Health Benefits of the Kiwi Fruit

kind2creatures

...elusive dreamer
I've been enjoying Kiwis for a long time now, great for a healthy snack and easy to eat. Sometimes I slice them in half and eat with a spoon, and other times I'll make enough for both myself and my husband by peeling them and slicing into bite size pieces. Been getting them mostly from Costco at reasonable prices, have some at home right now. :yum:

The bright green fruit of this nutritional powerhouse contains numerous phytonutrients which protect the DNA in human cells from oxygen-related damage. It is also valuable for its antioxidant protection and is useful in the prevention of arthritis, asthma, artherosclerosis, diabetic heart disease and blood clots. It is known to reduce the fats (triglycerides) in the blood.

Because Kiwis have a high fiber content, they are beneficial for reducing cholesterol levels and promoting a healthy colon. Diabetics find that they are helpful in keeping blood sugar levels under control.

Kiwis have a high beta-carotene content, which makes them useful in the area of eye health, and the prevention of conditions such as macular degeneration. They're a natural source of carotenoids, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin.
Read Full Article Here...https://www.natmedtalk.com/wiki/Kiwi_Fruit

saved1986

In seaerch of spicy food
This one lady my mom use to work from is from serbia and her brother is an MD over there. he told her eat one a day for optimal health.