that absolutely hates the snow. I nearly rolled the car coming home the other day. Scary moment.

nightowl

Beloved enlightener...always with us in spirit
I call snow that white stuff in chicken poo...'scuse me, but I spent too many years digging myself out of snow and freezing cold weather! I did like the first drive in winter wonderland though, when everything was covered in a few inches of snow and I was the only one crazy enough to be out in it...so peaceful!

EarlyBird

Original Poster
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bone chilling cold and windy, heading for nights in single digits and barely 20* days
for the New Year 2010! Rain, sleet, snow on it's way! Soup and Chile makin' time, Folks.
Get ready to hibernate! LOL!

jfh

perpetual student
It's official. Texas has had the coldest November ever recorded; and records have been kept as far back as when Texas was a nation (1800s).

Kevin is right. We, at least, did not have a Spring or Autumn this year.

just me

Sounds like those folks who said we were going into another iceage might have been right!!!! JFH, Normally I would have said that you might need to move further south Texas.... We have alot of the heat, but not normally the freezing cold.. But this winter, it has been nasty cold, and we have seen more freezing weather then I have ever seen before in my twenty years down here. And while yes, we still had hot weather, it didnt seem to last near as long as what it used to...January use to start our rainy season, but we have had rain all month... Now, Im not complaining tho, I am thankful for any rain we get... considering how many of the states have been having droughts!! I just really really dont like cold.... My thyroid issues and cold weather just dont mix!!!

jfh

perpetual student
Sounds like those folks who said we were going into another iceage might have been right!!!! JFH, Normally I would have said that you might need to move further south Texas.... We have alot of the heat, but not normally the freezing cold.. But this winter, it has been nasty cold, and we have seen more freezing weather then I have ever seen before in my twenty years down here. And while yes, we still had hot weather, it didnt seem to last near as long as what it used to...January use to start our rainy season, but we have had rain all month... Now, Im not complaining tho, I am thankful for any rain we get... considering how many of the states have been having droughts!! I just really really dont like cold.... My thyroid issues and cold weather just dont mix!!!
No thanks just me. I saw that snow you had recently. Central TX did not. But in the summer, we did have 2 months where the temp did not get below 100. I'm not kidding. Record breaking. However, you guys have excessive humidity. El Nino is likely the cause of this strange weather.

EarlyBird

Original Poster
El Nino!

Yeah, I think at least one of our TV Weather fellas remarked that El Nino was the basis of our weather patters right now.

EarlyBird

Original Poster
My friend in Arizona emailed me yesterday that they had snow falling there;
she said it looked so pretty and very rare.
Here in N. Ky. we're on our 9th day in a row of gloom, grey, rain, occassional fog.
Snow showers due again next Monday and Tuesday.

jfh

perpetual student
Here in central Texas. Pipe bursting deep freeze last week. Past few days mid to upper 70s (23C). Next week lower 60s (15C).

Someone needs to give Mother Nature an aspirin or white willow bark or something. This roller coaster plus cedar fever is sickening.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Here in Colorado, it's springtime in the Rockies! Taking my daily walks with my furkids, I've been only in a sweatshirt. There's still snowcover in my yard from the last snowfall, but it's mostly in the shade, will take a long time to melt. We had some frigid temps so far this year, but they weren't very unusual, and a day in winter with the sun shining is quite delightful! :D

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
I haven't been here very long but neighbors say we are having a more mild winter here In our part of Idaho. Fair amount of snow but not the 6 foot drifts they are accustom to. Weather has been warmer with less wind also. Everyone is quite pleased. We have had several nights of fog which is kinda strange. Not cold enought to snow but the fog freezes in am and makes thick frost crystals all over everything.

DH went ice fishing this morning. He brought back 6 salmon yesterday am. Took him about a hour to catch the limit which is high. An unusual amount of Salmon happening.

EarlyBird

Original Poster
Fog!

We've had fog problems everyday for a week too; makes for driving
problems in the mornings for people heading to work. I am sooo sick
of rainy/gloomy days.
Glad you're getting free Salmon, Arrow!