How To Improve Your Memory Within 30 Days and Be Free from Forgetfulness

abisco

How To Improve Your Memory Within 30 Days and Be Free from the Embarrassment of Forgetfulness

Posted on March 27, 2016 by Abiodun Odeyemi Posted in General Well being
I believe you will agree with me that forgetfulness is really embarassing. Imagine getting to the exam hall you have spent days or weeks to prepare for, but look and behold, you can hardly remember 30 percent of all you have read. Is this not embarassng and disguiting? May be you often forget names of people and feel ashame to tell the person you can’t remember his or her name again. Imagine you have spent weeks to prepare for an interview but getting to the intetview centre you have been longing for so long , may be to get employment or promotion but unfortunately even though you are ask simple question that you are farmiliar with but it has evaporated. Is this not embarassing? Dear reader ,it is not everything that is Satan, the problem may be due to health challenges that you are not aware of. I have been victim before and I know how embarassing it is. But there is no problem without solution. That is why I deem important to expose to you what has worked for me and other relevant tips to deal with the under lying problem responsible for this challenge.

Tips and Exercises to Sharpen Your Mind and Boost Brainpower.

A strong memory depends on the health and vitality of your brain. Whether you’re a student studying for final exams, a working professional interested in doing all you can to stay mentally sharp, or a senior looking to preserve and enhance your grey matter as you age, there are lots of things you can do to improve your memory and mental performance.

You can boost your brain power at any age.

They say that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, but when it comes to the brain, scientists have discovered that this old adage simply isn’t true. The human brain has an astonishing ability to adapt and change—even into old age. This ability is known as neuroplasticity. With the right stimulation, your brain can form new neural pathways, alter existing connections, and adapt and react in ever-changing ways.

The brain’s incredible ability to reshape itself holds true when it comes to learning and memory. You can harness the natural power of neuroplasticity to increase your cognitive abilities, enhance your ability to learn new information, and improve your memory at any age.

Improving memory tip 1: Give your brain a workout

By the time you’ve reached adulthood, your brain has developed millions of neural pathways that help you process and recall information quickly, solve familiar problems, and execute familiar tasks with a minimum of mental effort. But if you always stick to these well-worn paths, you aren’t giving your brain the stimulation it needs to keep growing and developing. You have to shake things up from time to time!

Memory, like muscular strength, requires you to “use it or lose it.” The more you work out your brain, the better you’ll be able to process and remember information. But not all activities are equal. The best brain exercises break your routine and challenge you to use and develop new brain pathways.

Four key elements of a good brain-boosting activity

It teaches you something new. No matter how intellectually demanding the activity, if it’s something you’re already good at, it’s not a good brain exercise. The activity needs to be something that’s unfamiliar and out of your comfort zone. To strengthen the brain, you need to keep learning and developing new skills.

It’s challenging. The best brain-boosting activities demand your full and close attention. It’s not enough that you found the activity challenging at one point. It must still be something that requires mental effort. For example, learning to play a challenging new piece of music counts. Playing a difficult piece you’ve already memorized does not.

Shreya_pandey

1. Begin to access your visual cues. Access the visually memorable part of your brain by looking up and to the left. You see when you look up and to the left you access your visual memory. These are the pictures, images and movies that have flashed on your mind from the past. You can do this deliberately right now to find items you lost or misplaced.
Have you lost your keys or misplaced your wallet?
You can find these items in your mind. Outer world images are stored inside. Just move your eyes by looking up and to the left and look for your wallet in your mind. Where did you see it last?
2. Another way to use this approach is in conversation. The next time you speak with someone, be sure to play with the visual strategy.
When someone is speaking to you, start to create pictures and images in your mind. Listen to people as if they were telling you a story. And as they tell you their story, build a motion picture in your mind. Add visual images and pictures to the story. The richer the pictures, the easier it will be to remember.
I’ve used this strategy to avoid taking meeting minutes. All I did was add pictures to the story I was hearing. A picture says a thousand words. Some people were amazed at how good my memory was, but there’s no trick to it – just a strategy. Use it or loose it.
3. Practice changing your physiology. Make sure to speak to someone by keeping your head up and shoulders back. Stand up straight when possible. This makes it so much easier to look up and make pictures. And since your memory is accessed through the picture-making magic comes from looking up and to the left, that’s where you want to be.