I'm Seeking a Supplement Regime to Improve My ADHD Focus from Someone with ADHD

Noitartst

I've got Aspergers, as well as ADD/ADHD. I'm thirty-eight years young, plus possessor of Medicare/Medicaid, which obviously limits my options, but causes me to come here, for cheap, plentiful--and hopefully effective--advice, especially as concerns naturopathy--and other treatments aimed at alleviating my ADD, plus dissociation, specifically emotional numbness.

More to the point, I'm trying to see if I can cure my main ADD/ADHD issue via supplement, which is my lack of mental concentration; I can't seem to focus more than three hours at a time, and I have a horrendous time shifting gears. I do a lot of body rocking, and have so all my life, but I really wish I could focus ten hours straight, on a task, but am open to see it is a reflection of a chemical imbalance.

Also, I'm trying to find help for emotional numbness, which I've had for over ten years, be it in therapy (primarily) or otherwise.

I'd try to talk to a nonsalesman naturopath about how to address these symptoms, but I can't afford a naturopath; even their reduced rates are exorbitant, and Medicare/Medicaid doesn't cover naturopathy. As a result, though, I've gone online, seeking wise counsel over the following things, 'n more.

Key supplements considered for ADD 'n concentration:
Magnesium
B12

Key depression treatments I'm considering:
lithium (orotate)
Ketamine

Key mental health therapies:
Cimbs
Brain
Brainspottting

Already tried:
A whole lotta serotonin drugs.

jinni

there are 2 people that you might want to research one is Yuri Nikolayev and the other Abram Hoffer,
yuri used fasting for 25 days with a cure rate of 70% for scitzophrenia and Hoffer used nutritional therapy over the course of several months for an 80% cure rate in all brain disorders.

I think most brain disorders are toxin build up in the brain and then secondly abuse which alters the pathways in the brain,

one essential thing is to remove any mercury fillings you might have, the easiest way to do this is fast which after about 2 weeks will start to melt the mercury out of your teeth if you are going to fast you should take chlorella for 2 weeks before you begin to fast in order to remove heavy metals out of your body about 10-15 grams a day. and do not use spirulina which can be toxic.

you should not use serotonin boosters you should use l -tryptophan instead this allows the body to make the serotonin as and when it needs it instead of providing a continual supply which normally leads to serotonin syndrome, HTP is also a no no as this causes serotonin syndrome.

molybdenum is another handy nutrient for adhd but to get genuine nutrition you would need to eat real food which can only be got from fruit that you pick yourself,
no fertilisers pesticides or hybridised fruit and veggies

Noitartst

Original Poster
That is worth researching; I will look into that. How to figure out if I have them? Also, I'm on a low-income budget, so that is part of it. I don't wanna spend a lotta time, either. but this is a good start, in any event; thank you.

In any case, after I straighten my diet out, I think I'll be ready for supplements, because I've limited funds, and I feel better, off gluten, in any event, but it could be I just am eating better, in general, more nuts, salad, etc.

Mike65Denver

I was poisoned by toxic fumes at a job. I have tried all kinds of diets and supplements trying to fix myself. The primary objective is to eat high energy living foods. This raises the energy of all electrons in the body. Pasteurized conventionally grown orange juice is low energy dead food. Raw organic orange is high energy living food. Cooked conventional egg is low energy dead food. Raw pastured egg is high energy living food. I eat raw organic fruit, raw wildflower honey, and raw organic whole cane sugar for carbs. I eat raw pastured eggs, raw whey concentrate, Neptune's Harvest fish hydrolysate, chia seeds, and unrefined red palm oil for fat and protein. I make homemade water kefir. I make 2 superfood smoothies per day. The supplements I take are tmg, msm, beta alanine, niacin, K1 sublingual, 5000 units D3, and 25000 units Vit A from fish liver oil. I breathe in ozone from a generator 20 min 4 times a day. Watch raw food videos for inspiration and study David Avocado Wolfe for superfood expertise. Then prepare to blast off into the stratosphere of optimal functioning.

Noitartst

Original Poster
I was poisoned by toxic fumes at a job. I have tried all kinds of diets and supplements trying to fix myself. The primary objective is to eat high energy living foods. This raises the energy of all electrons in the body. Pasteurized conventionally grown orange juice is low energy dead food. Raw organic orange is high energy living food. Cooked conventional egg is low energy dead food. Raw pastured egg is high energy living food. I eat raw organic fruit, raw wildflower honey, and raw organic whole cane sugar for carbs. I eat raw pastured eggs, raw whey concentrate, Neptune's Harvest fish hydrolysate, chia seeds, and unrefined red palm oil for fat and protein. I make homemade water kefir. I make 2 superfood smoothies per day. The supplements I take are tmg, msm, beta alanine, niacin, K1 sublingual, 5000 units D3, and 25000 units Vit A from fish liver oil. I breathe in ozone from a generator 20 min 4 times a day. Watch raw food videos for inspiration and study David Avocado Wolfe for superfood expertise. Then prepare to blast off into the stratosphere of optimal functioning.
How to get raw pastured eggs? What are they, as opposed to regular, supermarket eggs, and how to get them?As to "optimal function," I'm on welfare, and cannot afford it. Ifunction well enough to gain a job, I'll be happy ,adn I've got pretty good health, as is.

Mike65Denver

I was homeless, sleeping in shelters and camping out. I had so many diseases even my diseases had diseases. I had nightmares every night. I suffered terribly for many years. I know what it is like to have nerves that go all scatty whompus and a brain the gets discombobulated.

I had zero income for many years. I am 65 years old. I have spent 10 years studying and experimenting with natural products. I'll tell you exactly what you must do to fix yourself, Eating the evil food that wicked masterminds make and then taking supplements won't fix you. You must eat God's Goodies, the food that wild animals eat. Believe in God and eat His Goodies, my motto. I know it costs more. It costs more because it has more nutrients, nutrients that franken food lacks, a lack of those nutrients is causing your predicament. First get some organic bananas.

They cost the least, have the most sugar, and contain a rare fiber that is extremely beneficial to the digestive system. Wait for them to get very ripe. Eat the fruit , scrape the peels with a knife and eat the scrapings. I cannot emphasize this enough you absolutely must eat raw eggs. The egg turns into an animal because it has special nutrients, special nutrients that you must get raw. Eat as many as you can afford. I weigh 180 lbs. and eat 4 per day. A pastured egg is 75% greens and bugs and 25% organic grains.

Organic eggs have less pasture. Some companies cheat. The way you can tell is when the yolk is firm and orange it's good and when the yolk is soft and yellow then don't eat it. Sometimes during the winter they change. I get organic valley at the present time cause they are reputable and they are on sale at Natural Grocers for 25 cents apiece. Crack the egg into a cup and swallow. Don't stir or blend.

Make adjustment on the supplements according to your weight. I aim for 30 grams fat, 60 grams protein, and 500 grams carbs. For more fat take unrefined red palm oil. For omega 3 take chia seeds. You can eat them whole and the nutrients are bioavailable. For more protein get a gallon of Neptune's Harvest Fish Hydrolysate on line or at a garden center. It's stabilized so you can store at room temperate. It's approximately 50% protein. I take 60 grams per day. This is a very beneficial supplement, mostly raw enzymatically digested organs, glandulars, connective tissue, and 9% raw unrefined fish oil for just 1 cent a gram.

It doesn't get any better than that. 5000 units D3, 25000 units A from fish liver oil, and 1 tab K1 sublingual. It is important to take these three nutrients with some fat, get them in the right dosages, and proper proportions, 1 gram opti msm 3 times per day, and niacin 1/2 gram 3 times per day. Get natural sea salt. I buy supplements on the internet in bulk. They are reasonable this way. When you have some extra money buy other types of raw organic fruit. Watch raw food videos. They can explain to you why raw organic fruit is the best food. I know natural nutrition is expensive and complicated but it all has to do with the way food effects cellular biology. Eat bad food the wrong way and we get sick. Eat good food the right way and we become calm and cognitive.

Noitartst

Original Poster
Ascorbic Vitamin C, vs. ascorbate--which is superior? I want to to buy the most powerful typ,e and try John Gray's cure for Parkinson's/ADHD, etc. Also,do you know about lysosomal Vitamin C?

Beyond that, what do you know of glutathione, sulphoraphane, and boosting glutathione production, in the body?

Mike65Denver

Vitamin C requires cofactors so an isolate supplement is not effective and a waste of time and money. Either get raw organic citrus fruit, scrape the peel for the bioflavonoids, or get the super foods camu camu or acerola cherry. Get organic broccoli sprout powder for sulphoraphane. The best way to get glutathione is with raw pastured eggs and msm. Egg has the best type of amino acid for making glutathione. It is delicate and sensitive to heat and stirring. Egg also has selenium. Selenium and methyl from msm increase the amount of time glutathione stays active.

Noitartst

Original Poster
MSM? What be that? Can I buy broccoli sprout powder in the supermarket, or a health food store? I was to told broccoli sprout powder ain't as good as broccoli sprouts, and takes away some of the benefits, but I need to see if enough sulphoraphane make a difference, with my aspergers symptoms.

Noitartst

Original Poster
MSM is a form of DSM, or MDSM, or whatever? Isn't it that compound where its factory workers benefited just from being around the plant? And it's absorbable through the skin?

It think I've heard of this.

So, you recommend this, because it is anti-inflammatory, in general. Sounds like it should work similar to sulphoraphane; that why you are recommending it? Haven't heard any about it and brain inflammation specifically, however.

Noitartst

Original Poster
Well, I've found a source for raw, pastured eggs. As for organic bananas, I don't know.

What does the ozone generator do, specifically?

For the record, something seems to have kicked in for me, yesterday. I have greater calm, more ability to relax, and yes, a little more energy. I think it's because of all the sulfur, or sulphoraphane, that I've been taking, through a diet heavy in avocado, walnuts, almonds, and onion. I've also laid off sugar in the last week, and that could be it, but I doubt it. Yesterday, especially last evening, I just felt inordinately good. Thoughts? I've been eating plenty brown rice, but I doubt it be that...

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
Well, I've found a source for raw, pastured eggs. As for organic bananas, I don't know.

For the record, something seems to have kicked in for me, yesterday. I have greater calm, more ability to relax, and yes, a little more energy. I think it's because of all the sulfur, or sulphoraphane, that I've been taking, through a diet heavy in avocado, walnuts, almonds, and onion. I've also laid off sugar in the last week, and that could be it, but I doubt it. Yesterday, especially last evening, I just felt inordinately good. Thoughts? I've been eating plenty brown rice, but I doubt it be that...
They sell organic bananas at many supermarkets and health food stores where I live, not hard to find at all.

Good to hear you're feeling a bit better, and I bet it is related to your diet mentioned. Laying off the sugar is excellent and I trust it has a LOT to do with the way you feel.

My friend had an autistic son, and along with some herbal treatments he took the boy off sugar, the result he said was amazing. He felt sorry for his son on this birthday and bought him a sweet sheetcake, the boy went backwards in his progress. My friend swore, no more sweets, not worth it.

Mike65Denver

Ozone generator

Ozone is ormus oxygen. They say it irritates the lungs and sinuses. But they don't say why it doesn't irritate the other tissues. I figured it was because the ozone was burning off the toxins from pollution. The ozone irritated my lungs and sinuses for approximately 10 days. I'm 65 years old. Then my lungs and sinuses felt rejuvenated. I do 4 sessions of 20 minutes per day blowing the ozone in my face with an ozone generator of 4000mg/hr that costs $70. The ozone gives me much more energy than plain oxygen. Whole Foods has whole trade bananas for 50 cents/pound. They are grown exactly the same as organic. MSM is a methyl donor. It mops up the pollution when burning fuel in the mitochondria. Athletes take msm for increased endurance. Old people take msm as an anti-aging supplement The sulfur is also very beneficial. I take 1gram 3 timer per day. I weigh 180.

Noitartst

Original Poster
They sell organic bananas at many supermarkets and health food stores where I live, not hard to find at all.

Good to hear you're feeling a bit better, and I bet it is related to your diet mentioned. Laying off the sugar is excellent and I trust it has a LOT to do with the way you feel.

My friend had an autistic son, and along with some herbal treatments he took the boy off sugar, the result he said was amazing. He felt sorry for his son on this birthday and bought him a sweet sheetcake, the boy went backwards in his progress. My friend swore, no more sweets, not worth it.
Well, I've not gone completely of sugar; I've had raisins, sweetened shredded coconut on my brown rice, as well as dark chocolate morsels, but nothing heavy in corn syrup.

I also had gluten today, for the first time in weeks, in two McChickens, from McDonalds. I am still eating lots of rice, and I know not, if the I'm allergic to gluten; maybe, I'm just eating healthier, and having a lot of sulfur, in it, was what I missed.

I'm gonna eat some rolls, soon, and see how I fare.

Noitartst

Original Poster
They say to go for four days heavy in what you're avoiding, and that's rolls, plus honey bunches of oats.

Also, I'm wondering about removing grains as a whole from my diet, as some have recommended, but if I did, replace 'em with what? More fruits, like bananas and raisins, but I know no more beyond that; as is, I probably am in no position, to try.

Also, I'm gonna try taking grapeseed with ascorbate vitamin C; that has cofactors, unlike the ascorbic, yes...?

Mike65Denver

I am 65 years old. I've learned a thing or two. The most important thing I've learned is going raw. We have been conditioned to eat cooked food. Eating cooked food is a bad habit to break because everybody else is eating cooked food. I can tell you this from my own experience you won't get well eating cooked food. Wild animals don't eat cooked food. Stop believing the total b.s. that sugar is bad. Microbes in the soil change inorganic minerals into organic minerals. The microbes give the minerals to the plant and the plant gives carbon sugars to the microbes. Minerals and carbon sugars are the fundamental basis of all life on earth. Every day I eat 3 lbs. of organic bananas. I also eat raw wildflower honey. I make 1 quart of homemade water kefir from 60 grams of raw organic sucanet. When the kefir is done fermenting I add 60 more grams of sucanet and 60 grams refined organic sugar. I drink 1 pint 2 timer per day. I also eat a variety of other raw organic fruit. For protein and fat I eat 4 raw pastured eggs, 2 tsp. raw unrefined red palm oil, and 60 grams raw enzymatically digested Neptune's Harvest Fish Fertilizer. I drink superfood smoothies and take sport supplements. I encourage you to experiment with the raw food program. The 80/10/10 program was begun by the nutritionist to Martina Navratilova.

Noitartst

Original Poster
What is kefir? I know, for the record, of the importance of fermented foods, mainly veggies, but what ones, and where to find them? Or make them?

As to water, I drink from tap, because I cannot afford otherwise. I try to avoid drinking from plastic, though.

I'll get me bananas, but as to sugar, what about brown sugar? What honey is best, and as to molasses, I hear good things, about it, especially the blackstrap variety.

Thoughts? I came across "organic," molasses, but it was in a plastic jar, so I doubt its seriousness.

As is, I feel an especial drawing to avocados, onions, walnuts, which are all high on sulphoraphane. I'm especially looking now for foods high in B6, and magnesium, which is interesting, given it affects sleep if you don't have much, which I suffer from; I hear they are all needed for deficiencies with Aspergers, plus ADD/ADHD. I'm trying to see if I still need more sulphoraphane, in supplements, or what, but I hear those with Aspergers need a LOT.

I read up, on sucanat, too; I will look into it--so it is better than molasses, then? Good; what minerals, vitamins, and the like are they healthy in?

I also really need to organize, what I think I need, and find food, or supplements, to provide them.

What do you think of macadamia, and brazil nuts? Also, what works, for getting zinc?

Also: Are refried beans, any good?

jinni73

MSM? What be that? Can I buy broccoli sprout powder in the supermarket, or a health food store? I was to told broccoli sprout powder ain't as good as broccoli sprouts, and takes away some of the benefits, but I need to see if enough sulphoraphane make a difference, with my aspergers symptoms.
you do not get anything good in a supermarket the owners of these multi national conglomerates have no other interests other than making more money from their other businesses,
therefore they pollute the food we eat in order to sell you products from their pharmaceuticals divisions (There are only a handful of corporations across our entire planet there have been 2 independent studies carrired out which have proved this as their are only 10 banks in the world i imagine that there are only 10 corporations)

basically our world is controlled by mega rich families that want to keep their money so this means they keep you down by poisoning the food water and air, just do your research on fluoride and you will see it is nuclear waste and then you have got chlorine or now its chloramine which is even more toxic LOL the tap water is rubbish between 4-5 ppm fluoride in it this is enough to kill some people if they have kidney problems and they drink enough water, flouoride smashes the kidneys if they are not working at 100% fluoride also causes 20 cancers as well as inhibiting iodine uptake your body uses iodine to kill cancer it damages the thyroids and the best one of all is that inhibits melatonin production which is needed to create amelioblasts which puts the outer layer of enamel on your teeth so it in fact makes your teeth weaker never ever trust your government they are full of some of teh lowest forms of life on this planet believe me i know i have been fighting them for 6 years
you can freeze the water for 3 hours after you boil it up to 90 celsius no more this creates a thin layer of ice all around the water scrape this out and this is the most toxic then you wait another 10 or so hours and the water has seperated into the lighter water molecules at the top and the toxins below you then need to work out a way to syphon off the water
so the only way to guarantee real food is to pick or grow it yourself all veggies in the supermarket are hybridised for a start,sprayed with synthetic or natural pesticides (rotenone still causes cancer) any exported food has to be sprayed with atrazine which is pretty dangerous according to the studies available to read (use sci-hub to read any scientific paper you come across. its free)
freezing produce which many supermarkets do causes the water in the food to turn into ice which then pierces the cell walls which removes at the very least the enzymes that we need to digest the accompanying nutrients,

heat destroys all enzymes over 117f and all vegetable protein is denatured between 55c to 75c dependant on the particular amino acid.
meat and fish are not foods we are meant to eat, fish can only be digested once bacteria has rottted it this is how eskimoes are able to eat fish. although ginger is a great digestive aid because of the 2% proteolytic enzymes in it ginger is not medicinal unless it has had 7 years in the ground although the enzymes are still their i believe.

some other things to try is B15 from i-herb.com only buy it from this one place this an extremely good company that has a fantastic reputation all over the world, they only source genuine products that work although you cannot beat fruit that you pick yourself for all your nutritional needs.

antibacterial or mica clay is amazing so amazing in fact that when africa has a drought and their is no food available they actually eat clay and this keeps them alive also the original australian aboriginals only drink rain water due to the mineral contents they do not eat food and they choose when to die I kid you not helps being an original human hey

here are a couple of funky ways to clear toxins from your body one is lobelia inflata or indian tobacco there is a chemical in this herb that goes into your cells and expels all the toxins from them always supplement with a pure msm (organic sulphur) sulphur always donates an electron to the outgoing toxin leaving your cell unbalanced

and the next is gaharu wood this is another african remedy they burn a small quantity of wood in a bowl once the flames have ceased and only the smoke is coming off of it they sit on a chair for 20 minutes and wrap a blanket around them br3eathing in the smoke this expels all toxins out of your skin you will not believe how much comes out of you you will need a shower afterwards

anyway ive run out of time for now

Mike65Denver

You are making the wellness program too complicated. The problems are complex but the solutions are simple. Every time you are hungry just eat raw organic fruit, mostly very ripe bananas, scrape the peel and eat the scrapings, and raw honey for carbs. Protein and fat are not for fuel. They are for structure. For protein and fat eat raw pastured eggs, unrefined red palm oil, and raw organic nuts and seeds soaked in salt water. You can get the recipes for them and the water kefir on the internet. Watch raw food videos. The supplements you need to take are msm, niacin, D3, A from fish liver oil, and K1 sublingual. Take the D and A with fat. I take 5000 units D3/day and 25000 units A/day, 1 K1 sublingual/day, 1 gram msm 3/day, 1/2 gram niacin 3/day. I weigh 180. When your nerves get all discombobulated and your brain cells go all scattywompus like mine do just meditate and breathe like a yogi and just follow my simple instructions and soon you'll be more calm and cognitive.

Mike65Denver

My brother is 7 years younger than me. Him and his wife are not able to enjoy everything they have worked 35 years for because they are suffering so much. Their brains are full of toxins and low in nutrients making them stupid. They are not enjoying their home, new back porch, vacations, 4 wheel drive truck, or Harley Davidson motorcycle. 5 years ago my brother complained that he was tired, stiff and sore. 3 years ago he complained that he was tired, stiff, sore, and had high blood pressure. 1 year ago he complained that he was tired, stiff, sore, had high blood pressure and high blood sugar. The Doctor hasn't cured anything. He just accumulates more diseases. I gave him a complete nutrition menu and he is not doing the program. You are just like him. I gave you a complete program. You have to follow the instructions, study the websites, and do the program.