kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I like Manuka Honey, but rarely buy it because of the high price. Here's some info on its benefits...

Throughout history, honey has played an important role in cultures around the world not only as a food, but also as a medicine. And manuka honey in particular, which is derived from the nectar collected by honey bees that forage the manuka bushes (Leptospermum scoparium) of New Zealand, contains unique antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, stomach-healing, wound-repairing, and overall health-promoting properties that make it an amazing "superfood" worthy of further investigation.

Though it has not nearly received the level of attention it truly deserves, manuka honey high in "unique manuka factor" (UMF) is a therapeutic healing food that can be used in a variety of applications both internally and externally. And it is this UMF, which can run as high as 20 percent total content in some higher quality varieties, that makes manuka honey uniquely medicinal.

According to Dr. Ralf Schlothauer, Ph.D., CEO of Comvita, New Zealand's largest supplier of medical manuka honey, UMF is a concentration of unique antioxidant phenols present in manuka honey that directly inhibits bacterial growth and promotes healing. And unlike synthetic antibiotics, UMF does not promote the growth and spread of antibiotic-resistant superbugs, which makes it highly effective at treating wounds, burns, and other skin problems that would otherwise be prone to serious infection.

Learn more: https://www.naturalnews.com/035959_manuka_honey_healing_medicine.html#ixzz1vpds5o8l

ozzie

I know some friends of mine even Nebulise it for treating infections with their Bronchiectasis.