Lungs / Chronic Coughing - any suggestions?

Minu

Hello all.

My name is Rachel, 29. Female obviously, overweight due to a shoulder injury but getting back into shape.

Anyways as a kid - thanks to my idiot doctor - whom told my mother is was only the flu I ended up with pneumonia in both lungs [spent 2 weeks in an actual bubble]. But it made me prone to upper respiratory infections [including pneumonia right lung again] for years. I am not as bad as I have been since starting some supplements and herbs - change in diet - but there's a problem.

I have a chronic cough. It is worst in the mornings and sometimes accompanied by a wheeze.

I don't want to do asthma treatments - my friend has his PhD in COPD and talking to him I won't do traditional stuff [puffers, etc.] unless I have no other say.

So symptoms:

chronic cough

occasional wheezing

I do get allergies / stuffed nose
when I do cough stuff up it's a sort of bubbly phlegm [heart issue (LDL/HDL and blood pressure are of no concern) or just bad oxygen intake]

When I catch a cold I can physically feel it - the right lung / side aches.

Any suggestions? A way to increase oxygen / blood intake to the lungs.

Like I said, I am getting back into shape but as I had this even when in shape a "backup" would be nice.

Ted_Hutchinson

The daily vitamin D3 dose I have detailed in previous reply in the muscle pain post, will also improve your natural immune function and improve lung function so when your 25(OH)D is in the optimal range your body will be better able to fight infections.

Human DNA is set to produce the anti inflammatory vitamin D3 from dawn to dusk and the anti inflammatory MELATONIN from dusk to dawn. It may help to improve your sleep quality and duration. Mercola has a lot of good articles on improving sleep quality that are worth following up.
Wearing blueblocking glasses in the evening may help as will installing FLUX on your phone/tablet PC and LED display.

There are plenty of lung/breathing exerisers on Ebay/amazon.
but you may also want to experiment with the
Wim Hof Method The Power Breath

Wim Hof method revealed PDF

There are plenty of You Tube videos explaining YOGA BREATHING that will also help but don't forget that regular daily brisk walking outdoors probably achieves a similar effect. Being sedentary leads to shallow breathing and this can lead to chronic low level acidosis, so improving lung function is a good idea for everyone.

But it is really important you get your vitamin D3 levels up to those levels human DNA evolved to work best with and which are typically found in indigenous peoples. At or above 50ng/ml 125nmol/l is the minimum threshold to aim for and to maintain.

Relationship between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin d and pulmonary function in the third national health and nutrition examination survey.

Ted_Hutchinson

I should have pointed out the obvious that if you SMOKE give it up ASP.
Smoking is probably the worst thing you can do to your lungs.
You should also avoid passive smoking which means avoiding the company of people who smoke.
There are other sources of toxic gases and so make sure you use an extractor fan if cooking in the kitchen

Dietary factors and lung function in the general population: wine and resveratrol intake

It will also help to maintain optimal weight. If you are a bit overweight then adopting a low carbohydrate diet is probably the most effective strategy although avoiding ALL GRAINS and SUGARS will also help.
You may want to consider Alternate day fasting as well.

Airway Obstruction Worsens in Young Adults with Asthma Who Become Obese

D Bergy

Since you have had pneumonia in the past, I would treat for mycoplasma pneumonia. It never goes away completely without some kind of intervention.

I had thick yellow phlegm when it was bad. I have used Nutramedix Cumanda to knock it down but in my case it was systematic. I now use Rife frequency treatments to keep it at bay. It also affects my intestinal tract. It can cause asthma also.

Dan