Largest Glacier Calving Event Caught on Video

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Awesome footage of glacier calving due to global warming.

jfh

perpetual student
Beautiful. Majesty of nature. ...and Scary.

I've been watch Netflix series by BBC called Planet Earth. BBC just does things better.

It seems like it is too late for us to do anything to stop planet warming now, no matter what we do. The permafrost in areas like Siberia and Alaska are already thawing. They release methane in the process. Methane is 4 times more powerful than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas. This will quickly escalate the situation.

d0ug

Interesting that they have stopped using the term global warming and now call it climate change because as some glaciers are melting others are growing at a fast rate. In Canada the great lakes totally frozen over and you have to go a long ways back in history to find that happening. The eastern US just went through one of the coldest years in history. They are now talking about a new ice age.

jfh

perpetual student
They are now talking about a new ice age.
Yikes! I'm not built for an ice age. I'd much prefer warming. I still don't understand why people, even ancient people, settled in Canada, the Netherlands, Siberia, etc. What's wrong with them? Or what's wrong with me.

I think this is the year that I will try to do something about my cold hands/feet. I remember this problem, since I was a teenager in the 60s. Tried everything for adrenals and thyroid. Now need professional help. Got to get ready for that ice age.

It wasn't that long ago, since there was a mini ice age. I think in the 1800s. No thank you.

But you could be right, D0ug. The ocean conveyor belt could break due to fresh water melting into the salt water.

Solstice Goat

Frater Aegagrus
The sky is falling............

Interesting that they have stopped using the term global warming and now call it climate change because as some glaciers are melting others are growing at a fast rate. In Canada the great lakes totally frozen over and you have to go a long ways back in history to find that happening. The eastern US just went through one of the coldest years in history. They are now talking about a new ice age.

Individuals who rely on 'groupthink' for their own identity love the myth of 'Global Warming'. It also supports the myth that the planet was created shortly before their existence, and they are 'Superheros' with the self appointed duty to save a planet that has evolved from a barren stone in space to a system capable of producing a temporary pack of idiots who think they can alter a cosmic destiny that has been in the works for BILLIONS of years. Most of them cannot even control events within their own lives, let alone something on a galactic scale.

Check this out: The Boring Billion.