Intraductal Papilloma

Chatterbox

Since age 26-27,I've had a Aqua,clear and Milky white Fluid in both Breasts.My previous Physician ordered a Culture/smear,Ultrasound and Mammogram.Each Test returned "normal".I didn't have a Diagnosis until my current Physician told me it is Intraductal Papilloma.He lets it go as if there isn't anything that can be done.Is there a Treatment?

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Iodine

Since age 26-27,I've had a Aqua,clear and Milky white Fluid in both Breasts.My previous Physician ordered a Culture/smear,Ultrasound and Mammogram.Each Test returned "normal".I didn't have a Diagnosis until my current Physician told me it is Intraductal Papilloma.He lets it go as if there isn't anything that can be done.Is there a Treatment?
Iodine may be something to consider, this is from curezone.

Breast Health
Iodine and Other Nutrients Play a Crucial Role

Jorge D. Flechas M.D., M.P.H.

Iodine’s Supportive Role

Back in the early 1990s it was noted that patients who had Iodine deficiency had associated benign breast changes. By giving these patient’s iodine the breast changes that were present would regress.2 It had been noticed a few years earlier that in animal studies, where the animal had been denied access to iodine, the animals developed benign breast changes like humans.3-5 In animal studies, researchers have been able to produce breast cancer in animals by depriving them of iodine.4

In my own personal medical practice I have literally seen the regression of cysts, nodules, scar tissue, and painful breast with the use of 50 mg of Iodoral® per day for 2-3 years. The breast pain goes away in just a few weeks, but the cyst/cysts, scar tissue and breast nodules take up to 2 to 3 years to resolve. On mammograms I have seen a 50 to 80 percent reduction in the scar tissue present in the breast. Studies are needed to show via biopsy that the many different types of FBD will regress with iodine supplementation.

Before starting on iodine therapy, a patient should have their thyroid hormone values investigated. A doctor should check the size of the thyroid for enlargement and or nodules. An iodine-loading test should also be done prior to starting iodine therapy to establish the need for iodine therapy. In this test the patient is given 50 mg of iodine and a 24-hour urine test is then collected. The iodine level in the urine is measured. The more saturated the body is with iodine the higher the level of iodine excreted. The more saturated the body is, the less breast abnormalities have been seen. The test is repeated at 3 months to document increasing saturation. If saturation is not occurring then further investigation is called for to find out why saturation isn’t happening.