Herpes labialis aka Cold Sore!

revzen

My 16 yr old daughter suffers from Herpes labialis. She gets cold sores periodically, and I would appreciate any suggestions by the wonderful members of this forum. Is their a natural treatment which works? Have you come across one? I'd love to hear from you if you have - well my daughter would! I've never suffered with this complaint! Plenty of others but not this one!

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
My 16 yr old daughter suffers from Herpes labialis. She gets cold sores periodically, and I would appreciate any suggestions by the wonderful members of this forum. Is their a natural treatment which works? Have you come across one? I'd love to hear from you if you have - well my daughter would! I've never suffered with this complaint! Plenty of others but not this one!
I think Herpes Simplex is the term to describe fever blisters or cold sores, at least that's the term I've been using, sounds like it's the same thing that your daughter suffers from. I've had great success getting rid of them before they become large and painful.

Here's a section I copied from a past reply to another member from me, where I give a detailed explanation of what has worked for me. Basically supplementing at the first signs of an outbreak with L-Lysine (amino acid) and Vitamin C. Good luck to her, the key is to start to supplement as soon as there's an itchy or numb feel, where you suspect you're going to get one. Also, keep it dry and don't use any creams or lotions.

I've gotten them all my life, usually on the lips, but during a cold, sometimes under the nose. For me they seemed to come on from irritation, if I was sick, or stress, or too much sun.

For years now, I've been able to avoid them. If I feel one coming on, usually an itchy/tingly feeling in the area, I get out my L-Lysine and Vitamin C, works 90% of the time for me. The couple of times it hasn't worked was because I waited too long to take the supplements, but nevertheless, it definitely lessened the severity.

Right now I use 'Country Life' L-Lysine (free form amino acid). It also contains vitamin B-6 to aid in utilization. They are 500mg. capsules.

My method is frequent mega-doses to start, then lessen. As soon as I feel one coming on, I take 2,000mg of L-Lysine with 1,000mg of vitamin C (ascorbic acid). Three hours later, I'll repeat, only using 1500mg of Lysine and 500 or 1,000mg of C. I continue this for the first day every 3-4 hours.

It really does kick it out of your system. The following couple of days, I continue using Lysine and C, but just a couple of times a day.

I try not to put anything on it at all. I've tried Lysine creams, Carmex type products and vaseline. The moisture just makes them seem to 'fester' and tend to spread.

PS: Once you're sure it's not appearing and you've avoided it, stop taking the L-Lysine. It's better to take it only for the fever blisters/cold sores...more effective that way.

revzen

Original Poster
I think Herpes Simplex is the term to describe fever blisters or cold sores, at least that's the term I've been using, sounds like it's the same thing that your daughter suffers from. I've had great success getting rid of them before they become large and painful.

Here's a section I copied from a past reply to another member from me, where I give a detailed explanation of what has worked for me. Basically supplementing at the first signs of an outbreak with L-Lysine (amino acid) and Vitamin C. Good luck to her, the key is to start to supplement as soon as there's an itchy or numb feel, where you suspect you're going to get one. Also, keep it dry and don't use any creams or lotions.
Brilliant! k2c I will pass this on to my daughter:D

Blessings,

rev

Arrowwind09

Standing at the Portal
MMS applied topically will stop them...but wash it off after 3 minutes after application.

but if she gets them repeatedly please consider that she is run down, not getting enough sleep and may be deficient in some vitamins. Look at D3, Bs and C.