Looking to network with other Natural Medicine enthusiasts! Introductions!

jesiyvonne

Hello there! My name is Jesi and I am receiving my Bachelors of Science in Natural Medicine and am mostly interested in Herbal Medicine/Gardening and Ayurvedic Medicine. After I gain my Bachelors, I plan to start attending school to work on my Ayurvedic Practitioner Certificate. After that I'd like to someday get my PhD in Naturopathy. A bit more about me personally, I am a very happy mother to a baby boy and wife to a loving and supportive husband. :) In my spare time not studying natural medicine, I really enjoy creating mail-art, photography, paintings and reading.

My dream is to one day start an Herbal Medicine/Gardening School with a sliding scale fee so that people who normally do not have the chance to learn herbal medicine can. They could then share this knowledge with their loved ones. I would also offer some distance learning courses. My school and its courses would be unique in that I would not only just teach herbal + Ayurvedic medicine and remedies, but the actual chemistry and philosophy behind these wonderful medical systems. I am looking to connect and network with other budding herbal/Ayurveda students, teachers, and practitioners for advice, support and general friendship!

So I just started this thread to connect with you all and to make some connections between other posters as well! Please reply with a little bit about yourself and your role in Natural Medicine!

I look forward to your replies and getting to know you! Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Welcome to the forum..

so I am wondering, why are you getting a Phd instead of an NMD? NMD will give you far more credibility and ability to treat people also. Believe me, once your head is filled with knowledge you will want to apply it in all directions including treatment.

I have been a nurse for 27 years, a massage therapist and a promoter and educator on alternative medicine. I have studdied homeoapthy and clinical nutrition and I counsel people on nutrition and alternative healing methods. I am now largely retired in that I punch no clock and have become a gardening enthusist, and am seeking to apply alternative methods to gardening.

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Hi Jesi, welcome to the forum! :welcome: Your little one looks very sweet. I've taken supplements and herbs for years now, and I'm just interested in staying healthy as I age. There's some knowledgeable folks here who are truly caring, and the exchange of good information, advice and opinions is what I appreciate most.

Glad to have you on board! :)

tuina

Welcome to the forum!

Your career plan sounds amazing. You clearly have the best motivations. Ayurvedic medicine is a wise choice because it's a complete, intact system.

I have a crazy long-term dream which is to have a natural medicine hospital with healthy food, therapists and holistic exercise classes.

ozzie

Hello jesivonne, welcome, I wish you well with your school, your little boy is cute. :)