iodine reaction

Naturalman

Wellness Consultant
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
O.K., so I got the Lugol's iodine for a treatment I spoke about in another thread, as suggested by a couple of contributors. I thought, before I actually try this stuff I'll paint a spot on my wife's arm to see if she's iodine deficient. Well, she had a reaction with a blistery rash!
I did a little research and I found that it's not exactly an allergy to iodine because an actual allergy is much more severe but she definately had a reaction.
Other than an antihistomine which is a suggested treatment, does anyone know of anything I can put on the spot to reverse the reaction? I'm thinking she'll probably just have to let it run its course but I'm open to suggestions.
I think I read that starch can be an antidote. Anyone know?
 

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
I'm sorry this happened. It is pretty rare that people get this reaction so you will likely not find an antidote in time and it will have to run its course.

I am wondering if she is allergic to seafood.

And I am wondering also if she would have the same type of reaction to common betadine iodine that you find in the drug store and is so commonly used. If she can tolerate a seafood dinner, (especially shellfish) and if betadine does not cause a skin reaction then there may be something about Lugol's peculiar to her. Something about the potassium and iodine combination.

If she does tolerate betadine and a seafood dinner well then you can assume that she is not allergic to iodine, in which case a trial of nassient iodine might be worth a try. I don't know where to purchase it but Mark Sircus comes to mind, but a search will find it for you regardless. Nassient iodine has no potassium and is purified in some kind of way and I think considered gentle for small children.... I should learn more about that product.... Marc Sircus' website will have info I think. Others here might chime in.
http://imva.info/
.
.
 

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
http://magneticclay.com/store/nascent-iodine-supplement-1.aspx

This page explains it. It says it is paramagnetic mineral which surprised me. I am just begining to understand paramagnetic minerals. Nightowl told me about paramagnetic minerals to add to your garden and house plants so I bought 10# and split it with my neighbor.. We tried them out on her very sick house plants. They went gangbusters in about 2 weeks. We were stunned. Might be reason here for me to purchase some of this NASCENT Iodine.
 

Naturalman

Wellness Consultant
Joined
Feb 26, 2010
Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. It's not life threatening; it's just a nuisance. If she had a real allergy she'd be in the hospital about now as it can result in some pretty scary resperatory reactions.
She's never been able to wear jewelry around her neck and she always had to put something over the snaps on her jeans. Her skin is very sensitive. She even turned all red where the medical tape was holding some gauze on.
I'm sure she'll get over it in a few days but was just wondering if anyone knew of something that would help. I put some of the Lugol's on my forearm and let it set for about a half hour. Then I sliced a potato and put the slice over the iodine. It drew it right out and turned the potato slice black. So, I put a potato slice on her but it didn't have the same reaction...interesting!
 

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Just be careful. A skin reaction can precede a full allergic response during a different exposure. For instance some people have a sensitivity to pennicillin and they don't get really sick. But the docs known If they take it again it could kill them. so they will seek a different antibiotic. You never know with stuff like this...
 


Top