It's Raining!! Yay!!

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Can't go to the shore as planned :cry:

But, I won't have to run around outside with the watering can this morning Lol

And best of all, the heat wave we've been experiencing for the past week has been broken (for the time being.) Nice to have the AC off & the windows opened.
I'm gonna run outside & dance around in the rain. Think my neighbors will wonder if I've lost it? :D

EarlyBird

Cooler/Rain!

I know just how you feel, Cookie! :cool: Unfortunately, my area got little rain so
I still have to water my tomato & pepper plants. :( But the temps are a bit
lower and the humidity is less for a day or two. :D They're promising more
rain for 3 days mid next week. I hope! I hope! I hope! :)

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
We had a huge storm pass over central Idaho yesterday delivering hail. Had to run out in the pounding pellets to cover my beds.

Everytime we get a storm here people get very bad weather to the east, floods, tornadoes... I need to figure out exactly where our storms head when they leave here

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
How are your tomato plants doing EarlyBird? Hopefully it will rain more for you (and me! Got my fingers crossed.) The ground is so dry and hard!!

Good grief Arrow! Hope you had an umbrella handy. Hail stings like a b*t*h when you get hit.

just me

hmmmm we have had so much rain, we have been dealing with flooding... and believe it or not, folks are complaining about the rain... I keep telling them, I would rather have the rain then the heat wave... but ya'll are more then welcome to some of this rain if you would like, I dont mind sharing!

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
Flooding is no fun........ugh Thanx for the offer just me. Wish we could actually take you up on it :? :D

EarlyBird

Yeah, our ground is hard and cracked here. Blistering heat hasn't helped
either. I keep putting water out for the poor birds.
My tomatoes are doing great - getting 1 or 2 per day. No hot peppers yet tho. :(
I did buy some big brown eggs - range fed chickens - at the farmer's mkt. on
Friday - $4,00 per doz. I plan to fix 2 this morning for breakfast. :D
A quart of huge blackberries too - $4.00 & absolutely scrumptous! :D :D

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
It rained yesterday morning and as soon as work let out, I ran around with a watering can to push that rain water down more!! :D Then it rained last night and on & off today so everything is lookin' pretty healthy out there now.

Oh my $4 a dozen for eggs. But range fed, brown eggs are worth every penny. The yokes are more orangey, aren't they?

That's great you have tomatoes daily. mmmm I love 'em & can't wait til mine start turning red. My life took a new path over the winter :roll: and I wasn't sure of the ground quality of my new place so veggies aren't an planting option this year. My daughter gave me one of those topsyturvy thingys and so I'm trying it out. Got a bag of organic soil, cheated with a 3" plant from the garden center and hung it on the shed. It's been fun watching it grow!! I'll attach a picture...

Attachments

EarlyBird

I bought one of those topsy-turvy planters but have never used it. :oops:
I'll be glad to know how yours turns out, Cookie. If yours does well and
actually produces something, I'll use mine next year. :)
My area got just a bit of rain after all so I'm back to daily watering with milk
jugs; these 90* temps and high humidity :roll: make everything dry out faster.

Yes, the yolks are bright orangy yellow - delicious eggs! :cool: :D They make
breakfast a real treat! :cool:

EarlyBird

Beastly hot and humid still. :yuck: 90's all week and into the future as far as
can be predicted at this point. :roll: And no rain in sight either. :( I think we
are definitely into global warming. I bought quite a few blemished tomatoes
at the farmer's market yesterday - cheaper and just as good once you slice
the top off. :D I felt so sorry for the farmers stuck under their tents, trying
to sell their produce. These are perfect temps for heat stroke. :roll:

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
There's a tomato starting to turn from green to orangishy yay :D
It's funny because it's supposed to be a cherry, but they look bigger, but not as big as a regular sized tomato.. hmm wonder if it's the soil? Lol
That's what I get for cheatin' with an already started plant.. it said cherry tomato on the spike & was in the section of cherry tomatoes with the rest.
I haven't had chance to water it for the past several days so I'm giving it a good soaking tonight.
mmm I love fresh tomatoes! And love stopping at veggie stands to pick things up to help out the farmers. We have a local teacher who has been growing organic veggies forever so I try to stop at her stand when I'm passing it. It's a goodfaith thingy, take the goods & leave the money in the box.
Yep, gotta be really careful with this weather. A girl from work, who is very active outside daily had to go inside and lay down after almost fainting outside recently. She was then stricken with chills, fever, nausea, and weakness. We told her she probably had heatstroke. Lucky it wasn't worse.

A black n white version of Beauty and the Beast is on. It's so good.

EarlyBird

Predicted rains for last 2 days never materialized after all! :( DRAT!
It has to rain Really Hard for the rain to water my container tomato plants.
My 2 grand daughters came by yesterday and gave them a jug full each;
they were here to help me spot clean my carpets w/"Woolite Heavy Traffic"
Rug cleaner - spray can. That stuff is amazingly good. :D
Cookie, who cares what size tomatoes they are? Any home-grown is better
than store bought. Several of the blemished ones are Huge, cover a slice of
toast - great for sandwiches. Yuuuuum! :D
The farmer's peaches & blackberries I bought are drop-dead delicious too! :D

Cookie

Lovin' life~
Original Poster
aww.. I miss those days with my daughter, watering plants and painting rocks :D
She's just getting married this year so I'm probably going to have to wait awhile before the grandkids come along. :?

I ate my first tomato over the weekend Yay!!! Sprinkled it with a tiny bit of salt & ate it just like that! hahaha